$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #3,827 of 6,549
  I think my M is busted. Stucked at "Calyx M" logo, then nothing... I even can't get it entered firmware update mode.

that happens to me few time, it is that if you press the off button for too long it goes to a different sequence. I honestly have no idea how many second i need to press in order to enter the main menu, it is a lottery!

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,828 of 6,549
  that happens to me few time, it is that if you press the off button for too long it goes to a different sequence. I honestly have no idea how many second i need to press in order to enter the main menu, it is a lottery!

Does the logo stuck or disappeared right away? mine disappeared right away. then blank ... maybe gonna RMA it.

Edit: 
Jaben agent said it might because the battery was too low. Let's see how later ...

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3,829 of 6,549
  Does the logo stuck or disappeared right away? mine disappeared right away. then blank ... maybe gonna RMA it.

Edit: 
Jaben agent said it might because of the battery was too low. Let's see how later ...

yea it does, it is a cycle thing, calyx M really need to provide a user guide, I am almost certain pressing the off button down for too long will tell to do wait for other buttons to be pressed and do a certain thing. Infact they are aware of it, they have provided a guide on how to charge your device if you devices does what your one does. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #3,830 of 6,549
yea it does, it is a cycle thing, calyx M really need to provide a user guide, I am almost certain pressing the off button down for too long will tell to do wait for other buttons to be pressed and do a certain thing. Infact they are aware of it, they have provided a guide on how to charge your device if you devices does what your one does. 
could you please provide link for the same.

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #3,831 of 6,549
could you please provide link for the same.

Discharge, the battery voltage is less than 3.1 volts when I went down to the charging sequence mode does not work properly, problems have been reported. 
In order to solve this problem soon now are working on a patch that will be released. 
Before the patch release those who are already experienced this phenomenon in the following ways to charge it please. 
1 by pressing the power button (3-4 seconds) "CalyxM" logo does not 
Hold the power button for 10 seconds after pressing (If 10 seconds ago "CalyxM" logo side out, press and hold the power button again.) 
Release the power button. 
The play button below (">>"), hold down the unit is connected to the AC charger and CalyxM 
"CalyxM" waiting until you see the logo, the logo appears, release the button on. 
In this state, about 60 minutes after charging, "CalyxM" logo, and hold the power button until it disappears and release 
Again the power button pressed for about 3-4 seconds while booting charge mode. 

2 Press the power button (3-4 seconds) "CalyxM" logo is not what you see anything on the screen after coming out 
  Hold the power button for 10 seconds after pressing (If 10 seconds ago "CalyxM" logo side out, press and hold the power button again.) 
Release the power button. 
The play button below (">>"), hold down the power button (3-4 seconds) "CalyxM" logo.
Logo appears, release the button on. 
In this state, after charging for about 30 minutes, "CalyxM" logo, and hold the power button until it disappears and release 
Again the power button pressed for about 3-4 seconds while booting charge mode.

http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/24203

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,832 of 6,549
Regarding the "lottery" at startup, that sounds like the DX50 in the early days. But I don't agree that the M is normally difficult at all. Hold the power button until the Calyx word appears. Let go. Wait. Listen.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,833 of 6,549
For $1k, they should include a comprehensive user's guide. And a stopwatch to do ^.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #3,835 of 6,549
I've had the M for almost 3 weeks now and the library keeps getting corrupted once per week, the symptom being many tracks appear twice in album view (the duplicates are not playable though). Merely refreshing the library doesn't cure the problem; I have to manually eject and then re-insert the memory cards to make it go away.

It's very annoying... Has anyone encountered this so far?

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,836 of 6,549
The pause/play button tend to stop working when screen is off, in order to reactive it screen needs to be turned on.

If the music is playing, the Play/Pause button will work. The screen does not need to be on.

If you stop playing music, the M quickly enters a Sleep state. You need to press the Power button followed a second later by the Play button to restart the music.

I'm a UI fanatic so I learn this stuff inside out.  :wink:  And yes, they should provide a manual. No doubt they will at some point. We are kind of beta users at this stage, pre-1.00.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #3,837 of 6,549

If the music is playing, the Play/Pause button will work. The screen does not need to be on.

If you stop playing music, the M quickly enters a Sleep state. You need to press the Power button followed a second later by the Play button to restart the music.

I'm a UI fanatic so I learn this stuff inside out.  :wink:  And yes, they should provide a manual. No doubt they will at some point. We are kind of beta users at this stage, pre-1.00.

They do have a user manual, but like its firmware, it's still in "beta" stage:
http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/20811

oh and it is in Korean. 
k701smile.gif

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #3,838 of 6,549
FYI This translation by hellGeea is much much better than the gibberish above. 

Quote:
  I dunno if I understood the original passage correctly cos it's quite complicated, 
but Here's my direct translation;

When the voltage gets lower than 3.1volts,(due to battery gets low)malfunction of charging sequance mode has been reported.
We're on this, to fix the problem.

Anybody who experienced these problems before your firm up, charge your device by following method.

1.In case of CalymM logo doesn't appear after pressing the power button for 3~4 seconds,
Press the power button longer(more like 10 secounds, if CalyxM logo appears before 10 seconds, press the button for a while again)
Take off your finger from the power button,
Press the Fast Farward button and while you press the button, connect the charger,
Charge your device for about 60minutes by this method, Press the power button till CalyxM logo dissapears,
and press the power button again, the device will start booting and will start charging.

2.In case of pressing the power button for 3 to 4 seconds, CalyxM logo appears and then nothing comes out on the screen.
  Press the power button for about 10 seconds(if the CalyxM logo appears before 10 seconds, press the power button for long once again.)
and take off your finger from the button.
Press Fast Forward(underneath the power button)for 3~4 seconds, CalyxM logo will appear.
If you see the logo, take off your finger.
Charge about 30 minutes like this, then Press the power button till the logo dissapears,
then press the power button again will boot the device leading to the chage mode. 

Quite complicated...
Seems like D&A is on work to skip this complicated issue... 
not about folder browsing this time...

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3,840 of 6,549
^ Glad that it got resolved. Battery life, and general weirdness with the battery indicator and charging continue to be Achilles Heels of the M. It's workable but more of a pain than it should be.

I actually solved my travel battery issue for long trips today. My Surface Pro 2 can be used as a large battery pack on planes or trains if I will go past five hours. And I can read a book on my Kindle app at the same time. It beats carrying a separate battery pack since the SP2 is with me anyway.

Unfortunately I must agree with Currawong that the USB DAC function of the M does not sound as good as native SD play. So instead of listening from Foobar as I had hoped to use the M in such situations, I just leach USB power and listen from the internal UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back