1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 22, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #7,666 of 9,124
Anyway, returning to the discussion of 1964 ears ADEL IEMs. I have placed my order for my first pair of custom IEMs which are 64 Audio A12 with ADEL and sockets which are not recessed. I am very excited to try out my very first set of custom IEMs which are 64 Audio A12 with ADEL. Again, I have not heard the 64 Audio A12 IEM with ADEL but I have faith that it'll be a very good IEM. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #7,667 of 9,124
Someone working closely with EE had provided me that almost everything on EE's lineup is relatively bass light. Sure there's Savage but it's not out yet.

Fwiw I still own 3 of 64 audio's universals and now have custom Zeus XR's with ADEL. Extensively demoed their non-ADEL spartan and original Zeus XR. They may not have the low end focus of 64 audio. But I wouldn't dare say they were bass light. And take EQ amazingly well if you choose.

I also have some etymotic ER4P's w/P to S adapter. Most people consider those around "neutral". To me they're approaching bass light. My U3 and U6 are approaching bass heavy. But not necessarily bass head level. The Zeus XIV is closer to the 64's in bass quantity, the spartan closer to the ety's, and the Zeus R somewhere in between. And now that I think about it. Not just in bass. The treble of the Zeus is smoother, and in a way more like the 64's, and the spartan has a little more edge approaching the etymotics. But to me the treble of the 64's is approaching recessed. And I wouldn't say that about the Zeus at all. It's just so smooth.

The U4SE is the odd duck, but probably my favorite of the 64's. It has the low end punch of the other 64's, nice mids, and, compared to the other 64's, a brighter signature. But it also seems less "refined" or something. More raw maybe.

Anyway don't discount EE before you try them. And if you're really interested in the savage line, send them a message. See what they can do.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #7,668 of 9,124
Fwiw I still own 3 of 64 audio's universals and now have custom Zeus XR's with ADEL. Extensively demoed their non-ADEL spartan and original Zeus XR. They may not have the low end focus of 64 audio. But I wouldn't dare say they were bass light. And take EQ amazingly well if you choose.

I also have some etymotic ER4P's w/P to S adapter. Most people consider those around "neutral". To me they're approaching bass light. My U3 and U6 are approaching bass heavy. But not necessarily bass head level. The Zeus is closer to the 64's in bass quantity and the spartan closer to the ety's. And now that I think about it. Not just in bass. The treble of the Zeus is smoother, and in a way more like the 64's, and the spartan has a little more edge approaching the etymotics. But to me the treble of the 64's is approaching recessed. And I wouldn't say that about the Zeus at all. It's just so smooth.

The U4SE is the odd duck, but probably my favorite of the 64's. It has the low end punch of the other 64's, nice mids, and, compared to the other 64's, a brighter signature. But it also seems less "refined" or something. More raw maybe.

~Snip~
Thing about ADEL is that once you've tried it, it becomes increasingly difficult to switch to non-ADEL IEMs. I can't listen to any other IEM for more than an hour without ringing in my ears.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #7,669 of 9,124
From what I've read, Zeus creams U12 in everything but bass slam. I would have liked to own one but it's just so darn expensive. Maybe in a year or two and used pair comes along, I can get a custom one done.
Thing about ADEL is that once you've tried it, it becomes increasingly difficult to switch to non-ADEL IEMs. I can't listen to any other IEM for more than an hour without ringing in my ears.

please take those reviews with a pinch of salt. It would be advisable to not post till u try the iems that u want to post about. This is also in accordance to the posting guidelines.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #7,670 of 9,124
please take those reviews with a pinch of salt. It would be advisable to not post till u try the iems that u want to post about. This is also in accordance to the posting guidelines.

Right. Thank you. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #7,671 of 9,124
You need to learn the facts before you post perhaps. Asius has a right to be more than critical. I'm actually surprised they have taken the higher road and not been more critical, and haven't looked at legal options. Again - try taking an APEX model apart. Acoustic damper - nothing more, nothing less. It has the same tuning - but not the same effect.

According to your statement "Asius has a right to be more than critical.", should you provide me detail about this thing? Sorry but I have no research about his patent at all. Does it protect other brands to sell something likes air-pressure release module?

All of my comments here, I have no intention to say which one is superior or more efficiency, but only business manner. Same thing if 64audio publicizes that his brand is a way better than other brands and look down other brands (A, B, C, D, E, etc.), I will dislike 64Audio's manner same. 
Or do you agree that to selling your products well, you have to talk how much other products worse than you? Is it really nice manner?

