1964 Ears
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #1,156 of 7,417
Rawster, do you need to break them in more?  I know dynamic drivers can need a lot of break in, but what about these?  You might get improved soundstage after some time.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #1,158 of 7,417
Congrats @ rawrster and welcome to the 1964 EARS world!!
beerchug.gif

First, my family has survive that massive snowfall. I've seen photos and I can't remember snow like this ever falling in Chicago (and I remember some pretty bad winters). Hopefully, I can still get home tomorrow or Saturday.

Secondly, more first impressions details on the sound of the triples, buddy, at rawrster, please!!

Goodvibes, good to see you have survived the '11 Windy City Blizzard. I heard it was pretty rough out there Tuesday and Wednesday.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #1,159 of 7,417

Quote:
Rawster, do you need to break them in more?  I know dynamic drivers can need a lot of break in, but what about these?  You might get improved soundstage after some time.

They do open up even more over time...well the quads did. They sound a heck of a lot better than they did when I first received them, and I thought they sounded pretty damn good then.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #1,160 of 7,417

Quote:
[size=10pt]Hi anyone from Singapore here? I would like to get a [/size][size=medium]1964-T [/size][size=10pt]but I’m unsure about the shipping procedure and how the payment method is like. Thanks![/size]

Hi, I'm from Singapore! Just gotten my 1964-T this monday. For me, I shipped via fedex. Would prefer either DHL/Fedex etc than singpost as singpost doesnt really give a detailed update to the tracking information, whereas DHL/Fedex etc does. Took approximately 4 days to reach Portland including weekends. I paid using credit card, and I suppose you can pay using paypal too. But do note that if you get the 1964-T, there would be an extra USD$50 for shipping.

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #1,161 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
I noticed the 1964-Q (46ohms) has more than twice the impedance of JH11 (18ohms) and UM Mage (21ohms). So does that warrant the use of an amp? I am looking at the iBasso D12 to pair with the iPod video 5.5G for use with the 1964-Q.

@rawrster: the colours certainly look more saturated on their FB page.

Impedance doesn't really make everything. It's important to compare impedance with sensitivity. You have to also distinguish impedance DC between impedance @1kHz.
With impedance of 46Ohm @1kHz and sensitivity of 118dB they should be still easy to drive however they might be a littli bit quieter

it can be very deceiving at times, for example,  the westone 3's are rated at 30ohms with a sensitivity of 107 versus the triple fi 10 at 32 ohms and 117db yet at the same volume, the triple fi's are noticeably more quiet

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #1,163 of 7,417
Hi everyone, I just called (via skype, must remember to only do that from my wired network from now on) 1964 ears to inquire about the possibilities of a silicone mold for the quad that I am interested in. According to them because of the vented design of the quad it is only possible to do the ear canal part in silicone so not the whole iem. I did not inquire about the other iems because I am pretty sure I want the quad. According to the person on the phone the silicone might be more comfortable and offer more isolation. Apparently they have a picture on facebook of a silicone mold. He did warn me though that the silicone mold would require more cleaning because otherwise discolorations might occur. Not a problem for me since I am blind so wont see it anyway but I guess its good to know. I am pretty excited now. Now I just have to go make an appointment for impressions at some local hearing aid store and inquire about shipping services from the Netherlands to the usa because I have no with for my impressions to take 2 weeks to reach the usa. Oh as far as I know they offer paypal for payment. Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #1,164 of 7,417
Hey Guys !

Quick question, I am going to get impressions done on the 20th and i just picked up an RSA Hornet-M I will be ordering the quads right after the impressions are done. Does anyone have any experience with the Hornet-M and their opinions of pairing it with the Quads ?I am on pg 48 of the thread so far but couldnt wait to ask this question.

Thanks for all the info on what looks to be a great up and coming custom iem company.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #1,165 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
[size=10pt]Hi anyone from Singapore here? I would like to get a [/size][size=medium]1964-T [/size][size=10pt]but I’m unsure about the shipping procedure and how the payment method is like. Thanks![/size]

Hi, I'm from Singapore! Just gotten my 1964-T this monday. For me, I shipped via fedex. Would prefer either DHL/Fedex etc than singpost as singpost doesnt really give a detailed update to the tracking information, whereas DHL/Fedex etc does. Took approximately 4 days to reach Portland including weekends. I paid using credit card, and I suppose you can pay using paypal too. But do note that if you get the 1964-T, there would be an extra USD$50 for shipping.

thanks! now left to decide between T or Q... i prefer the quads given the shipping discount. but i'm just worried that the quad will be too bassy with my cowons9 although Randius told me it's not exactly that way.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #1,166 of 7,417

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

thanks! now left to decide between T or Q... i prefer the quads given the shipping discount. but i'm just worried that the quad will be too bassy with my cowons9 although Randius told me it's not exactly that way.

I am not familiar with the sound signature of Cowon S9, not too sure if the bass rolloff you mentioned will be of problem. I am using the quads with my 3GS and it is not too bassy, just the right amount for most tracks.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #1,167 of 7,417
Well I still need to get the CK10. I went to the post office before work and the machines weren't working and the person working apparently couldn't be on the phone and handle a pickup package well enough so had to go to work since didn't want to be late and it closed after work ended. Hopefully tomorrow.

Also I don't really believe in BA or crossover burn in but I did just get them so will have to wait and see how it sounds. It's fairly positive so far and will A/B eventually but I do have quite a bit of new stuff to listen to. I got a Meelec A151 the day before and the CK10 hopefully will be in the post office near my house or it will be a very long day tomorrow looking for them. After the initial impressions not much to add since haven't used it much.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #1,168 of 7,417
Hi everyone, I have two questions about the 1964 ears iems firstly about over the ear wearing and secondly about artwork. With some other brands you can customize the way they connect the cable (either on the top or the bottom of the housing) for straight down wear or over the ear wear of the cable. Is this also the case with the 1964 or can you wear them over the ear as is? Also I am wondering about artwork. Obviously for me it wont matter (I am blind) but I was wondering if it is visible to other people if i have the iems in my ears (like with earrings). If not then I wont bother. Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,169 of 7,417

Hi again, I have another question that I just thought about. When I make my impressions should the audicien somehow mention what is the right impression and what is the left one? I do not think that my ears are entirely the seem. Are there any markings on the 1964 ear final product to indicate what is left and what is right ear? Thanks in advance for any information, Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back