Affordable MQA DACs <500$?
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

helloh3adfi

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm looking for a full decoding MQA DAC with balanced connectors. It doesn't matter if there's an amp included. It should be not more than 500 $US! Chifi or whatever doesn't matter as long as there are no bugs or poor quality. I am not afraid to update the firmware. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello, I'm looking for a full decoding MQA DAC with balanced connectors. It doesn't matter if there's an amp included. It should be not more than 500 $US! Chifi or whatever doesn't matter as long as there are no bugs or poor quality. I am not afraid to update the firmware. Any help appreciated.
I don't think there is such a thing in that price range.

Alternative could be a bluesound box as a transport.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Most of the MQA DACs have ESS chips. Unfortunately there are almost no affordable DACs with AKM. Maybe we will see them soon, since they started to produce again. Some say AKM sounds better.

I use a Topping e50 and like it a lot, no issues and comes with a remote. It has the indicator for MQA to tell if it's an authenticated song, or just a processed FLAC file.
Doesn't it have a lot of bugs and a wide variety of QC issues? I saw many comments on headfi. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/topping-e50-stuttering-with-mqa.962096/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back