A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #511 of 856
Quote:

Hey zardak, you know what's hilarious?!?!  You seemed to think the ATH-M50 was just fine a few weeks ago when you were trying to sell yours (as shown in the posts below):

Please let us know if you intend to do that so we may make you a Member of the Trade.  Thanks!

This is the most smile-inducing set of posts I've read in a long time on here. Zardak, please keep them coming - we're not laughing at you, I swear. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #512 of 856
Quote:
This is the most smile-inducing set of posts I've read in a long time on here. Zardak, please keep them coming - we're not laughing at you, I swear. 

You'd BETTER not be laughing at him. Do you want him to label you as one of those

...toffee-nosed self-proclaimed experts in here...

who have the audacity to disagree with him and force him to confront the fickleness of his opinions?

I didn't think so. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #513 of 856
Save it guys, i have listened carefully to the Sennheiser HD-800 and the Grado PS 1000, yawn; you guys are in bondage to the misnomer that "You get what you pay for" LOL. I actually feel sorry for you all. Don't you people realize.
My headphone store Audiophile agent will laugh in your face if you talk to him about measurements. So tell me this... Why is the Sennheiser HD600 and 680 for example tack flat on a graph and yet they sound dark and dingy, lack bass extension, and have skewed highs and a muffled midrange?

And for the record, my Shure SHR-550 DJ sounds like vomit next to my new sub $100 headphone, as does the Audio Technica M-50, as does the the whole Sennhesier range. The truth is that Sennheiser can't manufacture headphones to save themselves. Why do so many people laud the Sennheiser HD 280, what a piece of garbage, i've listened to it many times, this world needs to get a reality check.

Come with me and do the listening test side by side with the Abyss headphone and my sub $100 headphone, then dare to talk to me about measurement tests. I know it sounds hard to believe but the listening tests have proved it, there is a dark art to designing headphones, and i dare say that clearly a lot of the end result in any headphone is by pure accident, computer designed headphones clearly do not have the answer. You tell me.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #514 of 856

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #515 of 856
Quote:
My headphone store Audiophile agent will laugh in your face if you talk to him about measurements.

Is he like a secret agent, only he works retail? PERFECT COVER!

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #516 of 856
Quote:
Is he like a secret agent, only he works retail? PERFECT COVER!

Hiding in plain sight, it seems.

Seeing as they apparently have some kind of secret* undercover operation going on here, something like this might happen:

"Zardak, this is agent Audiophile. They're on to us, in order to keep our cover I'm gonna have to move to another mysterious hi-fi shop and you're going to have to select another different headphone to be the best in the world. I know we keep doing this, but it'll all be over soon. We'll show them. WE'LL SHOW THEM ALL!"

*I never thought this would happen, but I'm getting to reference Dennis Miller not once but twice in this thread. He once joked that the best way to keep an operation secret is to tell the world all about how it works. Bless him, he's almost a match for some of the comedians here on Head-Fi.

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #517 of 856
LOL! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #518 of 856
Ah, zardak, you make us laugh, you do. Don't ever change. 
smile.gif

Tell you what, though. Seeing as how you're planning on taking over the world (or selling headphones, or, something), why not start a thread of your own to strike up conversation about whatever it is you like this second, and then we can join you there and you can lecture us about how we don't know anything and we're all blah, blah, blah. That way we can all obtain the mutual enjoyment we seem to get out of these encounters, we won't have to search all over Head-Fi to find old posts of yours that contradict the new ones, and we'll avoid the possibility (however remote) that somebody genuinely looking for information might stumble across one of your posts in a legitimate setting and make a purchase decision based on it.

And, if nothing else, the poor people who just came here to discuss the M50 won't have to detour around our amusing little spectacle.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #519 of 856
It certainly is a spectacle because you haven't got a foot to stand on in this case.

Problem is you think you know, you may simply need to get off that pretentious high-horse and come down and take a closer look at what i am saying, oh no, maybe not, because your using a custom designed tube headphone amp, right? How can the FiiO E12 possibly match that... LOL.

Let me introduce you to a saying that you probably haven't heard before "He who thinks he knows, doesn't know as he ought to know" I have the proof right in front of me, (seek and ye shall find) and you simply have an empty pocket and a headphone that still isn't delivering the goods.

