After 2 and a half years, I finally pulled the trigger on some RS-1s
May 1, 2006 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

CamelBackCinema

500+ Head-Fier
Congratz to me!!! Thanks to Dennison for an awesome deal.

I got some bubinga c bowls with em.... mmmmm!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Now I need a nice tube amp and a good source!

May 1, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Right when the GS-1000 comes out
eek.gif
?

Why not? The GS-1k cost one freakin' thousand dollars! The RS-1 can be had for half of that if you're very very lucky.

May 1, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 23
Congrats!!!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

I like mine with Earmax tubes and an open-spatious sounding source. GS-1000 doesn't sound too interersting to me... Supposedly less in your head sounding than the RS1 with a lot of bass.

Garrett

May 2, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 23
Congrats on the RS-1s. You're gonna love 'em!

Ya know, I'd never thought about the GS-1000s costing almost twice what the RS-1s go for. That headphone is going to have to review VERY well for me to consider it.

May 2, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Ya know, I'd never thought about the GS-1000s costing almost twice what the RS-1s go for. That headphone is going to have to review VERY well for me to consider it.

Agreed, for now I'll just enjoy the RS1s along with the K701s
biggrin.gif

Congrats DevilDog, you will truly enjoy them!!!! I didn't like them brand new out of the box but after burning them in they really shine! You are very fortunate to get a pair thats broken in already. Happy listening!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Congrats!!!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

I like mine with Earmax tubes and an open-spatious sounding source. GS-1000 doesn't sound too interersting to me... Supposedly less in your head sounding than the RS1 with a lot of bass.

Garrett

So you like the earmax pairing and Rs-1's?

I thought you modded it? or is it a stock one?

May 2, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #10 of 23
Congrats! It's always nic to see someone pull the trigger on a long anticipated purchase. Nice that you got a good deal from a fellow Head-Fi'er as well.

May 2, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Way to go! Have fun with your new toy...

Hey man, who's the beautiful babe in your avatar? everytime I see your post I fall more in lust with her cans! there almost as nice as my 650's.

Benny.

May 2, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So you like the earmax pairing and Rs-1's?

I thought you modded it? or is it a stock one?

Soon to be modded
biggrin.gif
I have some higher capacity power supplies coming as well as some mullards. As it is now its very warm sounding and with bowl pads its open and fun to listen too. Noticeably less "shouty" than my millet and the RS1.

May 2, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #13 of 23
Congrats on the RS-1!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Let's not do the thing that happened to the Senn 600 when the 650 came out. Which was:

The 600 was touted as the best all around can, etc. (general thought on headfi - not that we all agreed). -- but then the 650 came out and all of a sudden the 600 was outdated, sucked, and had flaws. In the end, I preferred the 600 to the 650 anyway.

Let's not do that to the RS-1 because it is an amazing can even if there is a bigger brother on the way. I listened to mine last night as couldn't beleive how magical that sucker is.

May 3, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
The 600 was touted as the best all around can, etc. (general thought on headfi - not that we all agreed). -- but then the 650 came out and all of a sudden the 600 was outdated, sucked, and had flaws.

My thoughts egzagctli

basshead.gif

May 3, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #15 of 23
I do think the GS1k will replace the Rs-1's in the way it will appeal to headfiers who don't like the Rs-1's.

It will appeal for a general number of reasons that no matter how much you like the Rs-1's the Gs1k's will appeal to more.

Think of all the complaints people have with the rs-1's. Comfort, 1st row presentation, long decay rates, etched highs. Thin sounding with bowls, muddy sounding with flats.

These have been somewhat addressed by the GS1k.

As a long time Rs-1 user I will not be getting the GS1k. But also I am about to sell the Rs-1's as I find I need a more all round headphone which works with all kind of genre's. Sure the I like the Rs-1's with rock and live accoustic. But I find it doesn;t serve well when I am playing games or watching movies via headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back