Jan 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #181 of 483
thanks...seems i'd need some sort of conditioner, too, with the rendu?
still trying to understand it all...and the other gear...roon transporter (that's if i return to Roon)

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #183 of 483
  thanks...seems i'd need some sort of conditioner, too, with the rendu?
still trying to understand it all...and the other gear...roon transporter (that's if i return to Roon)

don't need a conditioner, but it is advised to use a good linear power supply to get the best sound out of the microrendu.  this one is considered to get the best out of the microrendu: https://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #184 of 483

don't need a conditioner, but it is advised to use a good linear power supply to get the best sound out of the microrendu.  this one is considered to get the best out of the microrendu: https://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1

many thanks for all your help, guys.
i guess we can expect this area of USB audio and such to only grow in the coming  yrs.
who'd have thought we could have great sounding music from our laptops/desktops 
just 4 or so yrs ago?

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #185 of 483
Darko did a review today on it.

Classy! Sonore’s microRendu takes digital audio higher

by John H. Darkoabout 2 hours ago
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/01/classy-sonores-microrendu-takes-digital-audio-higher/

my friend is interested in the auralic aries.
feels it might be a better value once you add a linear supply to the micro.

maybe someone can chip in here, too, please?

Currently deciding between the Sonore microRendu versus the Auralic Aries.
I am leaning towards the Auralic Aries and wanted to run my logic by you.
Initially the Auralic Aries looks more expensive so by the time you factor in the

cost of the optional power supply (Sonore Signature Series Power Supply – $1,399 / $1,589)
I am at a much larger investment.
Secondly, if money were not object I would like to get the Aurender n1000H,

but based on the reviews that I have read the Aries can hold its own against the pricier Aurdender.

thoughts?

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #186 of 483
Any feedback on the Roon 1.3 DSP Engine? I have the Roon DSP engine enabled with my microRendu at DSD 128 and it is sounding great with my Chord Hugo and Mr. Speakers Ether C Headphones. Sure enough, the DSD light on my Hugo is lit up even when playing a FLAC 44.1kHz file.

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #187 of 483
just wondering if anyone has explored the home made route on this.
i'm still exploring this, alongside the auralic aries, etc.
not cheap solutions, once you add in a linear (lps caps1 or other) power supply.

one chap, on another audio forum, when i asked about these products (aruender, auralic, sonore)
he replied:
''To be honest, "bang for buck" isn't what springs to mind with that box, either. quite the opposite. Bang for buck is sticking a
decent digital hat and a copy of Volumio (or similar) on a raspberry pi, and maybe throwing either a linear power supply or at a
pinch, an iPower into the mix, then using decent but sensibly-priced cables to and from your DAC.

It's not particularly hard, even if you're not used to Linux- can be done in half an hour or less, without really needing to know much.

It would leave stuff like the Microrendu in the dust for sheer SQ, too.
The Aries is an expensive option, not a bang for buck option. There are plenty of those expensive options out there, too.''

but i'm no techie...so am still exploring these areas...linux, raspberry pi etc

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #188 of 483
hmm I have heard people say that an Odroid (which has separate bus for gigabit LAN and USB) can come pretty close to a uRendu, but I never heard someone say a Pi leaves the uRendu in the dust...

Did you try a Pi against a uRendu?
what do you need a digital hat for? USB should be fine.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #189 of 483
hmm I have heard people say that an Odroid (which has separate bus for gigabit LAN and USB) can come pretty close to a uRendu, but I never heard someone say a Pi leaves the uRendu in the dust...

Did you try a Pi against a uRendu?
what do you need a digital hat for? USB should be fine.

humbly i admit that i am such a newbie that i have no clue....i'm still trying to understand these basic concepts.
then i head over to computeraudiophile and the scope of discussion can get pedantic and overwhelming.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #190 of 483
OK, fair enough.
was just surprised of your strong statement of uRendu vs Pi and was under the impression you had first hand experience :wink:

Cheers

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #191 of 483
OK, fair enough.
was just surprised of your strong statement of uRendu vs Pi and was under the impression you had first hand experience
wink.gif

Cheers

no that italicized statement (below) is from a gentleman on another forum, who was trying to be helpful,
suggesting i look into alternate (less pricey but still as good) configurations vs the auralic aries or microrendu/ultracaps lps1.
i had noted in the comment that my friend, also no techie, had suggested the auralic aries as best bang for the buck.

sorry for any confusion.

''To be honest, "bang for buck" isn't what springs to mind with that box, either. quite the opposite. Bang for buck is sticking a
decent digital hat and a copy of Volumio (or similar) on a raspberry pi, and maybe throwing either a linear power supply or at a
pinch, an iPower into the mix, then using decent but sensibly-priced cables to and from your DAC.

It's not particularly hard, even if you're not used to Linux- can be done in half an hour or less, without really needing to know much.

It would leave stuff like the Microrendu in the dust for sheer SQ, too.
The Aries is an expensive option, not a bang for buck option. There are plenty of those expensive options out there, too.''

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #195 of 483
No problem at all, I was responding to @canali and his post which contained a cut/paste from a different forum. Whoever posted that has obviously never even heard the microRendu, so much as directly compared it to an ODROID C2 or RPi3.

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience, to clear things up.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back