AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 8, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #2,536 of 3,709
Auroras have great synergy with E1DA 9038D6K and this EQ
This is my EQ (trying to replicate the Neon Pro profile in some way), in case it is of interest to you:

Peak / 120 Hz / +0.8 dB / Q 3
Peak / 180 Hz / +0.4 dB / Q 3
LowShelf / 280 Hz / +1 dB / Q 0.7
LowShelf / 2000 Hz / -1 dB / Q 0.7
HighShelf / 5000 Hz / +1 dB / Q 0.7
HighShelf / 10000 Hz / +1 dB / Q 0.7

A mid bass punch, reducing the mids a bit, and a punch of treble. This EQ is great for rock, progressive, metal, and fast music genres in general.

Bass becomes satisfying and overall sound more energetic.

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #2,537 of 3,709
Made a deal with @Erkil and what a deal it was! First days with this beast have left me flabbergasted 😊

1000010938.jpg

Lots more to come, including a 5-way battle of the titans:

Neon Pro vs Aurora vs Aure vs Butastur vs IE600

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #2,539 of 3,709
What's the cable here? it looks very comfy.
It's the stock 4.4 SPC that comes with 3D NPs. Definitely ergonomic and good looking.

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #2,540 of 3,709
What's the cable here? it looks very comfy.
AüR Audio's one's don't specifically say as they probably get them direct from the manufacturer, but I know these cables as the NiceHCK Jialai. I've been using them for a while as they are one my favorite cables and they are available in a few colors besides blue.
Yes, they are very comfy and surprisingly not microphonic despite being a cloth wrapped cable.

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #2,541 of 3,709
While there's been chat of the EoH being an excellent flagship tier upgrade cable, the Athena and Ariana shouldn't be overlooked. Just sharing some snaps of these somewhat similar cables. I haven't done enough A/B testing to tell any obvious sonic differences between the two but am not too keen on it either... I got them mainly because I think they look amazing and are reasonably priced sub $200. I do find them to generally sound "better" than the stock blue wrapped cable with a greater sense of "space and air" between layers and instruments.

Ariana 8W copper
photo_2023-12-11_22-10-38.jpg
photo_2023-12-11_22-10-43.jpg

Athena 8W copper + SPC
photo_2023-12-11_22-10-52.jpg

photo_2023-12-11_22-10-48.jpg

I've settled with an Ariana + Aurora pairing and am patiently waiting for my Ascension to pair with Athena.

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #2,542 of 3,709
Lots more to come, including a 5-way battle of the titans:

Neon Pro vs Aurora vs Aure vs Butastur vs IE600

I look forward to your thoughts about Neon Pro versus IE600.

As you may recall I recently bought the IE600 based on comments from yourself and a couple of others. I am really enjoying them and they have been my all day listen while working for the last week. I also just got an Ear Men ST-Amp and off that, and despite the crisp top end, I find them a fatigue free all day listen.

I pulled out the Neon Pro last night and had a listen for about half an hour off the ST-Amp. My immediate impression was that they are not a million miles away from the IE600 but after a few songs the differences became more apparent and they were an equally enjoyable listen just different.

Frankly I am not sure if I enjoy one over the other, I feel a bit lucky that I enjoy them both as much as I do given they were both blind buys based on comments on this very forum.

I was going to order the Butastur but decided to wait for the Ascension and now I have decided to wait for user comments on that as well.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #2,543 of 3,709
I look forward to your thoughts about Neon Pro versus IE600.

As you may recall I recently bought the IE600 based on comments from yourself and a couple of others. I am really enjoying them and they have been my all day listen while working for the last week. I also just got an Ear Men ST-Amp and off that, and despite the crisp top end, I find them a fatigue free all day listen.

I pulled out the Neon Pro last night and had a listen for about half an hour off the ST-Amp. My immediate impression was that they are not a million miles away from the IE600 but after a few songs the differences became more apparent and they were an equally enjoyable listen just different.

Frankly I am not sure if I enjoy one over the other, I feel a bit lucky that I enjoy them both as much as I do given they were both blind buys based on comments on this very forum.

I was going to order the Butastur but decided to wait for the Ascension and now I have decided to wait for user comments on that as well.
As weird as it sounds, even I am looking forward to completing my thoughts.
It's not easy to gather thoughts when I usually find time to listen to only one set a day for an hour or two at best.
Looking forward to next week!

Waiting on Ascension is a safe choice I bet 👍

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #2,544 of 3,709
I understand entirely.

I work from home and listen most days and generally all day, sometimes swapping to another set part way through the day.

Even then it takes time to understand nuances and preferences and somedays a set sounds better than I recall and other days nothing sounds good.

