$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #991 of 6,550
When purchased my hibino it was made in japan
And they shipped no where else
So there was a price Japan eBay I used

Al

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #992 of 6,550
The designers may have made the button shape more unique than this (for easier touch-differentiation in one's pocket), but here's an approximate guess of what the button layout may look like, based upon the latest description provided on facebook:

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #994 of 6,550
I have a question, if anyone knows the answer or see it in Facebook page please share it here.

I got that this M:USE is going to be a killer UI but does it allow folder view/playback (with gapless)?

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #997 of 6,550
Gapless is supported according to the previous post so I assume folder view is possible.Calyx will compeate right with Astell and Kern looks like :)

I don't know if I'd go that far, the M has had a function dichotomy which is now making it look less of an AK240 as it was initially. They start looking like different daps with different internal implementation, hard to compare.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #998 of 6,550
I am okay with this thing now, this doesn't look like my earlier statement of a ipod touch with an expensive dac/amp . This is shaping up to be a good player , its amazing how the addition of those small features like the slots and the track buttons changed my mind

This would prolly compete with the ZX1 that have pretty much the same form factor and features , with the added benefit of sd card slots and "better" dac with higher pricing

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #999 of 6,550
That looks absolutely amazing, I had to read it twice to believe it and my mouth was watering in both instances. Lots of space, lots of file formats, I am thinking that DSD is hardware implemented, very low signal to noise ratio, fabulous touch interface. That really sounds too good to be true. Maybe it is! :)

ahahaha.... i knew Calyx M will be damn amazing, i bet sound quality will be stellar too, do not be surprised if M puts AK240 to shame :D
reading M specs i feel happy as pig :D

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,000 of 6,550
guys, lets petition Calyx to give HeadFi the promotion offer too !!! damn, i would pay Calyx 700$ in no time instantly on spot.

Petition:

CALYX DUDES, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE YOUR EXCELLENT OFFER ALSO AVAILABLE TO US, POOR HEADFIERS, WE CANNOT WAIT TO RECEIVE YOUR EXCELLENT M PLAYER AND ASK YOU TO ALLOW US PURCHASE THIS BEAUTY INSTANTLY AT PROMOTIONAL PRICE.

WE LOVE YOU AND EXCELLENT M DAP FOREVER :D :D :D

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #1,001 of 6,550
ahahaha.... i knew Calyx M will be damn amazing, i bet sound quality will be stellar too, do not be surprised if M puts AK240 to shame
biggrin.gif

reading M specs i feel happy as pig
biggrin.gif

But where is the COAX out ?    

NO NO NO  cooperpwc, don't hit hard, ...   I'm just joking !! 
biggrin.gif
​  

( I was even the first asking them this morning by email to accept my pre-order...)

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,002 of 6,550
But where is the COAX out ?    

NO NO NO  cooperpwc, don't hit hard, ...   I'm just joking !! :D ​  

( I was even the first asking them by email to accept my pre-order...)

damn, stop it, sign the petition and be happy, M bless us all :D :p

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #1,003 of 6,550
I am OK with this to... I think it looks like an exciting new product that warrants a close look, more so than any other DAP that I know of (at least for my purposes). I continue to think of this as a possible "do it all" source for me (travel, work, home, etc...) so I have not been concerned about storage or wifi or digital out... I am only concerned with HO and the fact that HO will also be the de-facto LO.  So for me, I need this unit to at least keep up with Bifrost Uber from DAC to LO, and in terms of HO, at least work really well with headphones that are reasonably efficient and easy to drive (I don't do IEMs).

If the Calyx M can do that, then I am ready to pull the trigger and the only thing left to do will be to find a great desktop amp to pair with it for running more demanding headphones or just raising the bar in general for the amp section.  I continue to be of the belief that portable dacs can slay dragons and punch well above their weight, but that portable amps crammed into the same chassis can not... so that is the only limitation I will be concerned about assuming everything else (general design, build quality, UI, DAC, and HO/LO) turns out as great as we are expecting it to.

I guess the value proposition for me is this:  If it performs in the general ballpark of a 4-500 dollar DAC, then the extra 5-600 dollars is probably worth it for all the other features/capabilities... If I still feel like a need to get a desktop DAC, then maybe I am better off staying with my laptop as my library and source and focusing my dollars on desktop DAC and amp.  I won't make a decision until the end of this year,  so hopefully the Calyx M is well distributed and reviewed by then, with lots of owners posting here as to their experience.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #1,004 of 6,550
guys, lets petition Calyx to give HeadFi the promotion offer too !!! damn, i would pay Calyx 700$ in no time instantly on spot.

Petition:

CALYX DUDES, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE YOUR EXCELLENT OFFER ALSO AVAILABLE TO US, POOR HEADFIERS, WE CANNOT WAIT TO RECEIVE YOUR EXCELLENT M PLAYER AND ASK YOU TO ALLOW US PURCHASE THIS BEAUTY INSTANTLY AT PROMOTIONAL PRICE.

WE LOVE YOU AND EXCELLENT M DAP FOREVER
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have to say, even given everything I just said in my post above... If Calyx said give me $700 right now and in a few months I will send you the product, I would probably take one for the team and get it and hope for the best, and then I would be one of the guys sharing feedback on the unit.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,005 of 6,550

Petition:

WE LOVE YOU AND EXCELLENT M DAP FOREVER
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

SIGNED...  X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back