Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Nov 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #241 of 474
Copper 8 braid vitesse cable makes w500 more coherent and a little more refined sounding ciem. Also, it becomes a little smoother in treble section mate. Do you use 4 braided Vitesse, right?

Yes W500 comes with the 4 braided version by default, which in my case was faulty out of the box. Now I am using a run of the mill 2 pin cable that seems to work okay. Unfortunately haven't received my Vitesse cable from RMA yet. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #242 of 474

Go mother of pearl. Not many CIEM brands carry it. Too much carbon fibre nowadays.
They have freeeeeeeee faceplates during Black Friday.

Mine are incoming but it'll definitely arrive after BF!! Good luck!

Yes, AAW's implementation of MOP faceplates are top notch. They look absolutely stunning. It's always important for a manufacturer to do more than just produce good sound - in an age of a multitude of choices for sound, a customised design is not something to be scoffed at.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #243 of 474
Nearly a month and still awaiting my AHMorph. The wait for customs is very worth it but not making it any easier. I jumped on the JH Angie universal bcos i wanted instant gratification lol.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #245 of 474
Hold tight, it should not be more than 2 weeks from now. I received mine at 5 weeks.

I ordered from Jaben (free impressions and 10% discount so...) so it has one more stop before arriving. Man.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #246 of 474
So today I spent a good few hours listening to my W500 and I just could not help but feel something was off about the sound. Mid bass was good but sub bass extension was not quite as strong as mentioned in the reviews. Mids were not as thick and treble seemed to be quite present and forward. Most importantly, imaging was screwed up. Left right separation was okay but centre image was weird and way too diffused, like someone had turned on some heavy duty surround sound DSP. 

I was beginning to suspect polarity issues in the cable so off I went online to do some polarity check and voila, the test results were totally off. Switched my cable to an old spare I had lying around and my jaw just dropped to the floor. That glorious, gut wrenching sub bass. Wow.

As it turns out, my W500 cable was faulty right out of the box. No loose connection or anything, just polarity issue which for some reason did not resolve even when I flipped the connection direction. I wonder how this escaped quality control. 

I experienced the same problem but only with a aftermarket cable. The default cable was perfectly fine for me. Simply flipping one side of the aftermarket cable's earphone side connecter fixed it for me. I told Null about this and I received a Arete cable as a replacement.

I believe it's a matter on how the engineer prefers it to be made it as their W350 unit had this problem too the last time I went to try it out

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #247 of 474
I experienced the same problem but only with a aftermarket cable. The default cable was perfectly fine for me. Simply flipping one side of the aftermarket cable's earphone side connecter fixed it for me. I told Null about this and I received a Arete cable as a replacement.

I believe it's a matter on how the engineer prefers it to be made it as their W350 unit had this problem too the last time I went to try it out

I see. I should have tried flipping one side of the default cable and see if it works. I flipped both and it didn't solve the issue.

The funny thing is it has been a week and I am yet to receive my cable from RMA. I ordered through Jaben though, which I suspect is the main cause for the delay. Cable replacement shouldn't be taking this long. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #248 of 474
The funny thing is it has been a week and I am yet to receive my cable from RMA. I ordered through Jaben though, which I suspect is the main cause for the delay. Cable replacement shouldn't be taking this long. 

I've sent a Lune cable for retermination before and that took 2 weeks. Asked the staff before and I believe they have a huge increase in the number of orders. That could probably be the cause of your delays.

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #249 of 474
I've sent a Lune cable for retermination before and that took 2 weeks. Asked the staff before and I believe they have a huge increase in the number of orders. That could probably be the cause of your delays.

Reterminating is not the same as just replacing the cable with a new one, though. Anyways, I guess I will have to be patient. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #250 of 474
Nearly a month and still awaiting my AHMorph. The wait for customs is very worth it but not making it any easier. I jumped on the JH Angie universal bcos i wanted instant gratification lol.

Wow, using the Angie as a stopgap IEM? Nice! Amazing inventory that you have there, too. 
smile.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #251 of 474
Copper 8 braid vitesse cable makes w500 more coherent and a little more refined sounding ciem. Also, it becomes a little smoother in treble section mate. Do you use 4 braided Vitesse, right?

Hey Mike, I just noticed you have the QA360 DAP. How's the pairing with your W500 and the 8 braid vitesse? It's my soon-to-be rig.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #252 of 474
Wow, using the Angie as a stopgap IEM? Nice! Amazing inventory that you have there, too. :smile:

Thanks dude. No more new gear this year.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back