1964 Ears
Feb 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #1,126 of 7,417

Quote:
I remember EricP mentioning that the BAs were vented? is there a picture of the vent anywhere? 

Quote:
Just wanted to drop in with a short note - 

Used the Q & T briefly for about a week, I gotta say the Quads are now my go to IEMs. Excellent for music listening with the nice tight low end and sufficient soundstage. 

I'm not a basshead but I still prefer the Quads to the Triples. I'd probably love the triples if they were the only customs I had, but with both now, the Quads are my choice. 

My Westone ES5s have been sent back for refitting, so I can't do an A/B with them, but I think what I said previously still stands - The Quads *for me* are THE IEMs I'd use for listening to music with the added punch. The ES5s have a totally different sonic character with nicer mids and a more balanced freq response and I love them for what they are. The ES5s are still my favorite for critical listening and monitor mixing. (When I say critical, think professional Studio & Live Sound Engineer mixing).

In closing, the triples are good IEMs but every time I use them, I keep wanting to go back to the Quads - I don't think I've ever finished a listening session without going back to the Quads eventually. That's just coz I have them, otherwise the Triples are excellent in their own right. 

thanks for the impressions, how does the quads compare to the triples soundstage and bass wise? also, does the bass ever get in the way of the treble or the mids?

james

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,127 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
I remember EricP mentioning that the BAs were vented? is there a picture of the vent anywhere? 

Quote:

Used the Q & T briefly for about a week, I gotta say the Quads are now my go to IEMs. Excellent for music listening with the nice tight low end and sufficient soundstage. 

I'm not a basshead but I still prefer the Quads to the Triples. I'd probably love the triples if they were the only customs I had, but with both now, the Quads are my choice. 

My Westone ES5s have been sent back for refitting, so I can't do an A/B with them, but I think what I said previously still stands - The Quads *for me* are THE IEMs I'd use for listening to music with the added punch. The ES5s have a totally different sonic character with nicer mids and a more balanced freq response and I love them for what they are. The ES5s are still my favorite for critical listening and monitor mixing. (When I say critical, think professional Studio & Live Sound Engineer mixing).

In closing, the triples are good IEMs but every time I use them, I keep wanting to go back to the Quads - I don't think I've ever finished a listening session without going back to the Quads eventually. That's just coz I have them, otherwise the Triples are excellent in their own right. 

thanks for the impressions, how does the quads compare to the triples soundstage and bass wise? also, does the bass ever get in the way of the treble or the mids?

james

X2 on James' questions, especially the last one.  That will likely make my decision.  That and how badly I want to spend the extra $150...  I figure I have a pair of Denon D7000's for a fun, bass prominent headphone, so I go back and forth between neutral, accurate iem, and fun, bass prominent iem.  Last, Quad owners, do you find them fatiguing?  Jermng, which are less fatiguing, triples or quads? - Thank you!!!!  I'll get impressions done this week!

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #1,128 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

james

X2 on James' questions, especially the last one.  That will likely make my decision.  That and how badly I want to spend the extra $150...  I figure I have a pair of Denon D7000's for a fun, bass prominent headphone, so I go back and forth between neutral, accurate iem, and fun, bass prominent iem.  Last, Quad owners, do you find them fatiguing?  Jermng, which are less fatiguing, triples or quads? - Thank you!!!!  I'll get impressions done this week!

I'm hoping they're nothing like the westone 3's in terms of bass vs mids vs treble...

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #1,129 of 7,417
I am getting my impressions tomorrow morning and driving them over after work. I was set on getting the getting the triples but I am concerned about bass. I would prefer not to spend the extra money but I don't want to regret it later. I prefer lows and mids to the highs. Too much treble wears my ears out.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #1,130 of 7,417
well if they are close by you would think they would have the demo pairs they are on their facebook album

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #1,131 of 7,417
I tend to expect the worst. On a positive note since they are about 2 miles from me I would expect that if there is an issue with fit I can stand on the doorstep and be annoying until they help me.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #1,133 of 7,417
Hi everyone,
I wanted to wait and save up for the jh16 but that would have taken quite a long time. I am now pretty sure that I want to go for the 1964q because I can afford that if I sell the gear that is for sale now. I am getting pretty disappointed by the isolation I get from universal iems. I am wondering though wether to take the silicon housing option or the acrylic housing one? I did read somewhere that silicon offers a bit more isolation and can be more comfortable.
I am worried though because I live in the Netherlands europe and posting stuff to the usa takes in general about 10 days. If my ear impressions are not right (i will have to go to a hearing aid store to have them taken and custom iems are not that popular in the Netherlands) this could really turn into a nightmare.
I am also quite disappointed that I would have to pay customs for these (I know at least two usa based companies that I was previously interested in that will under declare for you).
I know that there are some european companies that I considered in the past but still I dont think for the price of the quads even with added customs that I could buy any of their top products.
The main thing htat i sholding me back now though is the ear impressions possible nightmare and that I now have to recalculate what the quads will cost me in total.
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #1,134 of 7,417
Quads update:
I spoke with customer service and they are going to remake my order.  To compensate, the Quads will be overnighted when they're finished.  Customer service also said that they are going to stop using USPS, and will go with a delivery service like FedEx or UPS instead.   

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,135 of 7,417
I guess the mail man is late today. I usually get my mail by 1 or 2PM but nothing right now. I hope they are being delivered today since I have 2 packages close by where I am now. The wait for the mail sucks :p

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #1,136 of 7,417

Quote:
I guess the mail man is late today. I usually get my mail by 1 or 2PM but nothing right now. I hope they are being delivered today since I have 2 packages close by where I am now. The wait for the mail sucks :p

is it snowing in new york too? 

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,137 of 7,417
The mail man came with my 1964-T but I'm a bit disappointed the CK10 didn't come. I think another person should be coming today to deliver the CK10. First impressions to come...

Also the pics from their facebook are a tad darker but not too bad.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #1,138 of 7,417

Quote:
The mail man came with my 1964-T but I'm a bit disappointed the CK10 didn't come. I think another person should be coming today to deliver the CK10. First impressions to come...

Also the pics from their facebook are a tad darker but not too bad.

Congrats!  Definitely looking forward to impressions.

I just need to clear up my work schedule so I can slip away to get my impressions done to order my own.  In the meanwhile I must live vicarious through all you lucky owners.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #1,139 of 7,417
Well... I had to subscribe to this thread.
Gotta know first hand what rawrster thinks about them. 
ksc75smile.gif

That, and my interest has been piqued.

(Sorry your CK10's didn't arrive with them...)

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,140 of 7,417
The fit seems good so far but 5 minutes in doesn't tell you everything about it. I have to test it out during the day and see if I'm able to eat with them on without losing seal.

The cable is a bit different than the ES cable. The plastic tube where the memory wire portion is a bit longer than the ES cable but it just additional tubing without the wire being longer. I'm not sure if that's better or not but will be a while to A/B with my Livewires. I want to ask someone to terminate mine into a straight neutrik since my soldering skills or rather lack of soldering skills prevent me from being able to do so myself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back