A Disturbing Behind-the-Gender Leer at DAPs
Sep 11, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
This language barrier was brought to you courtesy of the Parks Department of Slightly Larger New York.

For some reason a lightbulb went off in my head... I couldn't have said it better myself :-D

Sep 11, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I had no problem dressing up dolls. Except I called them "Robots." Don't kid yourselves - when you played with Transformers, it's a very similar experience to playing with dolls.

TF!!, I've played with barbies before, I don't care. I have an older sister, duh, why does it matter?

Umm...why would you want to cover your beauty anyway? I always use mine bare, but store them clothed.

Sep 11, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 47
You people are plain crazy!
600smile.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #19 of 47
hahahaha, scrypt... you're freaken awesome.
I wouldn't have gone as far as throwing the thing away, but dang, that was a good laugh.

Personally, DAPs arn't my thing...

I do not play with... action figures... or dolls... no. I have fun with guns.
I love sleeping with them; their sleek figure, smooth exterior shells, and rough areas all in the right places. Much easier to cuddle up with in bed as opposed to a DAP which tends to get lost in the abyss of your blanket and bed. After all, even the massive Zen player will have trouble rubbing towards you as opposed to the rather petite mp5, which can provide a large area of affectionate caressing.

I tend to have certain things I do with them too... dress them up, put little accessories on them... pierce various parts of their body to allow for more accessories... pad them, so they're softer to touch. Ah, the sweet memory!
All of rail mounts, RIS grips, red dots, and cheek pads. Even the wonderous "butt pad" works wonders of its own. Before use, lubrication is always lovingly applied to my favored friend, and the magazine loaded to the brim. The gear strapped tight to my body, the vests closed in filled with it's necessities, every thing of possible need made within easy reach. It makes a girl jealous that she only has the less tactically advantageous article called a purse.

Each pull of the trigger I feel it respond with a minute push, a little rub of affection. A scope zeroed, the stock extended, the safety disabled, the flashhider, removed. The magazine pulled out from the well when expended, and thrusted back in for more. My gun and I are One.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #21 of 47
This thread is absolutely insane.

Sep 12, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 47
You people are definitely insane. What's so wrong about accessorizing your DAP/PDA/cell phone/what-have-you? I personally can't wait to get my solid aluminum PDA case. But then, perhaps since it's raw, unpainted metal, it's manly somehow. Yeah.

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #25 of 47
Funny thread. Im currently listening to my ipod (first gen, which makes it a little more manly
wink.gif
) and wearing a tight collared shirt which is orange. Since orange is the new pink, I guess it makes me a cross dresser. Damn you all, you have finally cought on that men want to be women (sometimes).

PS: Did I mention that Im listening to Bjorks Medelu? Dont worry, its not so bad because its a 320kbs encoding (Im more of a man for knowing that) and Im listening to it through my Grado's (although this one is a toss up since the guy one Queer Eye might call them retro cool, watch out now!).

Godspeed!

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #27 of 47
I was just about to proudly proclaim my complete innocence when i suddenly remembered my obscene affection of a pair of sublime vintage sneakers i recently discovered on a trip to Italy. These white goddesses - worn by Beatrix Kiddo as she frolicked with the equally legendary Hattori Hanzo - seem to exude a deceptively sexual glow, the seemingly deceptive part of which is instantly exchanged with a sence of complete belief as one inserts one's feet in their firm hold,.

Alas, the shoes seemed to lose some of their majesty along with their cleanliness during a recent night on the town. I shall try restoring them to their original glory by caressing them with a damp cloth.

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #29 of 47
I just bought a Piel Frama case for my mp3 player.

Does this count?

I would not exactly call the archos av320 'an alabaster-skinned lady-friendly DAP' and I'm pretty sure that the spanish leather case from Piel Frama breaks the 'little outifit' barrier... but I'm not sure.
confused.gif

[Hilarious thread by the way
icon10.gif
]

Oct 21, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 47
I like this thread :p. I'm of those guys who doesn't dress up my dap or look for a cute little amp to go with them. Used to carry around a d-25/ratshack bank/sr-325 w/ yellows everwhere. Now, I just keep my "tape player" in my pocket when in use or leave it lying around somewhere in my room. I don't baby it, and it's still in pristine condition. It just plays music for me, period. It ain't my girlfriend.

I'm definitely not a metrosexual, but I do like to dress decent, which usually just results in jeans, a t-shirt, and a beat-up leather jacket (all of which are 2-3 yrs old). I went to a wedding reception in green khakis and a jacket, looking like I just got outta bed. I've never had a woman complain about my appearance (except for my uncontrollable hair, but some girls LOVE running their hands through it). Or say I look like a female. And that's comforting, since so many of my fellow asians are nearly indistinguishable (appearance, character, and voice) from 12-yr old girls. And they're proud of that. Freaky.

Also, I do have a a small stuffed turtle, it just chills in my room. And no, it does not have a name.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back