6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes
Apr 2, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #32 of 1,004
Lol, the Dutch tubes:

PW

All others.

+1 No further questions, Your Honor. To me (and obviously to Mike aka Mikoss) there is the Amperex Holland house sound...and then there is the Holland house sound on steroids, the Pinched Waists. The house sound is supreme musicality with a uniquely saturated and majestic midrange, like no other that I've heard. And somehow the magnificence of the midrange doesn't detract from the bass and treble...a very difficult trick to pull off. Detailed but not to the analytic degree of some of the Siemens. To me the sound couldn't be more real, more enveloping, more pulsating or more engaging. The Shootout thought the PW's lacked the ability to cause goosebumps. I personally have never been more excited listening to a pair of tubes in my life. Period. Just a matter of different people hearing and responding emotionally to different things. I get it. But I now also understand why many audiophiles rank the Pinched Waists at the very top of the food chain. They are a different breed of cat.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 1,004
To the OP, my dog send his kisses...great, great post. 

I was on a searchr for a good matched pair of 6922s for my upcoming HPA.

So I went hunting those 70s Reflektor 6N23P....
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #37 of 1,004
  To the OP, my dog send his kisses...great, great post. 

I was on a searchr for a good matched pair of 6922s for my upcoming HPA.

So I went hunting those 70s Reflektor 6N23P....
biggrin.gif

Be sure they have only one curved wire getter post.  The much more common dual dimpled plate posts were also made those years and are much more common.

Good luck on the hunt!

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #38 of 1,004

Be sure they have only one curved wire getter post.  The much more common dual dimpled plate posts were also made those years and are much more common.

Good luck on the hunt!

What would be really great is a thread about the different Russian tubes, including their designations. I am very lost trying to decipher the tubes and the Cyrillic!

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #42 of 1,004
Sorry for my ignorance...

Got any more pics for that 70s Reflektor 6N23P? Thanks in advance.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #44 of 1,004
Thanks for the help!! Now on to look for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back