Today’s listening set up, Neon Pro sound fabulous off the ST-Amp.

IMG_0058.jpeg

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #2,546 of 3,709
I just returned from overseas yesterday and asked Nicholas today if I could collect from his house, the Aurora I sent for servicing earlier (for channel imbalance issue). To my pleasant surprise, he said the shipment of Ascension just arrived late last night and I could collect the Ascension together with the serviced Aurora! As Nicholas will only be sending the 1st shipment to those who have ordered Ascension on Monday, I am lucky to receive it slightly earlier. And since I get to hear it earlier, I feel obliged to give some impressions even though the iem is not fully burnt in yet.

I have to say, to those who are getting the Ascension, you are in for a treat! If you enjoy Aurora, you will definitely enjoy Ascension even more. Contrary to the earlier impression given by another Head-fier, I actually thought that the Ascension has more sub-bass and mid-bass than Aurora in terms of quantity and quality. It is consistent regardless of the different cables (stock cable, Eletech Raphael, Effect audio code 23, Penon OSG and EOH) and different DAPs I used (Ibasso DX228ex, Shanling M8 and Hiby RS8). While Ascension may not satisfy the bassheads, I personally find its bass sufficient and dynamic. On top of that, I find the mid of Ascension to be comparable to Aurora which is typical of Abel's tuning. And we all know how good Aurora's mid is. Last but no least, the treble is very detailed and extended, something we find Aurora a bit lacking in that department. To conclude, I definitely find Ascension an obvious upgrade to the Aurora. As for the cables, I find EOH a really good match for Ascension and it suits Ascension the most among the cables I own.

Congrats Abel and Nicholas, you have developed a great sounding iem at yet managed to keep it relatively affordable. Thank you! For the folks who are getting the Ascension soon, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Attachments

• 20231216_230640.jpg
    20231216_230640.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231216_230941.jpg
    20231216_230941.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #2,547 of 3,709
Great impression on Ascension, thanks! Looking forward to getting my order in at some point early next year!

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #2,548 of 3,709
I just returned from overseas yesterday and asked Nicholas today if I could collect from his house, the Aurora I sent for servicing earlier (for channel imbalance issue). To my pleasant surprise, he said the shipment of Ascension just arrived late last night and I could collect the Ascension together with the serviced Aurora! As Nicholas will only be sending the 1st shipment to those who have ordered Ascension on Monday, I am lucky to receive it slightly earlier. And since I get to hear it earlier, I feel obliged to give some impressions even though the iem is not fully burnt in yet.

I have to say, to those who are getting the Ascension, you are in for a treat! If you enjoy Aurora, you will definitely enjoy Ascension even more. Contrary to the earlier impression given by another Head-fier, I actually thought that the Ascension has more sub-bass and mid-bass than Aurora in terms of quantity and quality. It is consistent regardless of the different cables (stock cable, Eletech Raphael, Effect audio code 23, Penon OSG and EOH) and different DAPs I used (Ibasso DX228ex, Shanling M8 and Hiby RS8). While Ascension may not satisfy the bassheads, I personally find its bass sufficient and dynamic. On top of that, I find the mid of Ascension to be comparable to Aurora which is typical of Abel's tuning. And we all know how good Aurora's mid is. Last but no least, the treble is very detailed and extended, something we find Aurora a bit lacking in that department. To conclude, I definitely find Ascension an obvious upgrade to the Aurora. As for the cables, I find EOH a really good match for Ascension and it suits Ascension the most among the cables I own.

Congrats Abel and Nicholas, you have developed a great sounding iem at yet managed to keep it relatively affordable. Thank you! For the folks who are getting the Ascension soon, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
That's awesome to hear! Did he mention when that first shipment is going out? Sounds like it could be some time next week. Also has anyone seen pics of the stock cable?

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #2,549 of 3,709

Congrats @froger, sounds like another winner from AüR Audio. I have Aure, enjoy it quite a bit for it's musicality but detail retrieval and frequency extension are very good, however just short of great. If you have heard Aure are you able to compare at all? Also interested in Ascension's fit / comfort, and confirming it has a vent for the DD. Thanks, and enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #2,550 of 3,709
Congrats @froger, sounds like another winner from AüR Audio. I have Aure, enjoy it quite a bit for it's musicality but detail retrieval and frequency extension are very good, however just short of great. If you have heard Aure are you able to compare at all? Also interested in Ascension's fit / comfort, and confirming it has a vent for the DD. Thanks, and enjoy!!!
Also, on the product page nothing is listed for Impedance and Sensitivity. Is that information known?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back