1964 Ears
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #5,986 of 7,417
Mind you, I feel the IE800 has more weakness than SE846 lol. But I love their rich lush mids and bass.
I don't really listen to vocal trance so I'm not sure how the SE846 will fare, but if you do get the chance to try let me know how it goes :wink:

I've never tried the IE800 before but I've heard so many bad and good things about it. It's interesting how many different views people have of it, and some of their views contradict others.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #5,987 of 7,417
I've never tried the IE800 before but I've heard so many bad and good things about it. It's interesting how many different views people have of it, and some of their views contradict others.

One of the reason for the contrasting reviews is the fitting. I've seen a few who mentioned its a bright sounding IEM, but I think it's totally the opposite of bright. Poor fit and seal can reduce a lot of bass..

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #5,988 of 7,417
One of the reason for the contrasting reviews is the fitting. I've seen a few who mentioned its a bright sounding IEM, but I think it's totally the opposite of bright. Poor fit and seal can reduce a lot of bass..

Funny you say that. I think the treble is nice and bright. I get a great fit.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #5,989 of 7,417
Funny you say that. I think the treble is nice and bright. I get a great fit.

I was talking about the sound signature. As for the treble I thought there was a major flaw at the higher peaks. Sounded very thin and brittle during the cymbals. Like crushing a paper sound.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #5,990 of 7,417
Mind you, I feel the IE800 has more weakness than SE846 lol. But I love their rich lush mids and bass.
I don't really listen to vocal trance so I'm not sure how the SE846 will fare, but if you do get the chance to try let me know how it goes
wink.gif

The SE846 sounds fantastic with vocal-heavy Eurodance tracks, as well as bass-prominent EDM genres such as Hard Trance, Hard Style, and Gabber.

Btw, it looks like we're derailing the 1964 Ears thread with all this talk of the SE846. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #5,991 of 7,417
The Sennheiser CX-300 II beats them all!

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #5,992 of 7,417
So I was given the chance to demo the 1964 V6, V6S, V8, and the Noble 6C and K10 by Calvin from Music Sanctuary. He did bring along the 8C, but I kinda forgot to demo it :frowning2:

Do note that as I have mentioned before, my dictionary of audio terminology is extremely, extremely limited.

So here's my very brief 2-cents impressions (YMMV).

1964ears
V6
The most neutral signature in the 1964ears series. Decent bass, although as described previously in head-fi, the quantity of the bass is lacking. Vocals are and smooth and sweet, but slightly laid back, which is not a bad thing too. Perhaps I've been too spoiled by the shures, which is better for vocals. However, I like this as it allows me to focus on the instruments as well. The shures are sometimes so forward I find it alittle difficult to focus on the instruments, although in terms of pure vocals, the shures wins hands down. The highs are great, and is even better than that of the 846 with white filters.

V6 Stage
Different signature from the V6. More emphasis on bass and highs. Mids are still good, but slighter more recessed. I will like it for bassier tracks, but for general use, I'd prefer the V6 to complement my shures.

V8
My favourite of the 1964 series. Thumping base! Vocals are still sweet. Highs are brillant but not overly so, so less sibilance with my 846. If I were to replace my 846, this would be it! Awesome soundstaging. Didn't really focus on its separation, but seems to be a tad poorer than the V6, but may just be me not focusing well enough.

Noble Audio
6C
Similar to the V6, better in its own way. Bass was less impactful than the V6, but makes up with brilliant mids and highs. Seems a bit less sweet than the V6 though. Is this better than the V6? Not to me at least, due to the price difference. Didn't spend much time with this IEM though, so i would not want to comment on this much more. :)

K10
The clear winner here. What's been said on head-fi has been said, so there isn't anything I can add to the expert reviews by the other head-fiers. Its by far the most all rounded CIEM available in the list I have tried here. To my ears at least, once i put them on, there was no doubt. For the rest, I had to A/B multiple times before I came to my conclusion. Its an awesome IEM! Best IEM in the world? Thats subjective! I like it though, and thats good enough for me. :) 

Please note that I tried them with my DX90 on a wide variety of tracks. This is just my humble opinion on these iems. I am by no means saying that any of these are poor/bad or worse than the other (maybe with the exception of the K10 
ph34r.gif
).

Again, many thanks to Calvin from Music Sanctuary for coming all the way to Sengkang for me to demo these awesome IEMs. :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #5,993 of 7,417
  So I was given the chance to demo the 1964 V6, V6S, V8, and the Noble 6C and K10 by Calvin from Music Sanctuary. He did bring along the 8C, but I kinda forgot to demo it :frowning2:

Do note that as I have mentioned before, my dictionary of audio terminology is extremely, extremely limited.

