$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #931 of 6,550
Hugo is much cheaper than AK240...but still steep...would love to test Calyx too...the only DAP where I can put my entire collection. The DX90....well it is the same design as the DX50 and that is lazy

Biggest issue with DX90 (which is insane!!!) is only 1 card slot (with no onboard memory). Crazy, stoopid, nuts, bonkers.....
triportsad.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #934 of 6,550
From what I have heard about the CES prototype, I am very interested in this player and I hope the production model sounds as good as the prototype.

Sound, UI, great with IEMs, Storage.  Those are my 4.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #939 of 6,550
To me for now I am happy with my dap. As I do want to hear some others as they become available to here. However I do want a balanced dap at least to the line out. As right now if I stack I have two to do this for me.
And this whole line out thing is just really out of control. Unless someone shows me it and I can hear a difference I am fine with what ever they give me. And the same for memory.
Al

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #940 of 6,550
Calyx, stop bothering about endless suggestions but make sure we see and can buy M soon :)))

i am willing to wait till April because M looks like a dream i had about DAP

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #941 of 6,550

Pfft!! And you think none of the Calyx team are already here?

Just look at some of the suspiciously-emotive responses in this thread (yes, you know who you are, and don't think I didn't notice), and the fact that barely a remark goes by in this thread that isn't magically 'addressed' on the facebook page within 2-48 hrs.

In some senses, that has been a positive thing, but in others, the cloak&dagger B$ is getting tiresome, frankly. My guess is that it's partly due to the draconian approach to non-sponsors, on head-fi (anyone remember the Frogbeats C4 thread, for example?), but credit to the Fiio team for just stepping up and engaging with their customers openly. They've shown it's possible and their customers love them for it.

No doubt Calyx are reading this thread. But I'm curious as to who you are referring to? I figure that I am about the most emotive person on here. Am I part of the Calyx team? I am delighted. Can you arrange for me to be paid?

beerchug.gif

Edit: Oh, it's not me. There go my delusions of grandeur again.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #942 of 6,550
Feb 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #944 of 6,550
From the Facebook page..... Apparently there are live players out there. Probably Calyx staff comment.

"Listening to 2L's 24bit/352.8kHz sampler (Mozart's Violin Concerto), which is almost 2 times data of 128DSD, via Calyx M"

"Exquisite. Life-like."

Not a file size i can ever imagine using though.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #945 of 6,550
  There is a $800 difference in favour of the Hugo here in Australia.. That's quite a bit. Almost a Calyx M's worth...

The Hugo has some huge price fluctuations depending on your home country. It's crazy.

If you buy it from Custom Cable, it is 1200£, and if you live outside EU, you can take out VAT, which comes to 1000£, i.e. 1650$. So 1k$ cheaper.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Too bad the Calyx M doesn't have digital out. 
popcorn.gif
 i kid, i kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back