ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Jun 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #31 of 222
Thanks for sharing the link as that manual wasn't available earlier when I reviewed the T1 Live!.

And depending on how you look at it, the green is adding color to your ACS, or a big downer.  There is no green on mine, but I am sure you used yours more than mine (I am always testing new stuff).  I wonder if it is because of you changing the cable, or just due to the build.  I would have figured the wires would have been completely encapsulated in the silicone, not letting moisture in.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #32 of 222
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link as that manual wasn't available earlier when I reviewed the T1 Live!.

And depending on how you look at it, the green is adding color to your ACS, or a big downer.  There is no green on mine, but I am sure you used yours more than mine (I am always testing new stuff).  I wonder if it is because of you changing the cable, or just due to the build.  I would have figured the wires would have been completely encapsulated in the silicone, not letting moisture in.

Oh! i see, i ordered mine at a relatively later stage after its announced, unlike you and a few of others.
Talking of which i never worry too much about its quality, the solid copper wires looks much more promising than what most other brand's used.
You might well be on the right spot, as i've replaced the cable once already due to heavy usage, it might have provide path  for the sweat and other thing to get in.

Talking of which its finally reached a point that I've to send it back again at about 1 month ago, I dropped it off to the local distributor's place... and asked them to inform ACS about my issue and see if they can figure out why.
So hopefully I will get some more info from ACS regarding how i shall look after this pair of T1Live!

Well unlike last time, that it only took 1.5weeks to get back, its been a month by now. As Im getting abit more free time than usual. Im thinking of emailing ACS myself to learn more about the situation..

I will keep it updated, as long as ACS's willing to reply to me 
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #33 of 222
Hi Folks

I'm new to the forum, so please - no whips or belts yet! :wink:

Loved the review(s) on the T1 Live, Joe. Thanks so much. I have the T2s already and use them when I'm on stage but tend to take one out because I hate the isolation so much. The one thing I'm missing in all the reviews I've read on the T1 Live is.... nothing on the ambient feature other than "it's there"? I would dearly like to hear from someone who has put these things in the ear, connected up the ambient mixer and actually tried them. What are they like? How "isolating" or not are they? What's the quality of the ambient sound like? (Natural or tinny?) etc. etc.

Anyone have some ideas how good these things are? I'm very loathe to spend more then £600 on something which might be not much better than those I have already.

Look forward to your replies!

Cheers
Chris

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #34 of 222
Hi Chris, welcome and sorry about your wallet.  I think there have been delays with the ambient pack, but I will try to find out more.  My guess (and pure speculation) is that the ambient will sound good just like the T1 Live!, which is why ACS decided to do this.  Time will tell of course...

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #35 of 222
Sorry folks for digging up an old thread, I would just like to say that I have inquired ACS regarding the filter problem and here is their response:

"...ACS initially featured dampers within our IEMs that have since been replaced by replaceable Wax Guards; With an order you will receive a reel of 14, and you are also able to purchase these directly from ACS..."

So far customer service has been really impressive and it looks like ACS has been doing their homework.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #36 of 222
Quote:
Sorry folks for digging up an old thread, I would just like to say that I have inquired ACS regarding the filter problem and here is their response:

"...ACS initially featured dampers within our IEMs that have since been replaced by replaceable Wax Guards; With an order you will receive a reel of 14, and you are also able to purchase these directly from ACS..."

So far customer service has been really impressive and it looks like ACS has been doing their homework.

Thanks for sharing!

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #37 of 222
I just received mine back last night, the cable had shredded a bit and the left channel was cutting out. I have to say I did it via Monika Shumacher (www.protection4hearing.co.uk) who I'd bought the headphones through, and the service was superb again. I texted her to ask her for a contact name at ACS so I could start the return-under-warrantee process myself, and she insisted on coming around to my flat after work to pick them up, the same day. I'd recommend her to anyone in the London area.

When Monika brought them back after sorting everything, I have working headphones again as well as new replacement green wax / moisture filters installed and a portable Dri-Aid pouch that I am supposed to use as often as possible. This is as 3nenbgumi stated above. I thought I was taking good care of the T1 Live!s but obviously not, there was also sweat damage in the monitor. When I got the T1 Live!s there were no replacement filters, this is quite a change.

So now I have an unsolicited "upgrade / refresh" (the headphones smell nice and new too) and it's back to the Etymotic-style filter replacements every once in a while. If it makes the headphones a bit more resilient then I'm all for it. I'm trying to determine if I can notice a difference in the sound with the filters in. At the moment I am really tired and stressed at work which will affect my enjoyment of music, so I will reserve final judgement, and please take this with a pinch of salt, but my initial reaction is to say that the sound is a bit tighter and more distant, I don't get wrapped up as much in the warmth of it all, but it's a bit less messy and more analytical than I remember and harsher on a bad source. Ave_Joe - I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the muddy mid range when there's a lot going on, is a bit better now. I'm being urged to actively listen more than I remember. In fact I just stopped typing for a few minutes to concentrate on the music which never really happened before... it's less relaxed. On the other side, voices seem a bit less clear now, it's not quite like they're in the same room, singing to me. Could be the bad source being more noticable again though.

This is of course likely rubbish, and I am probably making it up and will have to delete this post in a few days(!), but yeah I'm liking it. All this could be due to a general refresh from the service of course, or because I cleaned my ears slightly differently, shrug.

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #38 of 222
My T1's seem to be happy pairing with the Fostex HP-P1 portable DAC/Amp. So far so good.
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #39 of 222
Quote:
My T1's seem to be happy pairing with the Fostex HP-P1 portable DAC/Amp. So far so good.
biggrin.gif

Nice!

@Whirlio - any updates?

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #40 of 222
Quote:

Thanks Joe. I went T1 because they already had my impressions on file from the Etymotic custom tips....I have read so many top CIEM reviews that it almost prevents a decision..So this helped get me going. So far so good. They are burning in nicely.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #42 of 222
Quote:
Is the color of both filters green?
Is they same filter in reviewed one?

The new ones came with a reel of 14 green filters... I assume they are the same as the review.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #45 of 222
Here are a couple of the Filter Reel

Notice on the bottom picture the green filter in the reel next in line to be used. I believe this is the same type as in the review..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back