A free parametric equalizer for Windows Vista, 7, and 8 that doesn't need ASIO or VST, it works inline at the OS level
Jul 31, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #167 of 172
Anyone know if there is a way to make a config that compresses the audio so that it limits the dynamic range? I already have this working really well and have different config's for different audio devices that I have, but Id like the set up a night mode config for my floorstanding speakers.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #168 of 172
Greetings from Finland! Tried APO on my kitchen setup (Win 10 + Cambridge Audio DACMAguc Plus + Behringer active monitors) and works beautifully. Thanks for the tip!

But can you help me with this one: when enabling APO on the DAC Magic audio output and listening to Tidal desktop app or VLC media player I get a buzzing sound when switching songs. Like a door buzzer for a half a second or so. It only seems when I jump to next song in mid-song, not when the song ends and next one starts. So this is not really a problem, just curious. Any advice?

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #169 of 172
Once in a while along comes a head-fi'er and solves your problem you didn't even know existed :)  Many thanks.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #170 of 172
If you are in a helping mood, I've got a question about equalization: 
These are the FR graphs of my new headphones (Focal Elear) The dotted line is with the stock earpads, the other is with the earpads of a different HP from the same company. They do not yet sell the pads separately so my only chance to get rid of that dip at 4KHz is equalization. 
I'm supposing that there should be a method. Or should I just go and play with frequencies around 4 KHz until it sounds OK to me?

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #171 of 172
You pretty much know where you want to center as far as EQ'ing the dip.  The amount (db) and the range of EQ applied (Q factor) are what you probably will be experimenting with.  Here's a link to some charts and the relationship of bandwidth to Q factor.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-bandwidth.htm

Bern

Are you using the Peace GUI along with EqualizerAPO?  Much easier to change settings imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back