A Headphone Story
Mar 14, 2004 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Orpheus

Headphoneus Supremus
currently, my GF and her friend live at my house. but 2 months ago, an opportunity arose that would never again happen again...
frown.gif
(and yes, it does have to do with headphones.... but you're gonna have to read 'till the end.)

my GF's really quite the jealous type. unless she has personally interacted with any female friends i might have, she would automatically assume the worst. she's getting better, but is still a pain the ass. so, for the 3 years i've been with her, my social life slowly dissappeared--at this point, i have to beg to do anything, even with fellow men.

but 2 months ago, she told me the day before she decided to stay at her parent's place for the night, for one reason or the other. so, i told her, while she's gone, i would have some fun with an old friend, and she said okay!
wink.gif
....and, at the time, my other roommate did not move in yet.... so, i was free for the night!

...but alas, i lied. i would not be going out with the friend i told her... i was to meet............ a girl! She's a good friend. But she was gonna bring her other friend, a really pretty girl (i've seen pictures) that i've been wanting to meet for the longest time. really gorgeous. ...the type that you see in those asian music videos........

and so, the day came around, and i tried calling the girl to verify we're set for the evening. you see, she wasn't totally sure her friend could make it..... so i really needed to verify before hand. but i couldn't reach her!... she never picked up. but anyway, i planned for this day, so i figured i'd still prepare, assuming my friend would come through.

so, around 5:00 or so (expecting to go out around 7:00) i took a shower and picked out the clothes and stuff--nice cord's from hilfger and a black silk shirt from structure. ...wanted to look nice.

then i went back downstairs to my studio, and sat down to do some computer stuff.... and i sat there until 9:00!!!

........man, i realized it ain't gonna happen. 9:00.... i felt really down. i looked forward to meeting this girl since forever.

gosh, i felt terrible.

....so, i turned on my 300b tube amp, put on the AKG K1000's.... and blasted some music louder than i normally would ever listen to. strangely, i think it was pink floyd.... guess i didn't really feel violent or anything.... just kinda really dissappointed. yeah, i was mad at my friend who was supposed to set this up....... but not enough to play no NIN i guess.

...well,... okay, i felt sad enough that i almost wanted to cry! heh he.... sheesh.

alright.... so, listened, FULL BLAST, 'till midnight, then i went to bed.

.....................for the next three days i called my friend constantly to see what happened..................... argghhhhhh......

i finally reach her 4 days later... i thought she did something cruel (which was another story)..................she finally picked up the phone.

so this is what she told me.......

the last 3 or so days she was in San Francisco or somewhere for a conference... i forgot. doesn't matter. she flew somewhere far away. she didn't pick up cause i guess i called during conference times, and she was busy afterwards....

so, i'm like okay....... AND??? what about our night together?

.................that night, at 8:00 or so, she came, along with 4-5 of her girl friends. they came all dressed out in their HOTTEST outfits... they were late because they spent the previous 1-2 hours checking out video equipment!!!--from the pretty girl's video studio where she works! like $20,000 worth of cameras and tapes and mics! and they were dressed up to do a video of me!!!!! a film just about 5 girls and me!!!!!!.... and the pretty girl was to edit it later in the studio (she did the edits for one of the 9/11 short pieces too!).....

...now, think the potential............... my own combination of Girls Gone Wild and Doggystyle!
tongue.gif
5 chicks dressed in their best.... with cameras pointing at my door, banging! yup, my friend said they banged on the door for 10 minutes!!!!!!! till they said to heck with it and finally left.

you see, i had the music so loud, i didn't even hear them kicking down my door!!!

man.... i can totally picture how silly it must have looked to neighbors. ....... like one of those new reality tv show's film crew doing their thing.....

so, when i heard, i BASHED MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL FRICKIN 50 TIMES, till i was bloodier than The Man in Passion of the Christ!!!

they wanted to surprise me to cheer me up, my friend said. dang i laughed.

....................................my headphones ruined my once in a lifetime opportunity.

the cameras needed to be returned by midnight.

the pretty girl has since went back to her home town 400miles away.

and since then, i have not seen any of my friend's girlfriends again.
frown.gif

yes, all true. i write today cause i just talked with my friend. i had to share. headphones are evil.

headphones are EVIL.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2004 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 30
Damn! too bad Orpheus
wink.gif

Hey don't listen to your phone while you are waiting girls, you know they are always late
tongue.gif

Put a doorbell connected to your basement studio with a big red light warning too. ( with a switch that you can turn off the bell ).
If you're recording stuff, turn off the bell, and if you're listening to phones ya will still see the light!...and the girls.

