$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,046 of 6,549
The atmosphere on this thread gets grimmer by the day. Not long ago I strongly consider jumping on good pre-order deal at almost twice the price of DX90.

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #3,047 of 6,549
If the US price is going up, then that almost certainly means that the UK price (whatever it was going to end up being) will be upped as well.  That plus the Calyx CEO lying/mis-informing, and then bad mouthing his critics...

With used AK240s now starting to show themselves, and with a much less eye watering price tag than a new one, I figure I may as well just save a few more hundred pounds over the next few months and plump for one of them, as it seems to be the only hi-res DAP on the market (other than the DX90, which is out by default for me cos of it's single card slot) that hasn't had too much negativity slung around it other than its price and AKs poor customer service.

Sorry Calyx - I'm out.

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3,048 of 6,549
  .... Just wish there was an integrated/single-box 'DAP' version of the Hugo... SIGH..!
size]

+10000

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #3,049 of 6,549
MusicaAcoustics has the Calyx M (plus a free Ortofon e-Q5 IEM) for $998. http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/hot-news/summer-is-hear-hot-hot-hot/ Sorry if that interferes in the crowd pleasing $1,500 narrative.

Personally I think that the only thing more demonstrably stupid than some of the things that we hear about the M is this thread. The blind lead the blind and it is backslaps all around. Just sayin'...

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,050 of 6,549
MusicaAcoustics has the Calyx M (plus a free Ortofon e-Q5 IEM) for $998. http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/hot-news/summer-is-hear-hot-hot-hot/ Sorry if that interferes in the crowd pleasing $1,500 narrative.

Personally I think that the only thing more demonstrably stupid than some of the things that we hear about the M is this thread. The blind lead the blind and it is backslaps all around. Just sayin'...

I think you should go ahead and buy one, let us know how it performs. Lead the way!

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,052 of 6,549
Oh, I am close to doing that but I think it probably unwise. I do have concerns about the zero impedance noise and some other strange things. I am also not convinced that the design is finalised...

I understand, I feel the same to be honest I don't even know if it'll ever be finalized, but that's another story. There are just too many variables hanging over my head to seriously give it any further considerations. I am starting to think that a decent player might not be available until beginning of next year.

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #3,053 of 6,549
I'm busy and will be short. $1500 was a joke from the admin of the naver calyx m cafe, it looks it had been in a tag of his posting and even was edited out. It is like 3 hrs battery buzz went around in this thread i think.

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #3,054 of 6,549
I understand, I feel the same to be honest I don't even know if it'll ever be finalized, but that's another story. There are just too many variables hanging over my head to seriously give it any further considerations. I am starting to think that a decent player might not be available until beginning of next year.

I remain very interested but I have a number of DAPs and I can be patient. I at least want to hear it myself

I'm busy and will be short. $1500 was a joke from the admin of the naver calyx m cafe, it looks it had been in a tag of his posting and even was edited out. It is like 3 hrs battery buzz went around in this thread i think.

Thanks.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,055 of 6,549

Personally I think that the only thing more demonstrably stupid than some of the things that we hear about the M is this thread. storage/3045#post_10600733"]MusicaAcoustics has the Calyx M (plus a free Ortofon e-Q5 IEM) for $998. http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/hot-news/summer-is-hear-hot-hot-hot/ Sorry if that interferes in the crowd pleasing $1,500 narrative.

Well, you have very eloquent way of saying something harsh without breaking comradeship, but if you think I am lying(and blind?) and others are stupid because they believe me, why dont you just say so?
Well I am just saying, and you dont really need to do that, because at this moment most of information is written in Korean so you are entitled to suspect every information as 'blind lead blind'.
But I am assure you that I never lied and all information I was talkng aboit was from Caly cafe which Ceo of calyx belongs, and the admin of there has took care of most of official information so far(and it turned out to be that official jokes, too).
And it seems that 1500 dollar price could be a kind of a joke, but how should I know?
that joke was issued with very serious information(about official product registration) which is not joke at all. most other members believed it, and still is(as in this moment some member is still talking about how lucky they are buying 1500 product with 700dollars), because the admin didnt say it was joke.
But talking about ui bugs, short battery life(5~7hours maximum, and sometimes 4hours, andcontrary to Gracky i dont see anyone seriously saying 3hours), noises with many iem and headphones are not 'blind lead blind'.
Those are problems that even Calyx admit(and i personally experienced so I didnt buy M yet) and promised to solve shortly.
I hope that promise is not a joke like 1400 dollars one, because the expectation is very high and many M users saw great potential inside M(potential that even I have mentioned before in this thread a couple of times) and from now on, before saying any new information, I will wait a couple of day just to make sure that is not joke ^^

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #3,056 of 6,549
^ My post was not an attack on anyone personally but rather on the pile-on group psychology in play in this thread.  

Beyond that I am perfectly entitled to trust people like Currawong and kkcc more than I trust you. That is well within my rights. Neither of these individuals has been unconditional or even effusive in their praise of the M, particularly kkcc, but they do paint a different picture than some other people. So in my view, the book of M is not yet written.

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #3,060 of 6,549
^ My post was not an attack on anyone personally but rather on the pile-on group psychology in play in this thread.  

Beyond that I am perfectly entitled to trust people like Currawong and kkcc more than I trust you. That is well within my rights. Neither of these individuals has been unconditional or even effusive in their praise of the M, particularly kkcc, but they do paint a different picture than some other people. So in my view, the book of M is not yet written.

Well, like i said, you are entitled to do that. And about 'group psycology', like I said, you are very eloquent way of saying 'you all are stupid', like that is not attack at all because it didnt target certain person, but that doesnt matter.
And like I already said in this thread(if you are interested) foreign version of M could be more stable and sturdy because Calyx fixed some initial bugs reported from Korean users (after so many complaints from them,so some of them call themselves unwanted beta user) but you guys still have to wait a bit June update that Calyx promised which will eliminate many complaints.(so you can see Calyx himself knows M has many problem to be fixed, if you want I can list the problems the ceo admited(in his personal post in the cafe) and promised to fix.)
And if calyx really successfuly solve all those problems, M can be one of good dap. This possibility is already mentioned by me in this thread, so I am with you that 'book of m is not yet written', even the current draft has some serious problems.
And lastly, you dont need to trust me, that's not what I have done here, saying my personal point of view. If you go through my post here, you will find out that I have just passed on the widely circulated info inside Calyx naver cafe which, at this moment, has most of M users, and if you think that cafe which the ceo personally has involved is just another example of 'group psychology', fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back