1964 Ears
Mar 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #4,711 of 7,417
The worst thing that can happen is that the pins get broken off in the sockets, making the IEMs unusable and requiring a trip back to the factory, where they will have to be rebuilt.  But other than that, not much...

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #4,713 of 7,417

It looks like the right price for the perfect product...

Even if they get pissy and don't want to give you the $25 discount - it could still be worth it.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #4,715 of 7,417
For people in NYC, there's a new dealer for 1964 Ears ciems/iems! The excellent audiologist Chris Herget http://www.nychearingandbalance.com/#!about/cipy

One thing I really, really like about Chris as an audiologist is that if you're concerned about fit, he'll actually look in your ears as you open and close your mouth to see how the canals change. That just makes a ton of sense and it's a cool thing for an audiologist to do.

In any case, he has (or can get) all the 1964Ears demos (you'll want to call in advance anyway).

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #4,716 of 7,417
Can anyone here give me some advice on the custom artwork of the 1964 ears? Would it be okay if my design was on a white based background? Would that make my faceplate white, or would it be okay? Any other experience with the artwork would be helpful too! Wouldn't want to make a printing mistake. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #4,717 of 7,417
Can anyone here give me some advice on the custom artwork of the 1964 ears? Would it be okay if my design was on a white based background? Would that make my faceplate white, or would it be okay? Any other experience with the artwork would be helpful too! Wouldn't want to make a printing mistake. Thanks!

Shouldn't make any difference what background the artwork you give them is on; give them the pic/drawing/whatever, tell them exactly how you want it. They'll probably tell you it's best to do a mockup so you can get an idea of what it will look like first so you can be sure it's what you want - will cost you a tenner; I had two done before I settled, which was well worth it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #4,718 of 7,417

1964 ears do have a ciem designer on the website that lets you upload your art work so you could try it before buying.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #4,719 of 7,417
Yup just go to the ciem designer on the website. I couldn't design exactly what i wanted online but I still did it and after a quick email it was made possible. I got motivated by the pictures of their work on Instagram. They can truly do amazing work. I said can y'all put a multi color design over brushed aluminum? No problem.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #4,722 of 7,417
Just got one of these and they are amazing... Not cheap, but I think I could run it over with a truck and not crush it.

Hippocan - kinda like the JH can...

http://jaben.net/shopping2/Hippocan-metal-earphone-case.html

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #4,725 of 7,417
I like the Ultimate Ears small metal custom case ($20) and the Shure oval EAHCASE ($10-15). I have several of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back