1964ears
V6
The most neutral signature in the 1964ears series. Decent bass, although as described previously in head-fi, the quantity of the bass is lacking. Vocals are and smooth and sweet, but slightly laid back, which is not a bad thing too. Perhaps I've been too spoiled by the shures, which is better for vocals. However, I like this as it allows me to focus on the instruments as well. The shures are sometimes so forward I find it alittle difficult to focus on the instruments, although in terms of pure vocals, the shures wins hands down. The highs are great, and is even better than that of the 846 with white filters.

V6 Stage
Different signature from the V6. More emphasis on bass and highs. Mids are still good, but slighter more recessed. I will like it for bassier tracks, but for general use, I'd prefer the V6 to complement my shures.

V8
My favourite of the 1964 series. Thumping base! Vocals are still sweet. Highs are brillant but not overly so, so less sibilance with my 846. If I were to replace my 846, this would be it! Awesome soundstaging. Didn't really focus on its separation, but seems to be a tad poorer than the V6, but may just be me not focusing well enough.

Noble Audio
6C
Similar to the V6, better in its own way. Bass was less impactful than the V6, but makes up with brilliant mids and highs. Seems a bit less sweet than the V6 though. Is this better than the V6? Not to me at least, due to the price difference. Didn't spend much time with this IEM though, so i would not want to comment on this much more. :)

K10
The clear winner here. What's been said on head-fi has been said, so there isn't anything I can add to the expert reviews by the other head-fiers. Its by far the most all rounded CIEM available in the list I have tried here. To my ears at least, once i put them on, there was no doubt. For the rest, I had to A/B multiple times before I came to my conclusion. Its an awesome IEM! Best IEM in the world? Thats subjective! I like it though, and thats good enough for me. :) 

Please note that I tried them with my DX90 on a wide variety of tracks. This is just my humble opinion on these iems. I am by no means saying that any of these are poor/bad or worse than the other (maybe with the exception of the K10 
ph34r.gif
).

Again, many thanks to Calvin from Music Sanctuary for coming all the way to Sengkang for me to demo these awesome IEMs. :)

Congrats on the demo, yes Calvin's services is awesome :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #5,994 of 7,417

1964ears
V6

V6 Stage

V8

Noble Audio
6C

K10

ph34r.gif
).

If I were to live with only one IEM, I would be happy with either the 8C or K10. You really have to try the 8C as well- don't forget that it too was a flagship not too long ago :)

As a complementary IEM, though, the K10 is so unique that it makes a lot of sense- you'll always have a spot for it in your collection.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #5,995 of 7,417

Great impressions, bro!

Nice to see another fan of the K10 on the boards.

Anyway, coming from the SE846, I can see why you like the V8. However, I very much prefer the V6-Stage for its overall refinement and greater clarity.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5,996 of 7,417

1964ears

V6 Stage

V8

Excellent compares - cheers for that! I hope you don't mind, but can I ask a few questions based on your listens?
-V6 Stage vs V8:
 - Would you say the V8 bass could be too much in some ways?
 -Does the V6 Stage have 'enough' bass (even thgouh not as mcuh as the V8?
 -To what extent does the V8's warmer signature negatively effect it's overall clarity? (I want something that isn't going to ruin tracks that rely on a detailed sound, like   this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBxHmzrQ_8
-Does the V8 have substantially bigger soundstage to the V6 Stage? Or are they comparable? 
-How noticeable is the difference in separation between the V8 and V6 Stage? 

As mentioned earlier, I'm worried if I get the V6Stage it won't be bassy enough, and might be lacking in soundstage, but am also worried if I get the V8 it will be too much on the low end and won't do a lot of music the detailed justice it deserves...?

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #5,997 of 7,417

K10

Great review. Very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post.

How would you compare the K10 to the 846? 

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #5,998 of 7,417

If I were to live with only one IEM, I would be happy with either the 8C or K10. You really have to try the 8C as well- don't forget that it too was a flagship not too long ago :)

As a complementary IEM, though, the K10 is so unique that it makes a lot of sense- you'll always have a spot for it in your collection.

Haha I will bear it in mind to give it a try if I'm free! :)

Excellent compares - cheers for that! I hope you don't mind, but can I ask a few questions based on your listens?
-V6 Stage vs V8:
 - Would you say the V8 bass could be too much in some ways?
 -Does the V6 Stage have 'enough' bass (even thgouh not as mcuh as the V8?
 -To what extent does the V8's warmer signature negatively effect it's overall clarity? (I want something that isn't going to ruin tracks that rely on a detailed sound, like   this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBxHmzrQ_8
-Does the V8 have substantially bigger soundstage to the V6 Stage? Or are they comparable? 
-How noticeable is the difference in separation between the V8 and V6 Stage? 

