2008 College Football Thread!
Jan 6, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #691 of 756
Bummer for the Buckeyes, they looked like the better team tonight. If they had ONE solid quarterback that knew what he was doing, they would have won going away.

On another note, that performance should end any speculation that UT belonged in the title game, and/or championship discussion. Utah is definitely at the head of that list.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #692 of 756
How did I know that Pryor and Boeckman would both end up playing? In any case, I can live with the fact that the Buckeyes didn't go in there and embarrass themselves. But I'm still very angry about the outcome.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #693 of 756
GREAT game last night. Very fun. I wish OSU had prevailed, but it was an awesome game.

I also believe that this game, and the NU-Mizzou game, in spite of there being 2 losses, shows there is no talent gap between the Big Ten and Big 12.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #694 of 756
I agree with Skylab. It's not so easy to score 40 points when your opponent actually plays defense. The thing that bothers me though is the huge difference in passing. Colt McCoy completed more passes than Boeckman and Pryor (combined) attempted. If Ohio State had a true powerhouse passing attack to complement Wells's rushing they'd be really scary.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #696 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GREAT game last night. Very fun. I wish OSU had prevailed, but it was an awesome game.

I also believe that this game, and the NU-Mizzou game, in spite of there being 2 losses, shows there is no talent gap between the Big Ten and Big 12.

What, There most certainly is a talent gap between the Big 10 and the Big 12. The Big 10 is no longer the powerhouse it once was. These days it is the SEC and the Big 12 (in that order I might add).

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #697 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, There most certainly is a talent gap between the Big 10 and the Big 12.

How do you figure. It's not like Northwestern and Ohio State embarrassed themselves in those games. If Big 10 is as weak as everyone seems to think, then to me all these games proved is that the Big 12 isn't nearly as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #698 of 756
Excuse me, who won? In the end that is what matters.
biggrin.gif

I will agree though that Ohio State did not embarass themselves (this year).

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #699 of 756
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Well, the Big 12 teams may have won, but I don't know if I'd call the wins convincing.

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #700 of 756
Quote:

biggrin.gif

No, that is not the whole story. You get to claim wins, but you do not get to claim a talent gap AT ALL, based on those wins. Sorry. The Big 12 is proving it does have MAJOR issue in how it plays defense.

The SEC looks to be considerably better than the B12, and they will provide it once and for all Thursday.

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #701 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SEC looks to be considerably better than the B12, and they will provide it once and for all Thursday.

This leaves me with a huge dilemma. I want Oklahoma to destroy Florida in this game, but at the same time I want the whole world to see that the Big 12 is not the juggernaut that people make it out to be. I don't know what to do.

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #702 of 756
I'm fully rooting for FLA, just for that reason. The Big 12 had great Offensive stats playing each others' poor defenses - this is showing up in the bowls big time.

At least Oklahoma played some good OOC opponents. Texas did NOT.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #703 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This leaves me with a huge dilemma.

You want Florida to win. If they do, Oklahoma's whipping boy status will surpass Ohio State's. No Buckeye in his right mind, should root for OU imo.

Anyway, the Sooners appreciate your support guys!

--

Oh and speaking of OOC, BYU vs OU will be the first game in the new Dallas Cowboy stadium. I will be there. Also, leaving for Miami tomorrow, can't wait.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #704 of 756
I agree. I will be forced to root for Florida. But i have no love for either team, I'm sorry to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back