AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 17, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #1,066 of 3,644
Great album 👌

In overall the Aure is good with most music for me, I do listen to quite much jazz. At first I thought the Aure would be to mid forward for it, but no it hits just right.

Especially on smaller jazz recordings, going for big bands then NP is preferred.

What Aure does very good is giving fullness to the instruments often used in most jazz, brass instruments have detail and are forward without being shouty.

Strings have the DD on the Aure making it more organic and true to life.
I totally agree with this. I think that there is just such a great balance to these that one might take it for granted; it just blends so well while remaining so separate as to not be congested in any way.

As a for instance, the second harmonics on almost everything. You might not realize just HOW good these are at that (along with dynamics), until you put something else into your ears for a listen. It is my opinion that these do so many things just right, and nothing wrong that it COULD be easy to overlook just HOW good these are. If that makes any sense at all?! :wink:

Edit: And by no means do I mean (or even close to) the word "boring".... These are both analytical and musical depending on the music IMHO.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #1,067 of 3,644
On the other side of the coin. The Police: Every Breath You Take: The Classics is some of the best sounding music I have heard with these. In my collection it is the highest resolution (PCM) music I currently have @24/352.8.

Having said that (and not to start any arguments), I will say respectfully to those who have argued for years that you can't hear the difference between something like this and, say, Redbook (16/44), that they just don't have the equipment to hear those differences... :) To my ears, only the IT-07 sound better for this music, but not by a whole lot at all.

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B006UPGEEA?ref=dm_sh_089b-d954-88bc-2973-60959

May 19, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #1,068 of 3,644
AüR Audio Aure

My review on the Aure, a set that has grown to become one of my favorite IEMs. Tasteful bass, enchanting mids and detailed but smooth treble.
I was not sure whether to review this, since it is now discontinued due to not getting more dynamic drivers.
But it deserves a full review, so here it is. Please read and enjoy if this interests you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aür-audio-aure.26139/review/30836/

1684502627514.png

May 19, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,070 of 3,644
Excellent review sir. I’m considering the Aurora as my most expensive set when it’s released. Hoping it’s not much more expensive than Aure
I believe the price will be announced soon, hardware config with them now having the DD custom made will make the new Aurora slightly more expensive than Aure.

I am looking forward to it, I am going to write a review for it also when it comes. Has some big shoes to fill to be as good as Aure and Neon Pro, but I have no doubt that Abel will do great work on the tuning.

May 19, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,072 of 3,644
@Leonarfd Great review!

I especially loved how you included that you didn't necessarily like them upon first insertion into the ears but gave your brain time to adjust. Too many reviewers are in too much of a hurry nowadays and write off fantastic head gear because it doesn't sound like what they are used to on first listen. This is a shame really, but for your part, and if I didn't already own them and know that you are spot on, I would tend to absolutely trust your review for your objectiveness.

I also love how you included definitions of terms you used. It is so difficult to describe sound that I feel it necessary to include these things to better help the reader understand (or not confuse) what you are describing at any given time. Kudos for that also!

Having said all of that, I totally agree with your assessment both positive and negative for these (not that there are any relevant negatives mind you). I also think that doing this review was not a pointless gesture. Yes, they have been discontinued, but those of us that have them (at least me) love to hear others reinforce what we already know. And since we all listen to different music, it also helps to let us/them know there is even more music out there that these sound fantastic with, that we might not have ventured into yet!

Hats off to you!

May 19, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #1,073 of 3,644
@Leonarfd Great review!

I especially loved how you included that you didn't necessarily like them upon first insertion into the ears but gave your brain time to adjust. Too many reviewers are in too much of a hurry nowadays and write off fantastic head gear because it doesn't sound like what they are used to on first listen. This is a shame really, but for your part, and if I didn't already own them and know that you are spot on, I would tend to absolutely trust your review for your objectiveness.

I also love how you included definitions of terms you used. It is so difficult to describe sound that I feel it necessary to include these things to better help the reader understand (or not confuse) what you are describing at any given time. Kudos for that also!

Having said all of that, I totally agree with your assessment both positive and negative for these (not that there are any relevant negatives mind you). I also think that doing this review was not a pointless gesture. Yes, they have been discontinued, but those of us that have them (at least me) love to hear others reinforce what we already know. And since we all listen to different music, it also helps to let us/them know there is even more music out there that these sound fantastic with, that we might not have ventured into yet!

Hats off to you!
Thanks for your kind words. And talking about music I am enjoying Variables by Alfa Mist, his latest album.
Enjoyable time alone in the comfy corner of the couch with my Aure.

1684528056139.png

From AüR FB group page.

I like what he describes, should be another unique set in the AüR lineup.
I have already one reserved from first batch, but as always I am going to take some time before I get any review out.
But impressions will follow fast :beerchug:

May 19, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #1,074 of 3,644
I am enjoying Variables by Alfa Mist,
I just saw him perform a few weeks ago, It was one of the best shows I have been to! If you get the chance to see him live, DO IT! His band is phenomenal.

May 19, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,075 of 3,644
May 19, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #1,076 of 3,644
AüR Audio Aure

My review on the Aure, a set that has grown to become one of my favorite IEMs. Tasteful bass, enchanting mids and detailed but smooth treble.
I was not sure whether to review this, since it is now discontinued due to not getting more dynamic drivers.
But it deserves a full review, so here it is. Please read and enjoy if this interests you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aür-audio-aure.26139/review/30836/

Another great review @Leonarfd - looking forward to the next session with my Aure when back home again (from a short holiday)... And the latest Alfa Mist is really a great album imo too...

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,078 of 3,644
Depends, mine got trough without.
Has anyone ordered to EU countries from AUR Audio? Do we also have to pay vat and customs duty?

May 20, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,079 of 3,644
Has anyone ordered to EU countries from AUR Audio? Do we also have to pay vat and customs duty?
Depends I guess - I had to pay < 9 € to FedEx a few days afterwards for each pair... But the delivery took only a few days.

May 20, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #1,080 of 3,644
Less than 7 € here (Spain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back