Regarding to Legal, I means if one company advertised thier products with big words but not true at all. USA polices or Customer Protection Board should take any action to put the company founder into jail or that company will got penalty.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #7,672 of 9,124
In my limited knowledge, Asius has the patents for the membrane you see inside an ADEL module. So no one can mimic that in their design. I may be wrong and I am not in a position to argue what the legal consequences would be.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #7,673 of 9,124
Sorry - but the APEX model does not do what the ADEL model does. It's not close. I've seen the inner workings of the APEX module. It is essentially a vented tube with an acoustic damper. That is all. Asius is protecting their IP - and it is hugely different to APEX. Pretty much your entire post was incorrect.

APEX doesn't achieve the same goal. Why do you think there are no studies, no papers, no grants? There is practically no science posted about APEx. Why do you think they stopped making the claims that it's the same effect as ADEL? They know it's not. It's an acoustic damper. You see the same sort of things in tunable IEMs. Yes it is vented, and that may release some pressure. But as a permanent tinnitus sufferer - in my real world testing of both modules, the APEX gave me about he same fatigue as normal IEMs. With ADEL, my tinnitus doesn't flare. The 64Audio U6 with ADEL is still my favourite IEM. I really wish the two companies didn't split - because now I have to look at a competitors product (Empire Ears) if I want to stick with ADEL.

Well, after an amazing third day here at NAMM, I found a couple minutes to check up on the thread and put together a quick reply...

We have, as a company, never made any health benefit claims about our apex modules and their implementation in our IEMs.  You're absolutely right, they don't do the same thing.  Our apex modules create, essentially, a controlled leak which helps to remove pressure trapped inside the ear canal as an IEM is inserted and worn.  It doesn't act quite the same as a compliant membrane and the resistive material that we use is an acoustic foam, not a membrane in any sense of the word.  For our requirements to keep tunings and model performance equivalent, our modules were designed to offer the same amount of bass drop at 20Hz and approximately the same amount of isolation at 350Hz, where both our modules and the ADEL modules were spec'd for overall performance.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #7,674 of 9,124

Well, after an amazing third day here at NAMM, I found a couple minutes to check up on the thread and put together a quick reply...

We have, as a company, never made any health benefit claims about our apex modules and their implementation in our IEMs.  You're absolutely right, they don't do the same thing.  Our apex modules create, essentially, a controlled leak which helps to remove pressure trapped inside the ear canal as an IEM is inserted and worn.  It doesn't act quite the same as a compliant membrane and the resistive material that we use is an acoustic foam, not a membrane in any sense of the word.  For our requirements to keep tunings and model performance equivalent, our modules were designed to offer the same amount of bass drop at 20Hz and approximately the same amount of isolation at 350Hz, where both our modules and the ADEL modules were spec'd for overall performance.

Very interesting, thanks for those insights.

Could you explain why it was chosen to use carbonair foam and not regular mesh like material (e.g. Saati mesh)? Is it because the foam has acoustic mass like properties that increase the mass of the vent and therefore lower the cut-off?

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #7,675 of 9,124

Thanks For confirming it Chris. FWIW - I loved the overall sonics of the U10 especially with APEX and an impedance adaptor. If I could have had the same thing but with ADEL, then for me personally it would be close to ideal. You guys know how to tune an IEM extremely well - and the 64Audio service (from personal experience) has always been impeccable. I just get a little bristly when someone claims they are the same (and I know it's not 64Audio making those claims now). Again I (and I think others) wish your partnership had remained.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #7,676 of 9,124
According to your statement "Asius has a right to be more than critical.", should you provide me detail about this thing? Sorry but I have no research about his patent at all. Does it protect other brands to sell something likes air-pressure release module?

All of my comments here, I have no intention to say which one is superior or more efficiency, but only business manner. Same thing if 64audio publicizes that his brand is a way better than other brands and look down other brands (A, B, C, D, E, etc.), I will dislike 64Audio's manner same. 
Or do you agree that to selling your products well, you have to talk how much other products worse than you? Is it really nice manner?

Regarding to Legal, I means if one company advertised thier products with big words but not true at all. USA polices or Customer Protection Board should take any action to put the company founder into jail or that company will got penalty.

For information on Asius - I'd suggest a little research at their website. All the information is readily available - and makes really interesting reading. If you have specific questions Stephen Ambrose is always available to explain too.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #7,677 of 9,124
For information on Asius - I'd suggest a little research at their website. All the information is readily available - and makes really interesting reading. If you have specific questions Stephen Ambrose is always available to explain too.

Thanks Brooko. Hope you loved both ADEL & APEX well. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #7,678 of 9,124
Anyway, returning to the discussion of 1964 ears ADEL IEMs. I have placed my order for my first pair of custom IEMs which are 64 Audio A12 with ADEL and sockets which are not recessed. I am very excited to try out my very first set of custom IEMs which are 64 Audio A12 with ADEL. Again, I have not heard the 64 Audio A12 IEM with ADEL but I have faith that it'll be a very good IEM. 

How can you order new custom A12 with Adel module since Adel is no longer offered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back