A little about the Shozy Alien
Nov 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #16 of 3,124
OK, so the playback issue is fixed - not sure what went wrong before, but it just played for a couple of hours straight including moving from one folder to the next automatically at the end of each album.

I'll give it some more burn-in time before commenting on the hiss

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 3,124

There's mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which IEMs / headphone are you using with your Alien? That's good food for thought about the DX90 statement (which I have heard)

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #24 of 3,124
Mainly my IEMs (SD2 and IE800). You may need amping if you use higher impedance cans. But that already defeats the purpose of portability for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally agree, low impedance IEM is the flavour here. Do you hear any hiss with the IE800?

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #26 of 3,124
Totally black.

So they're 16ohms and dynamic, one member is experiencing hiss with 11ohm Fidue A83 (Loquah) that's the exact same IEM I had planned to use once mine arrives. But we're also dealing with a hybrid, the balanced armatures and 11ohm impedance may not be playing nicely with Mr Alien.

You're making me keen to get mine though, in total nOOb cake fashion I will say....

I HAVE MY MICRO SD CARD READY!! 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #27 of 3,124
So they're 16ohms and dynamic, one member is experiencing hiss with 11ohm Fidue A83 (Loquah) that's the exact same IEM I had planned to use once mine arrives. But we're also dealing with a hybrid, the balanced armatures and 11ohm impedance may not be playing nicely with Mr Alien.

You're making me keen to get mine though, in total nOOb cake fashion I will say....

I HAVE MY MICRO SD CARD READY!! :tongue_smile:

You could be right about the A83. I can feel your excitement though. Do let us know when you get yours. :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #28 of 3,124
Arrrgh! I left my micro SD card at home so I have a useless Alien today :frowning2:

To answer the question about the Alien vs a phone, there is no phone on the planet that can sound even close to as good as this (even with hiss, but better if you can find the right ear/headphones to avoid that)

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #29 of 3,124
What happens in this situation.

I have a folder except inside that folder (one album) there's CD-1 and CD-2.

What's the run down on how Alien with deal with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back