Mar 14, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 30
ed, you know.... i was PISSED. normally i don't listen too loud, but that day was different.....
frown.gif

PD, don't you scare me like that!...
wink.gif
though even if she did come to surprise me too (i wouldn't be surprised with my luck).... i think if she saw that scene, she would have though it was for TV too. just imagine how strange it would have been cameras and 5 hot chicks banging down a door..... too strange

master, ...heh he, that's not a bad idea. actually, this kind of thing has happened before.... i've missed phone calls and door knocks (package deliveries) because of playing too loud music. but actually, the studio's not in the basement. you can actually walk from the front door to the room in 20ft or so. there are no doors. only the tracking room? (is that what they call it?--or do i have it backwards?) has a door. so, i must have been REALLY blasting it if i didn't hear all that ruckus!

but that's the story of my life i tell you.... my life is just a bunch of "could have beens."
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 30
Hopefully your GF doesn't read this thread. You sure you don't want to delete it?
eek.gif

That must be a pretty high volume if you didn't hear anything through your K1000s.

Take care whipped man
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 30
Ouch. That's all I have to say. You might want to get a really really loud doorbell and hook it up to some sort of flashing light next time...

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Take care whipped man

..................i'm a sad sad sad person.
frown.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

You might want to get a really really loud doorbell and hook it up to some sort of flashing light next time...

you know, there's a set of chimes inside the house that gets struck when the doorbell button is pushed. doesn't get louder than that. ................but you know, i actually did "feel" something that night... cause they were really banging hard....... but the thing is, there are lots of critters around, and they make noises on the roof and stuff, so i've learned to ignore small sounds. ......man.......

Quote:

Hopefully your GF doesn't read this thread. You sure you don't want to delete it?

i thought about that when i posted this. but she really doesn't like this forum (wonder why?
wink.gif
) and i doubt she would ever come here. but just in case, on her computer i deleted the cookie with my login for this site, so she can't accidentally get into my control panel. and i don't let her use my computers downstairs.

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 30
Well, from a moral standpoint, weren't the headphones good--in that they prevented temptation by another woman, seeing as you are connected with someone and all
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Well, from a moral standpoint, weren't the headphones good--in that they prevented temptation by another woman, seeing as you are connected with someone and all

heh he......
wink.gif
but actually.... i really didn't intend to go any farther than having some fun that night. you know, just party a bit. i am absolutely loyal to my GF. really. it's a long story... but let's just say i've proven my undying loyalty on many occasions. i have never cheated on her, and i never will. but you know, sometimes it's nice to get out a bit. i love her very much. i cannot imagine not having her in my life. we've been together for 3.5 years. ....but again, just need to see some other faces once in a while.

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #11 of 30
dude that blows ass, its one in a lifetime time thing. sound like what happened to my friend, he almost had a chance with two chicks, but his mom got him and didnt let him off the house.

but seriously, i cant live with a women who impair my social life and forbid me to go places.

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 30
Feel sorry for you, guess you really missed a fun night. But I can't believe they didn't call you after banging on your door for 10 min. or to tell you that they are coming late. Unless you missed your phone calls too with your headphones blasting.

Well cheer up, at least you got a girlfriend now. This is really one interesting memory though, thanks for sharing.

Perhaps you can sent that hot chick your falling to dream CD and strike up a fun conversation. Especially when she is working in a video studio, she must have some interesting stuff to say.

Mar 14, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #13 of 30
That's both the saddest, and the funniest story I've ever heard. You were so close to a night most of us only read about!!!! I guess the universe was working on your GF's behalf instead. Oh well. Maybe next time...
very_evil_smiley.gif
?

Mar 14, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

its one in a lifetime time thing

frown.gif

Quote:

But I can't believe they didn't call you after banging on your door for 10 min

you know what..... that's what i was saying!!! why didn't they frickin call!? as it turns out, they were standing outside the door, and my friends begged the other girls to call. and for some reason, which i have yet to understand, they did not want to call. and i guess in the end they were too pissed, so they didn't bother afterwards. i think i was too pissed to call either... though i think eventually i did call late that night and no one picked up. to this day, i still don't understand why they didn't call when they were outside. i would have known cause the phone is right in front of my face, and it glows when there's a call.......

Quote:

That's both the saddest, and the funniest story I've ever heard.

you know, when i finally did reach my friend, and she told me what happened, i laughed so hard............. and i almost cried. you're exactly right... the SADDEST and FUNNIEST thing to have happened to me in a long time.

Mar 14, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 30
What just happened? You're so specific reguarding the friend who's friend's friends friends' friends who came over.

Also, can't you use SENTENCES? It annoys me so much when people put "..." between two sentences when a period and a capital latter would do fine!

Can anyone translate the above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back