As mentioned earlier, I'm worried if I get the V6Stage it won't be bassy enough, and might be lacking in soundstage, but am also worried if I get the V8 it will be too much on the low end and won't do a lot of music the detailed justice it deserves...?

Thank you. Sure, again, below are just my 2cents worth. 
-Yup the V8 has awesome bass, but there are times it could be a bit too much.
-"enough" bass is really subjective. I wouldn't say its enough to me, coming from the SE846. Its just decent enough. But if you're comparing between just these 3 1964ears ciems, then yeah, its right smack between the V6 and V8 for bass amount. 
-Well, to me, coming from the likes of the SE846, and starting my listening with the V6 and V6S, the V8 loses out on clarity. That its separation is good helps though, its warmness does makes things a tad muddy. You would still be able to hear the individual instruments, especially on tracks like Sora-Revans. But on bass heavier tracks its clarity would suffer just that little bit more. To me the V8 is a more "Fun" iem, great for when travelling/walking, which would be times you wouldn't be looking too much into its clarity. :)
-Yup for me at least, the V8 has a bigger soundstage. While not extremely bigger, it is a noticeable difference. Maybe its due to the V8's highs being more 'airy' and less sharp/in-you-face?
-The V8's separation is good, but perhaps due to its warmness, it loses to the V6S, just by a slight bit. To me, the V6S separation is better due to its better clarity. 

Great review. Very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post.

How would you compare the K10 to the 846? 

Welcome. :)

The K10 has solid bass, not as much as the V8, and loses out just that bit to the 846 in terms of quality, but the most well rounded bass in my list. Mids are smooth and lush, and slightly more laid back comparing to the 846. Doesn't harm vocals though, so the likes of female vocalist are still sweet! Its slightly more laid back nature in comparison to the 846 does make it more enjoyable when listening to classicals and jazz, especially when I was trying to focus on the instruments. The highs though, are where it totally wipes the 846 with. Its more airy, and just right to me. Bright enough but not overly so. The 846 highs was decent but not fantastic, as to me, it was abit too sparkly with the white filters but not bright enough on neutral(Blue). Soundings staging is similar to me, but the K10 edges the 846. Separation would be too close to call. The whole package just sounds like a headphone or speaker! I'm not a headphone/speaker kinda person though, so take my previous sentence with a pinch of salt 
ksc75smile.gif
. Always an IEM person!

To conclude this, the K10 is an awesome all rounder, but with a more natural signature comparing to the 846 (less forward mids, flatter sound signature). It ticks all the boxes, and then some. It may not be the best, but its the best all-rounded CIEM i've tried. :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #5,999 of 7,417
Haha I will bear it in mind to give it a try if I'm free! :)
Thank you. Sure, again, below are just my 2cents worth. 
-Yup the V8 has awesome bass, but there are times it could be a bit too much.
-"enough" bass is really subjective. I wouldn't say its enough to me, coming from the SE846. Its just decent enough. But if you're comparing between just these 3 1964ears ciems, then yeah, its right smack between the V6 and V8 for bass amount. 
-Well, to me, coming from the likes of the SE846, and starting my listening with the V6 and V6S, the V8 loses out on clarity. That its separation is good helps though, its warmness does makes things a tad muddy. You would still be able to hear the individual instruments, especially on tracks like Sora-Revans. But on bass heavier tracks its clarity would suffer just that little bit more. To me the V8 is a more "Fun" iem, great for when travelling/walking, which would be times you wouldn't be looking too much into its clarity. :)
-Yup for me at least, the V8 has a bigger soundstage. While not extremely bigger, it is a noticeable difference. Maybe its due to the V8's highs being more 'airy' and less sharp/in-you-face?
-The V8's separation is good, but perhaps due to its warmness, it loses to the V6S, just by a slight bit. To me, the V6S separation is better due to its better clarity. 
Welcome. :)

Thanks for all that! So the v8 still has plenty of detail and clarity, just not as much as the v6s,is that what your saying? And would you say the v6s still has a pretty big soundstage?
And finally, so I can get some kind of benchmark of your opinions, have you ever heard the Senn ie8s or ie80s,or the earsonics SM64s?
Cheers again!

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #6,000 of 7,417
Thanks for all that! So the v8 still has plenty of detail and clarity, just not as much as the v6s,is that what your saying? And would you say the v6s still has a pretty big soundstage?
And finally, so I can get some kind of benchmark of your opinions, have you ever heard the Senn ie8s or ie80s,or the earsonics SM64s?
Cheers again!

Sorry have not heard both senns and earsonic. Yup that would be the gist of what i felt, which is similar to a few others too. Do take what i say with caution and demo them if you could. Afterall, ymmv. :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back