2359glenn | studio
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #6,946 of 39,985
Hello. I am now using my Glenn Amps Mono Blocks with the Zana Deux SE as a preamp. Excellent sounding for the day after Thanksgiving. It's been on for 1/2 an hour so I'll know more about the sound signature at the end of the day--10 hours later.

Thanks again, Glenn.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #6,947 of 39,985
  Hello. I am now using my Glenn Amps Mono Blocks with the Zana Deux SE as a preamp. Excellent sounding for the day after Thanksgiving. It's been on for 1/2 an hour so I'll know more about the sound signature at the end of the day--10 hours later.

Thanks again, Glenn.

looks great! the zana would be a great option for pr-amp, its supposed to be very fast and detailed. i look forward to impressions. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #6,948 of 39,985

great album. She is a major talent

Yup.  Her often natural syncopation when she plays each note every slightly off beat is what I enjoy the most when it comes to smooth jazz pianist.

+1

I have some of her early work on vinyl from Yamaha R&D Studios as the 19 year old prodigy from Japan (Keiko Doi). 
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #6,949 of 39,985
I must have a listen, Keiko Matsui' you say. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #6,951 of 39,985
Nov 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #6,953 of 39,985
I have stored all my amps and headphones an have only been using the Cypherlabs Theorem and the LCD2.
i'm in shock myself. No idea why i just bought the Neko Audio MK2 DAC

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #6,954 of 39,985
Thanks to Mihis, I am listening to Anna Ternheim - The Night Visitor LP on my GlennZanaAmp Combo--It is incredible. Her vocals are so engaging. Glenn's amp is surely true to acoustic music (among others).

This is Walking Aimlessly.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #6,955 of 39,985
I have stored all my amps and headphones an have only been using the Cypherlabs Theorem and the LCD2.
i'm in shock myself. No idea why i just bought the Neko Audio MK2 DAC

eek.gif
.... for a speaker rig? 

Edit

I thought it was a different DAC, my bad

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #6,956 of 39,985
Yes. Speaker rigs! I am slowly abandoning my headphone gear and opting for the non-tethered listening experience of speakers. Just think if I had to use different speakers every time I changed tubes or amps. I love my Zu Audio Omens. They go with every speaker amp I own. By the way, just in case you're interested. http://www.zuaudio.com/sales/sale-omen-peachtree-mission

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #6,957 of 39,985
  Yes. Speaker rigs! I am slowly abandoning my headphone gear and opting for the non-tethered listening experience of speakers. Just think if I had to use different speakers every time I changed tubes or amps. I love my Zu Audio Omens. They go with every speaker amp I own. By the way, just in case you're interested. http://www.zuaudio.com/sales/sale-omen-peachtree-mission

very nice. i have looked at your speakers before in pics. 97db - nice and sensitive. I will go the speaker route myself eventually but i live with others at the moment and it would not be fair on them if i was pumping music all the time.  How do they compare to the Klipsch rf-7 do you know? 

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #6,958 of 39,985
  very nice. i have looked at your speakers before in pics. 97db - nice and sensitive. I will go the speaker route myself eventually but i live with others at the moment and it would not be fair on them if i was pumping music all the time.  How do they compare to the Klipsch rf-7 do you know? 

That's why I'm not completely there yet. There are times that I need to listen to music with headphones. Yesterday I heard sounds that I hadn't heard while listening through my speakers. Like background sounds thrown way to the left or right ear. It was a song by Grizzly Bear off their Shields LP. The song is Gun-Shy. An incredible piece to listen to on headphones.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #6,960 of 39,985
  Highly recommended: http://www.philoapplefarm.com/
80+ varieties of heirloom apples!
Stay in the cottages, eat at the Booneville Hotel....

Thanks! I always need great suggestions for a food retreat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back