AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Sep 4, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #61 of 4,058
Does the video description say like "For CEOs only"? Like in the Sony Vaio Z advertisments?

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #62 of 4,058
Google translation from German engadget site:

"Our first impression: It's worth unconditionally. Such a finely balanced, airy, yet powerful sound we have not heard from any in-ear before"
Let the hype begin...
popcorn.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #64 of 4,058

Quote:
I hope Czech distributor get them ASAP. I still dont believe AKG can made hybrid IEMs worth 1000 Euro.

Also, anybody know what is adapter on picture 14 from Engadget site?

Do you mean the double flight adaptor or the audio adaptor?
They are explained here: http://eu.akg.com/akg-k3003-accessories-eu.html

Sep 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #66 of 4,058
Concept reminded me of AKG K340 electrostatic-dynamic headphones
cool.gif

What a price, should watch only
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Here's a picture of the hybrid design (dual BA + one DD). According to German Stereo magazine the "personal tuning" will just be three different filters (think Phonak PFE), not some electronic chip.

There's also a teaser video on Youtube:

Btw. would some Admin/Mod here please be so nice as to relocate this thread to the Portable Headphones forum?

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #67 of 4,058

Quote:

Wow James.  I'm going to grab some Scotch now to wash out that little bit of vomit that came up into my mouth.

That was truly a Harmon product ad if I ever saw one.  I'll wait for an etailer to accidentally put the decimal point too far to the left before I order a pair.  Till then, I'll wait for your impressions James.  
wink_face.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #68 of 4,058
Sep 10, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #69 of 4,058

Quote:
Here's a picture of the hybrid design (dual BA + one DD). According to German Stereo magazine the "personal tuning" will just be three different filters (think Phonak PFE), not some electronic chip.

There's also a teaser video on Youtube:

Btw. would some Admin/Mod here please be so nice as to relocate this thread to the Portable Headphones forum?

So single guys are not qualified? 
blink.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #72 of 4,058
Quote:
Wow James.  I'm going to grab some Scotch now to wash out that little bit of vomit that came up into my mouth.

Well, you're obviously not part of the target audience, if you don't use Dom Pérignon for that.
wink.gif

Engadget just posted their full review (Google translation). Among other things they prefer the K3003 over the SE535, because they can be worn downward. Hmmm.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #73 of 4,058

Quote:
they prefer the K3003 over the SE535, because they can be worn downward. Hmmm.

Hahaha!  Sold!!  They learned that by watching the video btw.  Look forward to your review James.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #74 of 4,058
Quote:
Till then, I'll wait for your impressions James.  
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Look forward to your review James.

Thanks, I got the message.
wink.gif

Needless to deny that I'm interested (being Austrian and all), but at the same time highly sceptic about coherence in a BA/DD hybrid design. Of course AKG should have the expertise to pull it off, but the way these are marketed doesn't inspire confidence that sound quality is at the top of their priority list. Bottom line, I won't bite unless they're returnable, and if anything I'd only be interested in the remote-less version, which is nowhere to be seen atm. So it might be long until I get to hear these, but sites like engadget will undoubtedly help to fill that gap.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #75 of 4,058

Thanks, I got the message.
wink.gif

Needless to deny that I'm interested (being Austrian and all), but at the same time highly sceptic about coherence in a BA/DD hybrid design. Of course AKG should have the expertise to pull it off, but the way these are marketed doesn't inspire confidence that sound quality is at the top of their priority list. Bottom line, I won't bite unless they're returnable, and if anything I'd only be interested in the remote-less version, which is nowhere to be seen atm. So it might be long until I get to hear these, but sites like engadget will undoubtedly help to fill that gap.

AKG...Expertise with BA/DD hybrids or expensive IEMs... lol, really? I'd be more thinking along the lines of another type of guarantee: well harman milked AKG (e.g. Q701), and for such a high priced/high market positioned product, if it's bad they'd get laughed at/AKG and harman lose a bit of rep with the higher end people... (although it seems for HP/IEMs, everything is dealt with more or less on a case by case basis, and if a product is good, from a brand that previously screwed up, it might get a late start,but it's not necessarily doomed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back