AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jun 10, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,261 of 3,654
Bass switch on affects the mids. The NP has enough bass with the switch off. Definitely has more bass than Mest MK2, for example.
The NP mids are good if you use the bass switch on, and great if you let the bass switch off.
Second this - you are absolutely right imo. The NP has the best balance / sounds best (to my ears that is) with the bass switch off.

One nice thing about the NP is that it can be tuned to ones likings with different cables and tips quite easily as it scales well...

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,262 of 3,654
Neon Pro has the option to purchase the 4.4mm cable for additional 16SGD.

Its a blue sleeve 2-core SPC cable that comes stock on the Alita & Aurora.

20230204_143112.jpg
Beautiful cable it is 😍

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #1,263 of 3,654
My preferred tuning is with switch on, though when we talk about music it depends. A vague generalisation from me on some main genres.

Switch ON :
Electronica(most genres), Hip Hop, Rock, Metal, Japanese City Pop(makes it more lively with switch), Soul, western pop, K-pop, Reggae, Immersive gaming

Switch OFF :
Classical, Soundtracks, Jazz, Blues, J-pop, Podcasts, Country, Folk, Competive gaming

DSCF2433.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,264 of 3,654
Great to hear high praise based on another TOTL comparison.
Did you have the bass boost on or off during your listening session? I saw HBB's recent video on the Neon Pro and he had overall high praise with bass boost on, although he did say mids took a hit to trade for enjoyment.
When they arrived, they were set to ON and I've left them that way so far because I've felt the bass was perfect and not bleeding into the mids. I hear excellent mids.

I will have to try the switch to off. So far, I'm really liking them with the NiceHCK DragonScale, which is a beast of copper, silver and Graphene. Loving it thoroughly.

Jun 10, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #1,265 of 3,654
Howdy folks, is any AuR enjoyer living in Australia? Would love to swap some of my gears for an AuR for a few weeks to test the hype. I’m very curious about the NP.

Jun 11, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #1,268 of 3,654
Have NP owners had any problems with that low impedance? Do you use it balanced or single ended? I'm waiting for my pair.
Always balanced, most gear have small enough output impedance to not interfere and keep it close to the 1/8th rule. But even so there is no problem using it on some gear with higher impedance, it just might change the sound slightly.

For volume I use the Neon Pro as balanced, I believe most in here does. It is more sensitive than the average IEM, but there is no problem for me with volume or noise.
R6 III low gain 30-45%
A90 Discrete low gain 30-40%
Truthear SHIO low gain step 2-5 on android

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #1,269 of 3,654
Have NP owners had any problems with that low impedance? Do you use it balanced or single ended? I'm waiting for my pair.
Another user in balanced mode here. No problem impedance wise. Usually listen at 17-25, mid gain, on my DX320X... For comparison - Aure and Penon 10th with their DD need a tad more juice (20-28)

Jun 11, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #1,270 of 3,654
I use it with balance 4.4 cable, in my IBasso DX170 and my A&K ACRO AC1000.

If I put the AC1000 in high or plus gain, I can hear a light hiss when there isn’t music. But it’s not a good decision using high or plus gain with any IEM in CA1000, those modes are for headphones.

In low or medium gain, or low gain in the DX170, I get a black blackground.

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,271 of 3,654
I’m having another go with Neon Pro (unintentional rhyming) and actually comfort isn’t an issue tonight, even after about an hour of listening. They are doing a mighty fine job of trance by Solar Fields… I’m now on my 2nd listen of this album I enjoyed so much the first time. I think I’m smitten by these IEMs… wonderful 😬

There are so many layers of detail that you can hear with absolute precision, yet still cohesive and super engaging.

IMG_4509.jpeg

Very interested to hear where you land on the SR8 vs NP.

My gut feeling is that the NP will be on your shopping list and there will be a Scooby sale on the SR8. From memory, the NP is more dynamic in the low end and has better layering and separation. Any further observations from you on how they stack up would be great :).

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,272 of 3,654
Very interested to hear where you land on the SR8 vs NP.

My gut feeling is that the NP will be on your shopping list and there will be a Scooby sale on the SR8. From memory, the NP is more dynamic in the low end and has better layering and separation. Any further observations from you on how they stack up would be great :).
From what I read NP also has a better fit, which is important as well.

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #1,273 of 3,654
From what I read NP also has a better fit, which is important as well.

Quite the contrary for me. The NP required more tip rolling to find one to support the more aggressive concha shape of the shell. The NP felt smaller in overall size but is less universal in contour. Fit is personal though, so blanket statements surrounding fit aren't that helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back