200 or less neutral desktop amp
May 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 37
yup thats what i want
thx

May 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #17 of 37
what about the e11 does it sound similer?

or is the E11 nutral as i herd it was, becuse hosntly when i amp my shure 440s witht eh fiio e11 i can only hear extra detail not extra terbel or bass

May 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:
what about the e11 does it sound similer?

or is the E11 nutral as i herd it was, becuse hosntly when i amp my shure 440s witht eh fiio e11 i can only hear extra detail not extra terbel or bass

Are you using translate or something? 

That aside, the E11 as good as it is for a bunch of stuff, its bad at being noiseless(in my experience with 2 E11s). The O2 serves as a very quiet amp and its very powerful too.

May 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #19 of 37
and compared to the asgard is it any better?

May 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:
Are you using translate or something? 

That aside, the E11 as good as it is for a bunch of stuff, its bad at being noiseless(in my experience with 2 E11s). The O2 serves as a very quiet amp and its very powerful too.

i am just quick typing lol.....

my english teacher will slap me if she reads any of my posts they are all horriable :D

But yea i love the sound of the e11 with my atrios they make them so mucth more livley, i mostly just want to power my headphones properly

i am about to pull the trigger on the Objective 2 or the Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2, witch ever one is cheaper to buy and ship here in hk, buy my qustion is how does the asgard compare, i wont be using them portably at all, they will be sitting on my desk, the entire time......

May 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:
i am just quick typing lol.....

my english teacher will slap me if she reads any of my posts they are all horriable :D

But yea i love the sound of the e11 with my atrios they make them so mucth more livley, i mostly just want to power my headphones properly

i am about to pull the trigger on the Objective 2 or the Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2, witch ever one is cheaper to buy and ship here in hk, buy my qustion is how does the asgard compare, i wont be using them portably at all, they will be sitting on my desk, the entire time......

I think the Asgard is more powerful(is it?) but a lot less technically impressive then the O2, tbh I have not heard it. I'm just basing my inference on the specs. I imagine that if you would like to use your Atrios with it, the O2 is for you as it can drive pretty much everything with very little distortion including the hard to drive AKG Q/K70X series. The only thing that it can't drive are those power hungry Hifiman Orthos. 

May 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #22 of 37
As far as measurements go, the O2 should be much better than the asgard. The asgard is single ended, uses no feedback, and uses a discrete opamp, all of which are not so great if you are looking for good measured performance. However, I have not heard the asgard, I can just say that the O2 should objectively measure better. As said above, the O2 has plenty of power for almost anything that I can think of other than hifiman orthos, and the K1000s.
Also, You have a PM. :)

May 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #23 of 37
yup already real all of them.......

that nwavguy is like an audio guru or something lol

yup i think i will get the amp anyways it seems to out prfrom everthing that i was considiring

love the look of the objective 2 but the layout aint good

thx guys

May 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:
Food for thought: I have not heard the M-Stage yet (just ordered it a couple days ago), but everything I have read leads me to believe that it's not a "very neutral" amp. I believe that I have heard it called a "dark-sounding" amp, which actually is why I bought it (to pair it with my AKG Q701 which can be a bit "bright" in the trebles.

Perhaps someone else can come along and verify that I am reporting accurate information here? (or correct me if not )

Also, another thing to consider with the M-Stage is that many people like to swap out the stock opamp for an upgrade. One of the most frequently recommended opamps is the LM4562, which can be purchased on eBay from National Semiconductors (I think is the name of the seller) for less than five bucks. Changing opamps is also likely to have an impact on the M-Stage's sound signature.

EDIT: Also, see if this link is helpful to you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592977/objective-2-vs-matrix-m-stage

Recently picked up an M-stage, my initial impressive is that what people are saying this amp, that it is a dark sounding amp is true. However that is not because it has a rolled off treble as such, but because the tonal colors are stripped away and left with a monotonous blackish tone. It is getting a little difficult to describe and we have different terminology, but apparantely another member share the same impression as mine. I would say it is essentially neutral in terms of frequency response.

Mine has been put on the for sale forum. For similar price range I would also look into the new Corda Meier Rock.

May 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #27 of 37
Try the O2. Among the best neutral amps for ~150.

May 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #28 of 37
I'd say build the O2... That is what I'm doing for the same purpose. Its not as easy as buying one, but the parts are cheap and the experience is priceless. Well my purpose is more for portable. NFB-11 is not exactly perfectly neutral, at least not to my ears, but it is darn close. And honestly that is probably due to the Sabre DAC. 

Though I'll likely post thoughts between the two. Though I'll primarily be using it as a portable amp, the specs seem wondrous. I'm not sure if I'll go the ODac route as well, but I may make two just in case just to see. I'd love to increase my source inventory. 

But if you want it prebuilt its also a great deal. Probably the best you can buy from what I have seen. 

May 25, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #29 of 37
i wouldnt bild one, the amount of things that could go wrong, and i dont want it to desrtoy my headphones :frowning2:

either way its hard to get the parts here in hk and i wouldnt trust my self building somthing electrical it will explode :p

May 25, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:
i wouldnt bild one, the amount of things that could go wrong, and i dont want it to desrtoy my headphones :frowning2:

either way its hard to get the parts here in hk and i wouldnt trust my self building somthing electrical it will explode :p

I know another head fier from hk too who never seems to have problems with parts, $25 O2 for goodness sakes! My first audio project was a O2, just get a multimeter and everything will be A okay. I learnt a bunch about planning and soldering though, its a good beginner's project :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back