AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 23, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,096 of 3,644
AüR Audio Neon Pro, the best IEM I have tried for metal or rock. Goes well with all genres for me, but there is something special with metal.

Late night session with Ihsahn, enjoying myself :beyersmile:
12074052.png

1684872087999.png

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,098 of 3,644
AüR Audio Neon Pro, the best IEM I have tried for metal or rock. Goes well with all genres for me, but there is something special with metal.

Late night session now with Ihsahn, enjoying myself :beyersmile:
12074052.png

1684872087999.png
What's your cable choice?

May 23, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #1,099 of 3,644
May 23, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #1,100 of 3,644
May 24, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #1,102 of 3,644
Deleted

May 24, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,103 of 3,644
Speaking of copper. Wagnus Woodland Sheep Copper Cable + Alita gives extra body, bass and warmth to an already resolving & detailed set. ❤️ to my #1

Nice look paired together, too!

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,104 of 3,644
My Alita arrived today. Only on my second album with them so early days. Initial sound impressions - wonderful, high quality, detailed, relatively spacious staging, enjoyable and engaging listen.

Other points - packaging, came in a beaten non descript brown cardboard box with the Alita inside in the hockey puck style hard case. If you are looking for a memorable unboxing experience, and I am absolutely not, then these are not the IEMs for you. I applaud Aur Audio for this approach.

Looks - love the blue cable. Shells are large but no fit issues with my small ears. Look much better in real life than the pictures suggest.

These are my most expensive iems so I can’t make any comparisons to uber expensive gear but I do have a pair of Focal Stellia and whilst the presentation is different I suspect that they can hold their own in terms of sound quality, detail, tonality and staging. I think the Stellia’s are absolutely top class so this is high praise from me.

May 25, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #1,105 of 3,644
My Alita arrived today. Only on my second album with them so early days. Initial sound impressions - wonderful, high quality, detailed, relatively spacious staging, enjoyable and engaging listen.

Other points - packaging, came in a beaten non descript brown cardboard box with the Alita inside in the hockey puck style hard case. If you are looking for a memorable unboxing experience, and I am absolutely not, then these are not the IEMs for you. I applaud Aur Audio for this approach.

Looks - love the blue cable. Shells are large but no fit issues with my small ears. Look much better in real life than the pictures suggest.

These are my most expensive iems so I can’t make any comparisons to uber expensive gear but I do have a pair of Focal Stellia and whilst the presentation is different I suspect that they can hold their own in terms of sound quality, detail, tonality and staging. I think the Stellia’s are absolutely top class so this is high praise from me.
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

May 27, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,106 of 3,644
Got asked to share this for Nicholas, since he is not on Head-Fi.
It is about the warranty of the cable sockets and tuning switch, both the tuning switch and socket are not covered by the warranty unless it has arrived broken.

It is possible to break the switch by changing it up and down too much, with normal use it should not be damaged.
Same for the cable socket, use correct cables and do not change it excessively.

1685174221584.png

May 27, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #1,107 of 3,644
Got asked to share this for Nicholas, since he is not on Head-Fi.
It is about the warranty of the cable sockets and tuning switch, both the tuning switch and socket are not covered by the warranty unless it has arrived broken.

It is possible to break the switch by changing it up and down too much, with normal use it should not be damaged.
Same for the cable socket, use correct cables and do not change it excessively.

1685174221584.png
Imagine telling a bunch of audiophiles not to cable roll "excessively" 😂

I'm looking forward to receiving my NPs soon, and expect to do a bit of cable rolling. I will keep it non-excessive, hopefully.

May 27, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #1,108 of 3,644

I'm looking forward to receiving my NPs soon, and expect to do a bit of cable rolling. I will keep it non-excessive, hopefully.
Haha I understand you, it's just a way to cover themselves due to people who do not take care 😉

My Neon Pro sockets are as good as new with good amount of cable rolling, love to find synergies or change to something different down the line.

Problem started since a customer has way to loose sockets now after just 3 weeks.

May 27, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #1,109 of 3,644

This made me chuckle. I think we're all a bit excessive here. Having said that, I see this as a reasonable warranty. If you imagine the spectrum of owners, there's most definitely a group that are heavy handed and don't take due care with their belongings.

I have cable rolled Aure and Alita a lot, especially Alita that changes dramatically with different cables, and both remain as good as new.

May 27, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,110 of 3,644

Haha I understand you, it's just a way to cover themselves due to people who do not take care 😉

My Neon Pro sockets are as good as new with good amount of cable rolling, love to find synergies or change to something different down the line.

Problem started since a customer has way to loose sockets now after just 3 weeks.

This made me chuckle. I think we're all a bit excessive here. Having said that, I see this as a reasonable warranty. If you imagine the spectrum of owners, there's most definitely a group that are heavy handed and don't take due care with their belongings.

I have cable rolled Aure and Alita a lot, especially Alita that changes dramatically with different cables, and both remain as good as new.
I'm one of those individuals who cable rolls and puts my stuff away with thr cables removed from IEMs so everytime I want to use it, id have to insert cable into IEM sockets.

Even the bigger brands dont cover, "problems from using aftermarket cables". AüR at least explains in detail.

Screenshot_20230526_231333_Chrome.jpg

This is what happend to my Moondrop after using Effect Audio cables. Moondrop nor Effect Audio honor their warranty due to "human error". It was tight and I shouldnt have used force to remove or inserted it in the first place but it is what it is.

20230227_190511.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back