AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3,376 of 3,394
I have #3732. I just checked out ebay and there was one listing for about what I paid for mine. Lol the only headphone I have purchased that has maintained its value.

ETA:

Why then there is such a big difference in the price? 38 dollars for the K712 and 18 dollars for the K702 -
https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/514206-akg-2400x00090-dkk45-capsule-for-k712
https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/551653-akg-2400x00070-driver-for-k702
Probably some better ones are selected for more expensive models.

I think the driver you listed is for a regular 702. The AE uses a different driver than the original 702 IIRC.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #3,378 of 3,394
Hi everyone, I've just bought the K7XX from Massdrop yesterday, they were shipped today. Could some kind soul please recommend a cable upgrade for me? Thank you so much. I'm very excited.
Depends on what you're looking for in a cable. I wouldn't look for improvement in audio quality by upgrading cables, but if you're looking for convenience (shorter cable, different plug termination, etc.) then there are options.

For my K702 AE, I originally swapped out the stock cable for an AKG coiled cable. It's shorter than stock, but can stretch to a longer length if needed and uses the same threaded 6.35mm adapter that comes with the original cable. https://www.amazon.com/AKG-EK500S-Coiled-headphone-cable/dp/B000GQ3I66

Eventually I just purchased my own parts from redco.com and made a couple DIY cables, each custom made for specific duties. I made one that is about 3ft long for portability and one that's 15ft long for chilling in my recliner listening to my vinyl collection. It's super easy to do and doesn't cost much in parts and you can put your own flare into them- my cables are blue and black to match the K702 AE. The sky's the limit with the DIY option.

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #3,379 of 3,394
I came home yesterday and my mint K702 Annies were destroyed by my dog. He chewed up everything in a fit of anger because I left without him.

So long Annies, it was fun while it lasted ...

May 6, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,381 of 3,394
So I had a question :) I have the AKG 65 Anniversary editions and bought an anilon mod mic. In addition I have been using Astro A50's since I liked the wireless aspect.

Would the AKG be the proper choice for gaming / FPS? I was thinking I should give them another shot.

May 11, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #3,382 of 3,394
So I had a question :) I have the AKG 65 Anniversary editions and bought an anilon mod mic. In addition I have been using Astro A50's since I liked the wireless aspect.

Would the AKG be the proper choice for gaming / FPS? I was thinking I should give them another shot.
I think so.

May 11, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #3,383 of 3,394

As eldus said, they're great as a pair of headphones for competitive FPS. I'm not sure how well they image though compared to AD700x's... I still think those are the best for anything under 300.

May 15, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #3,384 of 3,394
I thought only 3000 ANnies float the earth but mine is a 5xxx

oh well, i was surprised at the balance they offer, and nothing offends me like on the Slovakian Beasts 712 which were great but something in the treble bugged me time to time.
Very similar but the Annie is a tad smoother. Could be due to tolerance, variation in batches , driver matching etc

or the Austrian air vs Slovakian air.\ In saying that I like the look of the Slovakian Beats more with the orange black vs the "titanium" look of annie

:D

May 18, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3,385 of 3,394
Pads could factor in as well.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #3,386 of 3,394
Hey everyone. Not sure if this thread is still alive, but I was thinking about selling a pair of my K702 65th Anniversary Editions with the box that I haven't used in years, and I can't even find a recent pair that has sold on eBay so I have no idea what they are worth at this moment in time. I search the classifieds here as well, and again couldn't find a recent sale so I don't even know if these have any demand. Any insight appreciated!

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,387 of 3,394
Hey everyone. Not sure if this thread is still alive, but I was thinking about selling a pair of my K702 65th Anniversary Editions with the box that I haven't used in years, and I can't even find a recent pair that has sold on eBay so I have no idea what they are worth at this moment in time. I search the classifieds here as well, and again couldn't find a recent sale so I don't even know if these have any demand. Any insight appreciated!
Whatever used K7XX's are at the moment.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #3,388 of 3,394
I sold mine on eBay in January for $300 with free S&H. That was the headphone with original box and accessories, all in pristine condition. I bundled a DIY cable with it too. I tried to sell them on head-fi but got no takers. The flood of K7XX on the market makes it difficult to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back