2359glenn | studio
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #8,506 of 39,994
  Just the headphone amps will fit side by side, barely, as Ultra will attest. His collection of HP amps rivals mine. I have 2 GlennAmps and so will he!

I beg to differ again...the 300B mono blocks wouldn't be considered headphone amps to anyone...except the Silent One...
eek.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #8,508 of 39,994
  I beg to differ again...the 300B mono blocks wouldn't be considered headphone amps to anyone...except the Silent One...
eek.gif

Glenn supplied me with an adapter that connected to the speaker posts. Here it is connected to my SOS D7000, Silent One Special--the Denon D7000. Ingenious! So while it may not be considered a headphone amp, like Silent One, we make do. And do we did!

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #8,509 of 39,994
I like your avatar. So elligant, like Shindo's sound.
Floating along gracefully...
I like the gold silk-screened logo on their amps too.

smiley_thumb.gif
 I've long known you to have good taste, my friend. I'm a bit broke right now but if I had more than two nickels to rub together, I'd buy that gorgeous TT from you. That would make two pre-owned tables from you. 
wink.gif

Anyone know why the swan on their logo? Any back story? It not usual to use a animal in audio related logos. Curious as to why they choose that.

wink_face.gif
 There is a back story. Exhausted from moving all afternoon, I'm too tired to remember the Swan's selection. Ken's choice was an elegant one. I do recall all of the chosen names for amps/pre's reflect his love for French wines and are named after famous bottles of French wines. The avatar is temporary while mourning. K-Mok is just around the corner... 

eek.gif

A few hours ago, I sat my Shindo mono blocks out
eek.gif
on the curb! Well.... just long enough to get a few more items out of the moving van. 
tongue.gif
 I'd never set 'em out for trash pick-up!!!

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #8,510 of 39,994

Glenn supplied me with an adapter that connected to the speaker posts. Here it is connected to my SOS D7000, Silent One Special--the Denon D7000. Ingenious! So while it may not be considered a headphone amp, like Silent One, we make do. And do we did!

prosterne.gif
 Brilliant, Clayton SF!   I need me one of them there contraptions for the HD650 & HE-6. I'm gonna have to disturb Glenn's breakfast tomorrow morning, I know he has President's day off! 
normal_smile .gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #8,511 of 39,994

smiley_thumb.gif
 I've long known you to have good taste, my friend. I'm a bit broke right now but if I had more than two nickels to rub together, I'd buy that gorgeous TT from you. That would make two pre-owned tables from you. 
wink.gif

+1

I would be all over that if it weren't for my trip this week. I have been trying to choose the TT to add to the system, but I haven't been able to pick.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #8,513 of 39,994

prosterne.gif
 Brilliant, Clayton SF!   I need me one of them there contraptions for the HD650 & HE-6. I'm gonna have to disturb Glenn's breakfast tomorrow morning, I know he has President's day off! 
normal_smile%20.gif

Hah! Would using the adapter with the HD650 be okay? Which posts would I use--the 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker posts?

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #8,514 of 39,994

+1

I would be all over that if it weren't for my trip this week. I have been trying to choose the TT to add to the system, but I haven't been able to pick.

I view Clayton's apartment as an audio boutique and he, the consultant. Knowing how well he maintains his gears and vinyl, I would never have any reservations buying anything from him. 
thumbsup.gif

In fact, next time I drop by to see him, I'm bringing "Carry-on" luggage. 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #8,515 of 39,994

Hah! Would using the adapter with the HD650 be okay? Which posts would I use--the 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker posts?

blink.gif
 I have no idea. Because I don't know what value resistors Glenn chose. What is your amp operating at now, 8 Ohm, 4 Ohm or 16 Ohm? I'm striving to switch my amps from 8 Ohm to 16 Ohm.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #8,516 of 39,994

+1, i need one too but with a 4pin xlr.  Gonna try my orthos with my k-120 tubes.  

Same here, I'll need one with 4 pin XLR and another with 1/4. Perhaps, we can get our work done together. And when I remember the "Swan song" (reason for selection) I'll let you know...

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #8,518 of 39,994
  I make plenty of money to feed the horse.

The thing is I have to make some money doing this. If I an not making money why am I doing this.
I don't use boutique parts in thee amps I did in David's and Tyrell's.
I believe in the KISS principle. Keep it simple stupid and I found out that less is more the fewer parts the better it sounds.
And yes the 6CL6 was a vertical output tube in black and white TVs and they sound good.
If I can use a low cost TV tube in place of the noisy 6AS7 and it sounds good we are better off
Ok on that guinea pig thing. It is costly to send it to my friend as he lives in Greece but that don't matter he is my official guinea pig.

KISS all the way.

I thought I was the official cookie tester and the assistant to hold the cables while you test capacitors at 233 V and crazy enough to let you touch the live voltage to see what 230V and 50Hz feel like!!!!!!!!!!

Just as well Mama wasn't watching and the girls were out shopping...............

Glenn, I hope I didn't offend in anyway. The horse comment was supposed to mean "it has to be worth your time". 
I know you do this as a hobby and for friends and definitely not for the money. 
I was just saying that I think designing great sounding components from undervalued parts is rewarding for both the designer and the end user and, to me, special...cheers!

As for your Greek friend. I consider him more of a sweet lamb than a guinea pig. His input is obviously more than worth the postage!

I am sure Glenn is not offended Steven, he has a great sense of humor.
Sweet pig you mean, I am fat enough to be one..............
Glenn has brilliant ideas and I feel privileged to own two of his very nice amps.

Here's a desk worth showcasing amps (or not). I'd line them amps up and work my way listening to each and every one of them from left to right. Or from right to left. Or every which way!

Very nice Clayton!
How was dinner?????

I view Clayton's apartment as an audio boutique and he, the consultant. Knowing how well he maintains his gears and vinyl, I would never have any reservations buying anything from him. 
thumbsup.gif

In fact, next time I drop by to see him, I'm bringing "Carry-on" luggage. 
evil_smiley.gif

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #8,520 of 39,994
You and Steven should not be showing me pictures of food............

I had breakfast but I am hungry now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back