Hate to burst your bubble, but all the 'pretentious' headphone claims you spout about all well regarded headphones are just hot-air, plain and simple. I have the Holy grail, simple as that, so grab yourself a FiiO E12 and start searching through all the sub $100 headphones out there and eventually you'll find it, but who knows, your're an audiophile right, you may just be unappeasable? But my local audiophile who breaths eats and sh_ts and sleeps headphones hasn't got a clue has he, even though he has all the TOTL Sennheiser and Grado and Beyerdynamic headphones on show for audition and every other high-end esoteric brand you can think of, but hey, he might just be pretty damn reputable and know his stuff if the Abyss headphone manufacturer trusts him as the only store outside of America to stock the best headphone in the world; actually, try some KRK headphones, they're reasonably cheap, and i can tell you PRETTY DAMN GOOD, in the interest of goodwill i can share that much with you about an alternative brand, but i'm keeping my little secret to myself. But nah you say, my ears are probably just a lump or plasticine glued on the side of my head, even though i'm a mastering engineer and a music producer.

Every headphone i have ever used to mix and produce music on, never gets the mix sounding right, the mix always has to be adjusted to conform to the Mackie HR824 mkII monitor speakers to get it sounding right, but after my hearing contest against the Abyss headphone i just confirmed what my ears heard, the mix comes out sounding perfect on the Mackie monitors after mixing it on my sub $100 headphone, no small feat i assure you, confirmation plus... yibidy yibida, that's all folks.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #520 of 856
Quote:
It certainly is a spectacle because you haven't got a foot to stand on in this case.

Problem is you think you know, you may simply need to get off that pretentious high-horse and come down and take a closer look at what i am saying, oh no, maybe not, because your using a custom designed tube headphone amp, right? How can the FiiO E12 possibly match that... LOL.

Let me introduce you to a saying that you probably haven't heard before "He who thinks he knows, doesn't know as he ought to know" I have the proof right in front of me, (seek and ye shall find) and you simply have an empty pocket and a headphone that still isn't delivering the goods. Hate to burst your bubble, but all the 'pretentious' headphone claims you spout about well regarded headphones are just hot-air, plain and simple. I have the Holy grail and you don't, simple as that. So grab yourself a FiiO E12 and start searching through all the sub $100 headphones out there and eventually you'll find it, but who knows, your're an audiophile right, you may just be unappeasable? But my local audiophile who breaths eats and ****s and sleeps headphones hasn't got a clue has he, even though he has all the TOTL Sennheiser and Grado and Beyerdynamic headphones on show for audition and every other esoteric brand you can think of; actually, try some KRK headphones, their reasonably cheap and i can tell you PRETTY DAMN GOOD, but not quite as good as mine, but still damn good, in the interest of goodwill i can share that much with you. But nah you say, my ears are just a lump or artificial plasticine clued on the side of my head aren't they, even though i'm a mastering engineer and a music producer.

Every other headphone i have used to mix and produce music on, never gets the mix sounding right, the mix always has to me adjusted to conform to my Mackie HR824 mkII monitor speakers to get it sounding right, but after my hearing contest against the Abyss headphone i just confirmed what my ears heard, the mix comes out sounding perfect on the Mackie monitors after mixing it on my sub $100 headphone, no small feat i assure you, confirmation plus... yibidy yibida, that's all folks.

Never go full retard. Never.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #521 of 856
Context dear Watson, context.
popcorn.gif
 Don't be bitter angry and envious now, such things are the works of the flesh, and the works of the flesh are manifest. "And being filled with envy, they set-about to destroy him, for they couldn't handle the truth." You might need to type "Define Amiable" into Google and consider the definition. The world is already full of hatred, we don't need more over such a relatively minor thing do we?

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #522 of 856

I don't believe that phrase means what you think it means. You've not provided anything but hot air.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #523 of 856
Hey zardak, seems like there are more than a few people interested in this conversation.  In the interests of not derailing this thread to far for too long, you might want to start a new thread and we can all jump over there.  Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #525 of 856
The fact that this thread was already 34 pages long before i entered, probably shows that the thread was due for a change of topic anyway, no harm done.

I don't believe you understand how threads work, they're about the topic in the subject line. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back