A Very Compact Hybrid Amp
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #587 of 2,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick picture of the proof build for the 1.1 PCB - it works great!

woohoo..excellent Bill.that looks so darn good..I suppose my PCB will be in the mail tomorrow..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #592 of 2,218
well, the proto I got from Bill put out a lot of heat. It's either mesh top, or drill 200 holes. The latter is not an enticing idea, by any means.

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #595 of 2,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be foolish to take this on as a first time DIY?

Personally I don't think it would be too much of a daunting task. Iknow many people will say make a CMOY and all that stuff.

So long as you are diligent about placing the components correctly and have a steady hand..it could be done.

The possibilities of solder bridges are high and would be my only concern for an inexperienced person tackling this project and that's why it would help to have a steady hand.

Taking your time during the build is extremely important.

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #598 of 2,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, well this will be my second build, next is the EHHA tube hybrid and then finishing up a Beta22 with most of the hard work already done. So I may be jumping ahead of myself but what the heck. they'll either work or they wont
biggrin.gif

Guys, its a simple build honestly..just stuffing the board..only that the components are packed real tight..take your time with it and you can do it.

Else you can always commission me to build one for you for a small fee
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #599 of 2,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, its a simple build honestly..just stuffing the board..only that the components are packed real tight..take your time with it and you can do it.

Else you can always commission me to build one for you for a small fee
wink.gif

Now where's the fun in that
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back