A free parametric equalizer for Windows Vista, 7, and 8 that doesn't need ASIO or VST, it works inline at the OS level
Feb 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 172
if you really want a fine eq curve, and you're savvy with eq, i highly recommend looking into the accudio app.
i got it a while back, and was able to use their before and after photo to perfectly recreate their curve within the app on its parametric equalizer and then replicate it on all my other eq's

here is a thread i made about it.   -  The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.

If i ever get this working i am definitely going to use the curve i copied from that app.. its by far the best i've ever used, and i've been fiddling for a Loooooooong time trying to get it right on my own.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 172
Quote:
if you really want a fine eq curve, and you're savvy with eq, i highly recommend looking into the accudio app.
i got it a while back, and was able to use their before and after photo to perfectly recreate their curve within the app on its parametric equalizer and then replicate it on all my other eq's

here is a thread i made about it.   -  The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.

If i ever get this working i am definitely going to use the curve i copied from that app.. its by far the best i've ever used, and i've been fiddling for a Loooooooong time trying to get it right on my own.

Cool app. I ended up buying to replace the parametric EQ app I was using on my 3gs because it seems to be faster and of course the profiles. On the down side, the only cans I have that it supports are the 880's and Grado SR60i. It has the K701 but not the Q701 which has a different curve to it.

On the 880's it removes some of their sparkle which while not accurate, sure made songs sound great. Even when I EQ the 880's I tend to add a little bass and touch nothing else. It is definitely reference with their curve though.

As far as re-creating it with the windows filter I linked to, it should be doable thanks in part to the fact that accudio show the before and after curves.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 172
i've still had no luck with the o2/odac and win7 64 

contacted "insert you know who's name here" a couple times but he never responded.  Major bummer.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #22 of 172
Maybe this is what I was looking for. I've just read the first post, but would like to ask: does it work also with an external dac connected via usb?

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #23 of 172
Quote:
Maybe this is what I was looking for. I've just read the first post, but would like to ask: does it work also with an external dac connected via usb?

It should, that's how I'm using it. :) Works with my Audioengine D1 USB DAC and my Line 6 UX2 guitarport which is also USB. As long as the sound card has an "enhancements" tab under the windows sound properties, it should work.

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #24 of 172
do you need to do something with the enhancements tab?

i still cant figure out why it wont work for me... any suggestions are very welcome.

I'm pretty darn good with computers, i should be able to figure this out. 
blink.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #25 of 172

i still cant figure out why it wont work for me... any suggestions are very welcome.

blink.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #26 of 172
Quote:

blink.gif

Hah and you posted twice when you said that noob. :wink: I'm just kidding (about the noob part).

It took me a few minutes to figure it out too, I went to the enhancements tab and didn't see anything there and I was like what? I had to read the help file where I found that you 'interface' with the plugin by editing a couple of text files in the installation directory, one sets the volume in -db and points to the EQ file you wish to use, the other is the actual EQ file with the filter settings.

One easy way to test if it's working is to edit the C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config\config.txt file and change the -8 or whatever it defaults to to something like -20, hit save and you should IMMEDIATELY hear the volume drop. If you do it means it's working. Proceed to editing the example.txt to set up your EQ settings and again, the instant you hit save, it should take effect.

These are the the files I ended up setting up.

Config.txt reads as follows

#Preamp: -8 dB
#Include: LS201.txt
#Include: DT880.txt
Include: DT990.txt
#Include: Q701.txt
#Include: HD419.txt

And I don't use example.txt anymore, I made separate .txt files for each headphone. When I want to switch headphones I just remove a # from one and paste it in front of the one I was using so that only 1 profile is active.

Here is my profile for the DT990.txt

Filter Settings file

Room EQ V5.01
Dated: 29.02.2012 20:04:50

Notes:DT990 Equal Loudness q of 2.8 is 1/2 octave  q of 1 is 1 1/3 octave

Equaliser: Generic
No measurement
Filter  1: OFF PK       Fc    20.0 Hz  Gain   4.0 dB  Q  1.00
Filter  2: OFF PK       Fc    30.0 Hz  Gain   3.0 dB  Q  2.00
Filter  3: OFF PK       Fc    40.0 Hz  Gain   3.0 dB  Q  2.00   
Filter  4: OFF PK       Fc    50.0 Hz  Gain   3.0 dB  Q  2.76   
Filter  5: OFF PK       Fc    60.0 Hz  Gain   4.0 dB  Q  4.00   
Filter  6: ON  PK       Fc    100.0 Hz  Gain   -2.0 dB  Q  4.00   
Filter  7: OFF PK       Fc    3000.0 Hz  Gain   2.7 dB  Q  2.89  
Filter  8: ON  PK       Fc    3400.0 Hz  Gain   -3 dB  Q  2.00  
Filter  9: OFF PK       Fc    5904.0 Hz  Gain   -2.0 dB  Q  10.00   
Filter 10: OFF PK       Fc    6000.0 Hz  Gain   0.0 dB  Q  10.00   
Filter 11: OFF PK       Fc    7000.0 Hz  Gain   -3.0 dB  Q  5.00   
Filter 12: OFF PK       Fc    8000.0 Hz  Gain   -2.0 dB  Q  6.00    
Filter 13: OFF PK       Fc    9000.0 Hz  Gain   -2.0 dB  Q  6.00
Filter 14: ON  PK       Fc    10430.0 Hz  Gain  -3.0 dB  Q  8.00   
Filter 15: OFF PK       Fc    11000.0 Hz  Gain   2.2 dB  Q  4.32   
Filter 16: ON  PK       Fc    6252.0 Hz  Gain   -3.0 dB  Q  10.00   
Filter 17: ON  PK       Fc    5586.0 Hz  Gain   -3.0 dB  Q  5   
Filter 18: ON  PK       Fc    7236.0 Hz  Gain   -4.0 dB  Q  5.00   
Filter 19: OFF  PK       Fc    8997.0 Hz  Gain   8.0 dB  Q  7
Filter 20: OFF None   

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 172
This person who made this software really needs a medal or something. :) Of course would be convenient with a GUI but maybe that comes in the future, EQing in a txt file feels so odd. :p But yea maybe in the future, if not him, some1 else maybe makes one.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 172
This person who made this software really needs a medal or something. :) Of course would be convenient with a GUI but maybe that comes in the future, EQing in a txt file feels so odd. :p But yea maybe in the future, if not him, some1 else maybe makes one.

Not exactly a medal, but you can thumb-up the project.
You can try donating too, but I couldn't find a working link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back