Rated impedance (ohms) 32
Convertible jack plug (1/4“ to 1/8“) YES
2D-Axis YES
Cable length (m) 3
Single-sided cable YES
Hard gold-plated jack plugand contacts YES
Design closed 

May 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #22 of 1,494
Based on the claimed frequency response published, I doubt that AKG are pitching this as a flagship model.  1 + 1 doesn't equal= 6  Just because you might want a new flagship doesn't mean it is one.  And just because they list it above the K701 doesn't mean that it is meant to be more accurate etc.  It is simply a new closed model, no flagship claim beyond that.

May 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #24 of 1,494
Look very nice. I will wait review about it

May 16, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #26 of 1,494

Quote:
Based on the claimed frequency response published, I doubt that AKG are pitching this as a flagship model.  1 + 1 doesn't equal= 6  Just because you might want a new flagship doesn't mean it is one.  And just because they list it above the K701 doesn't mean that it is meant to be more accurate etc.  It is simply a new closed model, no flagship claim beyond that.

The frequency range of a phone tells us absolutely nothing about how it will sound. The range of human hearing is roughly 20-20k.

eta: It may not be their closed flasgship, but it looks like a wise assumption to me. All of their higher end phones are open or semi-open and the closed phones they have are mid-range and unsuitable for portable use. I'm sure Harman have noticed that there is a market for expensive closed efficient phones right now what with beats and bose circumaurals being worn all over the place.

May 16, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #27 of 1,494

Quote:
The frequency range of a phone tells us absolutely nothing about how it will sound. The range of human hearing is roughly 20-20k.

I am not saying it does.  What I am saying is that AKG or Harman would not publish the restricted response if they were pitching it as a K701 flagship beater.  It would simply not be a wise marketing move, it has nothing to do with how they sound.  People started to speculate (as they do) that this might be a Flagship can, I am speculating based on published performance figures, AKG is not pitching it there.

EDIT: And not that it matters, but I doubt too many can hear to 20K.

May 16, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #28 of 1,494

Quote:

eta: It may not be their closed flasgship, but it looks like a wise assumption to me. All of their higher end phones are open or semi-open and the closed phones they have are mid-range and unsuitable for portable use. I'm sure Harman have noticed that there is a market for expensive closed efficient phones right now what with beats and bose circumaurals being worn all over the place.

I heard that the pianist Rafał Blechacz hears from ok 5 Hz up to close 30 000 Hz.

About AKG - price will set this headphones on the market.

May 16, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #29 of 1,494
If true, Rafał Blechacz is a pretty narrow market to be aiming at for a major headphone manufacturer...
tongue.gif

Re "K701 beater" - I think what was being suggested was that this could be their flagship closed phone - similar in relation to the K701 as the intended relationship between the T1 and the T5P or the DT880 and DT770 of old.

But I don't see why it couldn't be better than the K701 though, Harman have had a lot of time for R&D since the release of that phone to do better, and certainly other manufacturers have bested it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back