2008 College Football Thread!
Jan 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #646 of 756
Well Iowa took care of business. I see it very unlikely OSU will beat Texas, but I guess we'll find out.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #647 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Iowa took care of business. I see it very unlikely OSU will beat Texas, but I guess we'll find out.

Monday is going to be a sad day for the Longhorn faithful.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #648 of 756
Sorry to see the Spartans fall. And I never enjoy seeing nebraska win. GO NITTANIES!

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #649 of 756
I'm rooting for the Nittany Lions.
popcorn.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #650 of 756
I know I said I was rooting more for USC than Penn St. but I'm starting to remember why I hate USC so much. So now I don't know who I'm pulling for. I think I have a shirt with Penn St. colors laying around somewhere, though.

Jan 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #653 of 756
Men & boys. 7 & 28 are liabilities for State, and USC has torn that soft flesh and exposed the contrails for the world to see. Too bad, I was hoping for a good game, but you just have to tip you hat to the Trojans and hope they get to match up with LSU one of these days. That is the only other team I think has a comparable group of athletes at the moment.

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #654 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad, I was hoping for a good game, but you just have to tip you hat to the Trojans and hope they get to match up with LSU one of these days.

Or another good team from the SEC or the Big Twelve, or whatever team people think is good that is NOT from the Big Ten. Thanks BCS commissioners, Rose Bowl commissioners, whomever, for giving us another wipeout in the Rose Bowl. USC should really be playing someone else. And maybe they should revoke the Big Ten's automatic BCS bid; this is getting ridiculous. (Just kidding, sort of.)

P.S. After we get the economy fixed, perhaps we should turn our attention to the next priority -- setting up a good college football playoff system
darthsmile.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #658 of 756
Amazing performance by USC. I didn't think they were that good this year, but I freely admit the only two games I saw of them this year was the Ohio State game, and the Oregon State game.

And the Big Ten did not distinguish itself yesterday - however, the predicted stomping of MSU by UGA did not happen, in spite of MSU's loss - half the Spartan team was throwing up from the flu, and they still gave UGA all it could handle. There was no speed or talent gap in that game, sorry.

I will now concede that the Pac Ten is better than the Big Ten this year. And given Oregon's win over Okie State, one could argue they are better than the Big 12, and deserve to have had USC somehow involved in the title hunt with FLA and OU.

But I will NOT concede that the ACC or Big East are any better than the Big Ten is. These three conferences just didn;t have the years that the Big 12, Pact Ten, and SEC did.

Moving on: I am REALLY looking forward to the Cotton Bowl today. This will be the other game to determine whether the SEC or B12 has the edge this year.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #659 of 756
Posted this in another forum and they laughed at me but it seems the experts at ESPN would like to see it too: Florida vs. USC. that would be a game.

Jan 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #660 of 756
I think OU - USC would be a heck of a game too.

I like the idea Todd Blackledge was proposing - have 5 BCS bowls, all on New Years Day, and then take the two "highest ranked" teams from the outcome of those bowls and play the NCG one week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back