A "budget" IEM for ipod touch
Mar 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

byrdparis

Member of the Trade: Byrdio Audio
hi .

I just bought a brand new ipod touch and
Im thinking to buy for myself some IEM .. (for the first time in my life)
confused.gif

to go along with the "touch" .

its safe to say that I know NOTHING in that direction because I was dealing all my life with "full cans" only .

I was thinking to spend some of 150$ -200$ tops!
Would you like to help ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for advance
A

Mar 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 18
If you want something reasonably good sounding and comfortable, the Denon AH-C700 and JVC's new HA-FX300 are also good choices, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Wow..."budget" and $150. Not my definition.

Here I was going to suggest some JVC Marshmallows ($20 or less) with replacement tips ($10).

That's my kind of budget !!!!!
Steve

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 18
otherwise, saves up and get an Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10. Many head-fier praises it, there's even an appreciation thread. I heard it's one of the best universal fit IEM, and does not need an amp to sounds wonderful.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 18
might i say atrio m5 or if the denon c700 or hp-fx500? all are int eh 150-200 range and sound very good. the atrio are maybe the least hifi out of the bunch, more focused on a natural monitoring sound while the others will do their best to be fun like other very coloured phones for musicality

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$150 - $200 isn't what most people would consider "budget"..
smily_headphones1.gif

I would go for SF5 Pro if you want great bass or the ER4 if you want wonderful mids and treble.

I haven't heard them with the es cable, but the super fi 5 pros + es cable is supposed to be much better than stock. The es cable is like $30 so the total will run you $200, but the super fi's themselves are really good stock, so it's not a necesity.

Mar 30, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 18
thanks you guys alot .

for me a 150-200$ is still a budget after all the hi end stuff that i got
over the years.
so ..may be i missed here with the word budget ..

so i see alot of you sugests the fi5 pro ,
i saw at the fs forum someone post two units of a fi5 but not the pro ,
i saw that the model out there in the fs foru, got some bss extended ..

what is the difrance between them if you dare to say ?

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
might i say atrio m5 or if the denon c700 or hp-fx500? all are int eh 150-200 range and sound very good. the atrio are maybe the least hifi out of the bunch, more focused on a natural monitoring sound while the others will do their best to be fun like other very coloured phones for musicality

huh? If the Atrio is "more focused on a natural monitoring sound", wouldn't that mean they are the most hi-fidelity out of the bunch?

Other than that, I agree with your recommendations.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #13 of 18
i mean they are not mid-bumped like many other iems or high oriented. they have a deep but very natural bass, and not overflexed mids. that is what i mean. but with that, they are not considered i suppose by what you mean 'hi fidelity' though they are.

their origins are monitors but not in the vein of um2 for overblown mids that people find sweet - natural is only meaning they are not meant to make you feel better about your music.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 18
ER-4S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back