AKG 702 sound
Feb 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #46 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by rvikul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait till you hit 350+ hours on the K702s. My 701s sound so much sweeter and a lot warmer now than they were out of the box.

hope i will get the warmer sound from k702.

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #47 of 80
Quote:

Wait till you hit 350+ hours on the K702s. My 701s sound so much sweeter and a lot warmer now than they were out of the box.

Yep, I have 150+ hours burn in time on my K-702. And the mids are settled in on both ends, and the sound is much more balanced now.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #48 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, I have 150+ hours burn in time on my K-702. And the mids are settled in on both ends, and the sound is much more balanced now.

From 0 to 150 hours, the improvement for me was from good to better. Somewhere around 350 hours the K701s blossomed into fanstastic headphones. The mids are so fluid and the highs are so rich. Bass is acceptable but lacking in depth or extension - no surprise there. Soundstaging has improved dramatically.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #49 of 80
Quote:

From 0 to 150 hours, the improvement for me was from good to better. Somewhere around 350 hours the K701s blossomed into fanstastic headphones. The mids are so fluid and the highs are so rich. Bass is acceptable but lacking in depth or extension - no surprise there. Soundstaging has improved dramatically.

Wow, great...We all need something to look forward, LTR.
Remind me my Ultrasone, was hard times in till I reach the 500 hours burn in, but then... Ultrasone haven.

Do you have more then 500 hours burn in time??

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickEC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my personal experience, K701 is a clean white room where specks of dust can be seen. Drop a piece of metallic apparatus, and you hear every clean note accurately. HD650 is a lounge with full of plush sofa. There are less sharp edges in the room and all are so comfy. Some times I fell asleep in the lounge. DT is even warmer than HD.

Brilliant description
popcorn.gif
I really love this one ....

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #52 of 80
To my ears, K701/2 + well recorded orchestral music = pure bliss. Everything is so crystal clear and pristine… I can hear what exactly is going on when the orchestra peaks! Every instrument is separated, resolved and rendered in its own discrete layer. It’s huge and 3 dimensional… my other headphones just sound like a joke after it. (PX100 and E4C) And the timpani has the fundamental frequency, you can hear it clearly…. My other headphones just omit this fundamental frequency in favor of fake mid-bass thickness, which comes across as a bass-y sonic signature!

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #53 of 80
The peaks with complex material is impressive. They don't get lost with the effort. Pink Floyd's "Us and Them" has always had a tough time with most hps handling the battle peaks but the 701s do it very well.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #56 of 80
Holy orchestral bliss Batman!
eek.gif

They sound awesome on the K701!

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #58 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a K501 on the way. I know it will sound different from the K701/2 but it will be my first AKG. I am eager to see how it fairs against my HD600 and HD650

Many AKG fans, who have heard many of their headphones still prefer the 501 over the 701. The 501 stays closer to the AKG 'roots' and house sound. Think Grado and the 1000 which many Grado fans dislike as it differs from Grado's house sound.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #59 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does burn in increase warmth?

Yes, the burn in process increase warmth by smooth out any curves in the sound, therefore the sound will be more natural.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #60 of 80
You guys should try some of Duran Durans' music. 'Hungry Like a Wolf' and 'Rio' sound pretty darned good on the K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back