ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Dec 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #46 of 222
Quote:

Notice on the bottom picture the green filter in the reel next in line to be used. I believe this is the same type as in the review..

If you looked at my post above, then apparently the T1 Live! (and also the new T1, I believe) used to utilised non-removable wax filters initially. Those should be the white filters that can be seen in average_joe's pair. ACS has since replaced them with the green user-removable filters, and with an order you'll get a reel of 14.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #47 of 222
That may be a difference with the T1 vs the T1 Live. I have the T1's. The T1's have 2 bores and each has a green filter inside.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #49 of 222
Too bad the web site is light on pictures. They seem to have no filters in the sample pics for either style.

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #50 of 222
Quote:
If you looked at my post above, then apparently the T1 Live! (and also the new T1, I believe) used to utilised non-removable wax filters initially. Those should be the white filters that can be seen in average_joe's pair. ACS has since replaced them with the green user-removable filters, and with an order you'll get a reel of 14.

I think mine only has dampers, not wax filters.

Here are the wax filters from the Fabs, which are similar to the M-Fidelity (formerly Starkey Norway) filters.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #51 of 222
Quote:

I think mine only has dampers, not wax filters.

Oh yeah sorry my bad. Got a bit confused there and forgot that ACS did mention acoustic dampers in their reply to me.
On a side note, just picked up a call from my audiologist and apparently my T1 Live! is coming tomorrow! Compared to the nearly 5 week estimated turnover, this is turning out a lot better than I expected. Taking into account the Xmas break, that has been less than 3 weeks. Kudos to ACS for outdoing themselves there 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #52 of 222
Quote:
Oh yeah sorry my bad. Got a bit confused there and forgot that ACS did mention acoustic dampers in their reply to me.
On a side note, just picked up a call from my audiologist and apparently my T1 Live! is coming tomorrow! Compared to the nearly 5 week estimated turnover, this is turning out a lot better than I expected. Taking into account the Xmas break, that has been less than 3 weeks. Kudos to ACS for outdoing themselves there 
tongue_smile.gif

Nice!  Post some pics when they arrive. Congrats on the quick turn around..
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #53 of 222

They are wax filters, the ones shown in the review set are acoustic dampeners; the T1 classic and the T1 live both now have the user replaceable green wax stops no dampeners and a different crossover. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #54 of 222
I tried to take that shot and I can't get the macro to work....

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #56 of 222
Very nice...The dark grey color is sharp!  The engraving is fun too!

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #58 of 222
Quote:

They are wax filters, the ones shown in the review set are acoustic dampeners; the T1 classic and the T1 live both now have the user replaceable green wax stops no dampeners and a different crossover. 

Nice pics.  ACS does seem to keep changing the T1 without major announcements.  I know that the 2012 model I have is different than the previous year's model, at least in crossovers (and they didn't have the Live! version previously).

Quote:

If you folks could find it in your kind selves to excuse some badly taken photos by a starving foreign student...
tongue_smile.gif

Nice!  What do you think of the sound so far?

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #59 of 222
Joe, would you characterize the T1 vs the JH16 as the JH16 having more bass but the T1 having a solid "Total" presentation?

Thanks for all of your efforts here, BTW!

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #60 of 222
Quote:
Nice!  What do you think of the sound so far?

I posted my impressions in the other thread, so I'll just echo them here briefly:

- As opposed to the IE80's "flat oval" soundstage, the T1 Live!'s presentation is that of a rounder circle, meaning less forward projection with a lot more added depth. Imaging is more coherent along with added airiness. Pairing it with the Clip+ reveals this, while the Studio V seems to distort the shape by adding excess width.

- Much livelier vocals, especially female vocals with a stunning sense of realism. In fact, vocals are so prominent, leading to the feeling that bass is actually slightly lacking in quantity.

I'm still burning them in. Will post more impressions once I have got 100 hours on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back