2008 College Football Thread!
Jan 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #721 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I take it that this means Ohio State is not a quality win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think he was counting bowl games when making that statement. At least that's what I'd like to think.

Right, of course my statement was not including bowl game. I was talking about the SCHEDULED OOC opponents *chosen* by the schools. You do not choose your bowl fate.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #722 of 756
You can choose to not play a bowl game
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #724 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, good thing Ball State chose not to play Boise St. they may have lost by 100.

Isn't THAT the truth!

Looking forward to tonight's game. I predict 27-24 Gators. Regular readers of this thread may recall I correctly predicted a Utah win over Alabama, so I am not an SEC shill I promise
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #726 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't THAT the truth!

Looking forward to tonight's game. I predict 27-24 Gators. Regular readers of this thread may recall I correctly predicted a Utah win over Alabama, so I am not an SEC shill I promise
wink.gif

Pretty sure it will be Gators, but am afraid it will be a lot uglier than 27-24. I am an SEC shill, but I would still like to see a close game. 27-24 would be awsome, but I doubt it will happen. The Gators are just to strong on defense.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #727 of 756
Yep, that is my assumption too - that the SEC defense will make it rough sledding for the Sooners, just as the Ole Miss D did versus the Red Raiders.

Jan 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #728 of 756
I'm cheering for Mr. Metal's squad. I dig those Tigers, but my chest doesn't poof out for the SEC, even though we all 100% agree that The SEC is the most oppressive, domineering conference in the Nation, and any loss by a SEC team is a fluke or caused by a team wide sickness like the Flu.
smile.gif

I take Florida this evening, but I'll be rooting the other way.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #729 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm cheering for Mr. Metal's squad. I dig those Tigers, but my chest doesn't poof out for the SEC, even though we all 100% agree that The SEC is the most oppressive, domineering conference in the Nation, and any loss by a SEC team is a fluke or caused by a team wide sickness like the Flu.
smile.gif

I take Florida this evening, but I'll be rooting the other way.

What dude! Hell, I'm a Razorback fan but I was pulling for the Tigers all the way when they won the championship. Ain't nothing wrong with being an SEC fanboy. Best conference in the land. The Razorbacks were picked to finish in last place in the SEC West in BB this year by the expert sportswriters back East because they start 3 freshman and their only senior is a walkon. In the last week they have beat 2 top 10 Big 12 teams (Texas #7 and OU #4) and are sitting at 12 and 1. Maybe in a couple of years with our new coach, we will remember how to play football again.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #732 of 756
Well, that should settle the debate.

Florida limited Oklahoma to 14 points. Ohio State limited Texas to 24 points. Ole Miss shamed Texas Tech. The Big 12 is a league with average or slightly above average offenses and crap defenses. Its level of talent is roughly comparable to the Pac-10.

Good game.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #734 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good game.

I disagree. That first half especially was a snooze fest marred by rusty mistakes.

I was also looking forward to points.

And dare I mention the commentators? Wow. I had to mute them and listen to music for the second half.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #735 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ou

choke on your 5th straight bowl

big game bob right?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Let's see your team even make it to 4 championship games in 8 years, oh right you have OU in your way every time. The games I hate the most are the ones we give away, like tonight. At the half it could very EASILY have been 28-7 OU leading. Stoops had nothing to do with the loss. The execution of plays in the first half was horrible for both teams, it just happened that OU lost the most from it being in scoring position 4 times and only coming away with 1 TD.

Anyways, there is no doubt at all that the best 2 teams in college football met tonight. Florida played a great game and OU didn't help themselves when they could have.

I don't expect to see OU in the champ game next year since we have to completely rebuild our offense.

I also agree with SweetAdeline about the layoff times. Why can't we start the season 1 week earlier or cut 1 game from the schedule and finish before the Christmas break? It was painfully obvious both offenses had no clue for most of the first half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back