6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes
Apr 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 1,004
Lucky bastards!!....hahaha....

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #17 of 1,004
  Lucky bastards!!....hahaha....

Some get to have all the fun!
wink_face.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 1,004
Bob you are a god amongst men, thank you for all the effort!

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #20 of 1,004
Well done, sir! This is going to be a fantastic resource for Head-fiers for years to come!

It's cool seeing where my Teles and Miniwatts stack up. Now that I have the HD800, I gotta get my hands on some HGs as well!

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #23 of 1,004
Excellent , work Bob. This will definitely help others , looking for the best of the best. Thanks for all your hard work!

beerchug.gif

Thanks!  Your help was invaluable!  Thank you for the loan of the '65 CCa's.
I think anyone of the top 4 tubes could be a person's #1 - depending on taste and system.  Well as you can see from my gushing - the HG's are mine.

They make me want to dance!  Da!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #24 of 1,004
Thanks!  Your help was invaluable!  Thank you for the loan of the '65 CCa's.
I think anyone of the top 4 tubes could be a person's #1 - depending on taste and system.  Well as you can see from my gushing - the HG's are mine.

They make me want to dance!  Da!

Cheers!
:beerchug:

LOL !!!! Priceless.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 1,004
You inspire me!
beyersmile.png

Yes that is what I was put on earth to do. And seriously your efforts on this project are much appreciated by many. Cudos, Comrade!
I will add, as to your comment about any of your top 4 ranked tubes possibly being someone's potential #1 depending on sound signature preference....I would expand that to at least the top 7. Having heard them all except the Siemens CCa's, my #1 for a long time has been, as you know, the early 60's Holland Philips Miniwatts E188CC's, until I fluked into the Holland made Pinch Waists. The PW's are by far MY #1's now. The #7 ranked USN-CEP Amperex 7308 American made white prints are many's #1 as well. Sooo much exceptional glass out there. So little time. So little cash. Anyway, great job Bob. Know it was a labor of love.

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #27 of 1,004

You inspire me!
beyersmile.png

Yes that is what I was put on earth to do. And seriously your efforts on this project are much appreciated by many. Cudos, Comrade!
I will add, as to your comment about any of your top 4 ranked tubes possibly being someone's potential #1 depending on sound signature preference....I would at least expand that to at least the top 7. Having heard them all except the Siemens CCa's, my #1 for a long time has been, as you know, the early 60's Holland Philips Miniwatts E188CC's, until I fluked into the Holland made Pinch Waists. The PW's are by far MY #1's now. The #7 ranked USN-CEP Amperex 7308 American made white prints are many's #1 as well. Sooo much exceptional glass out there. So little time. So little cash. Anyway, great job Bob. Know it was a labor of love.

Thanks -that means a lot -sincerely!
I completely agree any of the top 7 could hit the mark for a roller.  I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live with these for that week.  The review is long and comprehensive - but I wanted it to be a good resource for those coming new in to this great hobby. 

I wanted to give back to the community I have so greatly benefited from.  Just some of the audio experience I've gained over a few decades.  And again just one persons perspective.

Would love to see you do one as well - even if it's just the Dutch tubes.  And for someone to do one on the Great Britain tubes of the '50's, 60's and 70's.  There is much I could learn from that.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #28 of 1,004
I completely agree any of the top 7 could hit the mark for a roller.  I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live with these for that week.  The review is long and comprehensive - but I wanted it to be a good resource for those coming new in to this great hobby. 

I wanted to give back to the community I have so greatly benefited from.  Just some of the audio experience I've gained over a few decades.  And again just one persons perspective.

Would love to see you do one as well - even if it's just the Dutch tubes.  And for someone to do one on the Great Britain tubes of the '50's, 60's and 70's.  There is much I could learn from that.

Cheers!
:beerchug:

Would love to see a review of the tubes of Great Britain. I was at the music store and a guy had a pair of Ediswan cv2492 tubes, on consignment, for 160 dollars. And such a review would be great.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #30 of 1,004

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Thanks for that little push right over the cliff.  Sounds way too much like work to me, Roberto.  I'm old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back