A little about the Shozy Alien
Nov 20, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #91 of 3,124
The Kogan hype is real.... Real I tell you!

Sold out everywhere in Australia - people are trying to find alternatives which is proving hard.

Anyway, moving on from Kogan.

Somethings I noticed about Alien.

1) For some reason instead of playing the next track my unit played the same track again, (didn't matter which folder)
It did this until a reboot solved the issue and it hasn't happened again after a full day of listening.

2) Sometimes with random folders the last track plays first instead of the first (only some folders) I think it might be card / tag related.

3) I would have liked the power switch to have a 2-3 second delay to switch the unit off. Not that I have bumped it yet but it would be nice.

They're the only things I've come across. Apart from the above It's exactly like Loquah said a quality sounding unit. And I've been saying via PM to people, I think with something like Alien a screenless player 16gb card is fine with just your favourites on it, I really don't see myself using a 32gb, not yet anyway. It's quite funny as when I hear an album come on I can instantly gather sense of direction where I'm at on the card, just by thinking of the album name and it's alphabetical letter.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #92 of 3,124
Are your trac #s designated 01, 02 etc? Had that issue on others when not. I also think there's a revised version. Don't know if it's just FW or more but I think one of the tweaks was to the operation.

My Bogan was real enough. You can crack them open with a fingernail to take a look and it was identical. The FW looked the same as well. It certainly wasn't bad and it is cheap.
smile.gif
 Hype2OH! 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #93 of 3,124
  Are your trac #s designated 01, 02 etc? Had that issue on others when not. I also think there's a revised version. Don't know if it's just FW or more but I think one of the tweaks was to the operation.

My Bogan was real enough. You can crack them open with a fingernail to take a look and it was identical. The FW looked the same as well. It certainly wasn't bad and it is cheap.
smile.gif
 Hype2OH! 
tongue_smile.gif

I saw you make that sneaky edit too! 
wink_face.gif

Anyway, no, my files/tracks aren't numbered but I've been through that with HM-601. This is different? And only a minor glitch I gather, I think 2 folders from about 20 do it. Also, keep in mind you can folder skip both directions > Foward <> Back < so you're not just stuck in one direction to pick an album, Being able to go both ways is quite handy. 

My real test will be using Alien tonight in the dark! 
eek.gif

But if you want a handy tip, a little bit of finger nail on your thumb helps for navigating, use the edge to navigate instead of a full thumb print, I gather that's where people were slipping up a little.

What am I saying, you've owned a Studio V unit, you're going to be fine! 

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #95 of 3,124
Well, there's not much to see in the dark besides a green power light which magically flashes blue / green when looking at an angle ( when the music is playing). Btw having heard X5 I agree with Loquah, my DX50 sounds quite underwhelming after using Alien.

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #99 of 3,124
From a Shozy Alien listing on eBay.

Quote:
Ø  If you like sony zx1 / d50 and other sound-level players, and do not care about the kind of player like German cavalry manipulate music enthusiasts, pay close attention to book it.

OOooook then! 

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #100 of 3,124
My real test will be using Alien tonight in the dark! 
eek.gif

But if you want a handy tip, a little bit of finger nail on your thumb helps for navigating, use the edge to navigate instead of a full thumb print, I gather that's where people were slipping up a little.

Soon to be included with the Alien! In three colours!

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #103 of 3,124
This thread... :d
Does anyone have any kind of idea how this compares to the Hippo Biscuit?

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #104 of 3,124
Imagine if it sounds better than fiio toys like X5/X3 :ph34r: thats what this thread witnessed so far.....:rolleyes: hope iBassos will be in the ring too if not ak120/240....:wink:

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #105 of 3,124
  This thread... :d
Does anyone have any kind of idea how this compares to the Hippo Biscuit?

LOL. Sorry - I haven't tried it

I had a chance to test another Alien yesterday for hiss with A83s and I hear hiss on both units so I think I must just be particularly sensitive to hiss. The good news is that it disappears once music is playing and is essentially non-existent with 'phones of slightly higher impedance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back