A Never-Ending Torrent Download - Question
Dec 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheDreamthinker

Headphoneus Supremus
Dear Head-Fi community,

I am downloading a quite big file (7.75GB) via Bittorrent.
After weeks of patience, the download reached 90.3%, but now, it won't continue.

I do have 2 Peers, but those are also stuck at 90.3% as i am. And can't / won't Seed. EDIT: 3 Peers

Is there any possibility to get this download to an end? Or is my only option to wait for somebody else to "Seed me" to the 100% mark.

Thanks for your help.
And a happy new year.

Your sincerely,

TheDreamthinker

P.S.: This download is really eating me up.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 10
If no one in the swarm has any more data, you won't be able to get it until someone shows up who does. That could be a seeder, or a peer who has it.

Basically how bit torrent works is you download the data that everyone else has, and they download what you have. Seeders are just peers that have all the data. You can get the data from anyone, if they have it. If they don't, you're screwed.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
If no one in the swarm has any more data, you won't be able to get it until someone shows up who does. That could be a seeder, or a peer who has it.

Basically how bit torrent works is you download the data that everyone else has, and they download what you have. Seeders are just peers that have all the data. You can get the data from anyone, if they have it. If they don't, you're screwed.

While you download, you also seed the files you already have.
So i can only wait and hope?

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:

While you download, you also seed the files you already have.
So i can only wait and hope?

Yes, you download from seeders/peers and upload to other peers at the same time
The only option for you now is hope for some seeders to show up, because you already downloaded all the data from those 3 peers (of course they are also stuck at 90.3% like you lol) and none of you have the 10% left

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
If there's a forum thread for the torrent, you can ask for re-seeding, maybe someone will show up.

I already thought of that. There is a Bittorrent-forum, but i try to have as little contact with torrents as possible. I actually downloaded Bittorrent only for this one download. After it is finished, i will delete it.

I will try the forum.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
That happened to me too. I was at like 93%. I guess all the seeders were all at 93%. I just decided to stop it.

I won't give up....
This morning, there was a sudden 2 min "seed-boost".
Now it's 91.7%, that gives me hope. My fellow downloaders are also 91.7%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back