AKG K702 "Fields of Gold"
Aug 31, 2008 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 137

FritzS

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,
"my" AKG K702 is in the house
regular_smile .gif

I named it "Fields of Gold" - so I listen Eva Cassidy "Live at Blues Alley" CD

My serious sessions begun only after 1 ...2 (!!!) hours of burning in (before I listen some of my Mahler CD's and PF "The Final Cut").
I know about recommend burning in time more than 50 hours, but I cannot wait
happy_face1.gif

Eva Cassidy "Live at Blues Alley"
Recordings - Eva Cassidy Web Site
My feeling - the last curtain are falling - a new dimension of listening.
The K702 "likes" woman voices.

Marianne Faithful "Blazing Away" CD
Filmography
Very detailed, tiny nuances, "goose-flesh inclusive", drums and brass "solitary peak".

In advance I can say the AKG K702 is one headphone for studio recording and mixing - the sound engineers "must have" to create extraordinary results.

More coming step by step
bigsmile_face.gif

Compared to my AKG K701 (used more than 300 hours).
Driven by Marantz SA7001 KI and GSP Audio Green Solo

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the K702 was exactly the same as the K701 apart from the colour change and a detachable cable?

Thats what I thought as well..
ph34r.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the K702 was exactly the same as the K701 apart from the colour change and a detachable cable?

some akg, ie k501, k340 has different version so you never know.

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #8 of 137
Before anybody jumps to conclusions, please note that the OP is just comparing for the heck of it. No where does he state that it sounds differently from the K701. Heck, perhaps just that burn-in time difference alone will yield differing results.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before anybody jumps to conclusions, please note that the OP is just comparing for the heck of it. No where does he state that it sounds differently from the K701. Heck, perhaps just that burn-in time difference alone will yield differing results.

Cor - rect. If he's no experience with a fully burned in pair of K701s there's no baseline for comparison. Though I will say his reaction mirrors that of any satisfied K701 owner - so draw your own conclusions. (Unless the Op would care to elaborate please?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back