AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jul 21, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #1,636 of 3,810
@Leonarfd Did you compare NP and SR8 directly? Graphs don't show everything.
The NP has more bass than SR8 even with the switches. And I believe the quality is better too.

20230623_211853.jpg

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #1,637 of 3,810
The NP has more bass than SR8 even with the switches. And I believe the quality is better too.

I think it's all a matter of taste. The 'felt' component of the bass on SR8 was a bit more visceral for me with tighter contours but the NP sounded more atmospheric but still impactful. Probably something to do with the balance between subbass and midbass quantity. For instrumental I valued SR8, for fun/electronic music I valued NP.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #1,638 of 3,810
Just a thought for anyone that might be struggling with the fit of the somewhat large shell of the Neon Pro.

For me the shells fill the outer ear fully and the nozzle is moderately long so they insert somewhat deep in the ear canal.

If I use JVC Spiral Dot tips the rather blunt full to the outer end shape of the tip combined with the firmer silicone means that the tip pushes on the side of my ear canal pushing the shell of the IEM backwards against the back of my outer ear causing discomfort. I can only where them for about an hour.

With KBEar 07 tips that are more tapered towards the outer end and use a somewhat more supple silicone the tip fits better in my ear canal, doesn’t push the shell of the IEM backwards, doesn’t cause any discomfort and I can literally wear them all day.

With the right tips they pop in like they are shaped perfectly for me and I barely know they are there, they seal perfectly and sound fantastic.

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #1,639 of 3,810
As my friend @firesign say, they show the amount of bass in each set. This is about loudness of the lowest frequency compared to the mids. Measurements is perfect for seeing how the overall tonality will be, two sets can still sound different with same graph. Then it come down to different type material used in shell or drivers and more. But loudness of bass will remain the same, only that one can appear slow the other fast etc.

NP switch off 7dB.
NP switch on 12dB.
SR8 switch on 7dB peak and and falloff to 5dB sub bass.
SR8 switch off 0dB just means it's near neutral compared to mids.

Have not tried SR8, if I get it on loan one time I will compare the two in detail.
With NP switch on the bass quantity may be more, but the SR8 just feels more DD like, probably. I already tried stock tips on NP. SR8 is vented, NP is not - could this be the difference?

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #1,640 of 3,810
With NP switch on the bass quantity may be more, but the SR8 just feels more DD like, probably. I already tried stock tips on NP. SR8 is vented, NP is not - could this be the difference?
Maybe, I get the same feel as you do with Symphonium Meteor. Bass is horrible quality and not loud, feels like bass being played far away with no authority or detail. Like really dull and soft, is it this you feel?

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,642 of 3,810
I'll gladly lend my pair to a homie once I'm finished moving and the time is right for you:)

Wouldn't mind seeing what kind of camera magic you would come up with as well
Will gladly do that later this year, I am also getting Supernova on loan later this year. Maybe a shootout between the 3.
Thanks' for doing this @doubletrobbel , I can return the favour and you can loan something at the same time :beerchug:

Jul 21, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,645 of 3,810
Hello everyone! It's too hot lately for me to fire up my tube amps. So decided to order the Neon Pro to pair up with my Sony TA-ZH1ES. Also love to try the Brise Asuha Ref 2 but cost more the NP lol. The wait is about 4 weeks and not too bad...

Jul 21, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #1,646 of 3,810
Hello everyone! It's too hot lately for me to fire up my tube amps. So decided to order the Neon Pro to pair up with my Sony TA-ZH1ES. Also love to try the Brise Asuha Ref 2 but cost more the NP lol. The wait is about 4 weeks and not too bad...
Yeah, next batch is Neon Pro and Alita.

Now it is the time!!

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,647 of 3,810
Jul 21, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #1,649 of 3,810
Bass is horrible quality and not loud, feels like bass being played far away with no authority or detail
You are talking about Meteor? Oi, take that back :dt880smile:

Jul 22, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #1,650 of 3,810
You are talking about Meteor? Oi, take that back :dt880smile:
Don't want to say to much friend. Giving it some time over the next week, to adjust also👍

So for now take it back 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back