A lot of ZMFs in Classifieds
Jan 28, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #46 of 64
I just did a search out of curiosity but there appears to be over 100 for sale listings of various ZMF across the Internet in the US market alone and over 200 worldwide listings. Some are probably duplicates but still a lot in absolute number.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 64
I just did a search out of curiosity but there appears to be over 100 for sale listings of various ZMF across the Internet in the US market alone and over 200 worldwide listings. Some are probably duplicates but still a lot in absolute number.
I wonder what that search would yield for Hifiman...

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #48 of 64
Jan 28, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #49 of 64
What was the time period of search, how many duplicates, how those were waded out. Which headphones are from official dealers, which headphones are marked as sold or not etc.

Your statement is pretty broad, and doesn't really prove any point aside from the fact that if you look up "zmf headphone for sale" a lot of stuff will come up. Yes, it's amazing to me ZMF has been around over a decade! Very fortunate to make the headphones we do.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 28, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #50 of 64
As someone who doesn't own and hasn't heard any ZMFs but has followed the ZMF threads and classifields somewhat consistently:

ZMF was very busy in 2022 and released a lot of new stuff, to critical acclaim.

A lot of the currently listed stuff is Verite and some of the lower end models, probably with intention to upgrade / consolidate given the expanded set of choices. Money is still a factor for a lot of people, believe it or not.

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #51 of 64
What was the time period of search, how many duplicates, how those were waded out. Which headphones are from official dealers, which headphones are marked as sold or not etc.

Your statement is pretty broad, and doesn't really prove any point aside from the fact that if you look up "zmf headphone for sale" a lot of stuff will come up. Yes, it's amazing to me ZMF has been around over a decade! Very fortunate to make the headphones we do.
Not looking to prove anything. A lot of people are getting rid of their cans in general.

Jan 28, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #52 of 64
Not looking to prove anything. A lot of people are getting rid of their cans in general.
Yeah so many new releases in the past years.

I'd also like to get ~3 more Sets from the currently available roster, but in order to do that I'd have to sell some stuff first.

Most others are Probably in the same boat

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #53 of 64
Hi all - I'm considering getting a pair of ZMFs (not sure which yet). I did notice A LOT of ZMFs end up on classifieds. Any idea why that's the case? Just curious. I'm wondering if people just get bored with their gear or if there's some other reason.
I remember back when the focal Utopia was released and plenty of people getting it as the reviews were glowing only to see quite a fair few going on sale weeks after as it doesn't fit their listening preferences. It is just a trend in general where people buy and sell headphones. It happened with Audeze when the lcd2 was released, hd800, ZMF Verite, Focal, Hifiman, iems etc. I also noticed the more hype a headphone is, the more likely it is for people to overlook getting it blind which isn't ideal to say the least.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #54 of 64
1674968826461.jpeg

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #55 of 64
Of the used ZMF for sale now in the US that's >$1k, approx 42% of those are Verite, 9% are Aueter, 13% are Aeolus, 11% are Atrium, 9% are Eikon.

Of the used HFM for sale now in the US that's >$1k, approx 32% of those are Susvara, 34% are HE1000 (and variants), 17% are Arya.

Of the used Audeze for sale now in the US that's >$1k, approx 13% of those are LCD-4, about the same percentage with respect to each of LCD-2, LCD-3 and LCD-5.

Anyway, not proclaiming any of this is accurate just ballpark based on publicly available stats. I think this is super interesting.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #57 of 64
ZMF offers a more extensive amount of tweakery than others. And that's a good thing. But tweakers are a restless bunch, which is likely why we see a lot of flippage with this brand.

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #58 of 64
ZMF has 4 flagships…Verite Open\close, Atrium and now Caldera. A lot are sold because ppl move from Verite to Atrium or from Atrium to Caldera or vice versa and even sometime from softer to harder wood :beyersmile: and ZMF has sold lot of units as well across globe and hence there is bound to be a lot of unit in classified.
Also ZMF tends to sound better from amp with higher OI and many buyer are not ready for it and some simply don’t prefer warm sound and are after razor sharp, crystal clear sound.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #59 of 64
It seems that every time I look at the classifies I see an abundance of Audeze HP for sell, but presume that it due to upgrades and waves, i.e., recent pre-Black Friday sales.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #60 of 64
It seems that every time I look at the classifies I see an abundance of Audeze HP for sell, but presume that it due to upgrades and waves, i.e., recent pre-Black Friday sales.
Maybe it's depending on the exact model but I rarely find the flagships in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back