1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 21, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #7,651 of 9,124
  https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/setting-the-record-straight-adel-vs-apex-modules

any thought about this?

Can APEX really do what ADEL does? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #7,652 of 9,124
  https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/setting-the-record-straight-adel-vs-apex-modules

any thought about this?

Can APEX really do what ADEL does?

I was going to get U/A18 until I saw this.

I just tried both APEX M20 and M15. and I found that bassy tracks do not hurt my ear at all as same as ADEL. Furthermore, I use my U8 (ADEL version) + APEX M15 and I percieve that I got bigger sound stage, more details but less bass impact compare to ADEL S1. U18 seems like A10 upgraded version. Since the Demo I tried has not yet burned-in, I think bass quantity would be increased further.

Everybody know ADEL is the first kind of thing and APEX is the second. Why does Asius have to do marketing by criticizing others? In the instant noodles market, I never seen Nissin Foods (The world's First Instant Noddles from Japan) blames other brands that they don't use high quality of noodles as same level as him. Nissin Foods just stays still on this kind of topic and He can sell his product well.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #7,653 of 9,124
  I just tried both APEX M20 and M15. and I found that bassy tracks do not hurt my ear at all as same as ADEL. Furthermore, I use my U8 (ADEL version) + APEX M15 and I percieve that I got bigger sound stage, more details but less bass impact compare to ADEL S1. U18 seems like A10 upgraded version. Since the Demo I tried has not yet burned-in, I think bass quantity would be increased further.

Everybody know ADEL is the first kind of thing and APEX is the second. Why does Asius have to do marketing by criticizing others? In the instant noodles market, I never seen Nissin Foods (The world's First Instant Noddles from Japan) blames other brands that they don't use high quality of noodles as same level as him. Nissin Foods just stays still on this kind of topic and He can sell his product well.

It's not really about hurting when listening to bassy tracks. It's about listening to IEMs without ear fatigue.
@Brooko has tinnitus and reported that ADEL relieves his tinnitus while APEX(and any other closed IEMs) increases his tinnitus.

Again, ADEL has years of research put into it. If you listen to any IEM for a short duration, obviously you won't notice any discomfort. However, try listening to an IEM for 10 hours straight(even APEX) and your ears will start ringing. This does not happen with ADEL.

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #7,654 of 9,124

I think you misunderstand the whole point. It's not about criticism. I'm talking about the how APEX achieves the goal they aim for like ADEL.
It's about fact, science, and research not just about feeling or how they sound when you hear  them.

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #7,655 of 9,124
It's actually pretty easy to test it out. Just start listening critically to the same track. Not just passive listening, listen to every note,detail etc. If you find yourself increasing the volume at any time after a set amount of time(maybe 15 minutes or 1 hour) to get the same amount of details then the reflex action in your ear drum has kicked in due to pneumatic pressure. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #7,656 of 9,124

I think you misunderstand the whole point. It's not about criticism. I'm talking about the how APEX achieves the goal they aim for like ADEL.
It's about fact, science, and research not just about feeling or how they sound when you hear  them.

I don't blame you at all but the marketing way of Asius by criticizing other brands. That article has been posted at the same day of NAMM Show. Why does Asius have to choose this day to post that article? Since I am not a scientist, I have no right to speak about effeciency of ADEL & APEX too much. Anyway, Why don't you tried both APEX & ADEL by yourself? 

If 64Audio exaggerated his APEX claim, 64Audio will face the advertising legal problem for sure.

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #7,657 of 9,124
Fun times! Did they replace your shell w/ Apex without telling you? I hope this isn't the case.

How long did it take to get them back?

They did it without communication

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #7,658 of 9,124
It's actually pretty easy to test it out. Just start listening critically to the same track. Not just passive listening, listen to every note,detail etc. If you find yourself increasing the volume at any time after a set amount of time(maybe 15 minutes or 1 hour) to get the same amount of details then the reflex action in your ear drum has kicked in due to pneumatic pressure. 

I find that the pneumatic pressure is just slightly more than the adel.
however, I feel that the design of apex reduces wind noise so I will be using apex for outdoor activities

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #7,659 of 9,124

I can listen to music for more than 3 hours straight using adel but only just over 2 hours with apex without adjusting

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #7,660 of 9,124
I find that the pneumatic pressure is just slightly more than the adel.
however, I feel that the design of apex reduces wind noise so I will be using apex for outdoor activities

ADEL has a flaw. It's vents are located on the outside of the IEM. So no matter what, if there are strong winds, you will hear it. 
Personally, the wind noise is low enough that it doesn't bother me but it's definitely there. Besides, I don't really like to stay outdoors when cold winds are blowing.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #7,661 of 9,124

Sorry - but the APEX model does not do what the ADEL model does. It's not close. I've seen the inner workings of the APEX module. It is essentially a vented tube with an acoustic damper. That is all. Asius is protecting their IP - and it is hugely different to APEX. Pretty much your entire post was incorrect.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #7,662 of 9,124

APEX doesn't achieve the same goal. Why do you think there are no studies, no papers, no grants? There is practically no science posted about APEx. Why do you think they stopped making the claims that it's the same effect as ADEL? They know it's not. It's an acoustic damper. You see the same sort of things in tunable IEMs. Yes it is vented, and that may release some pressure. But as a permanent tinnitus sufferer - in my real world testing of both modules, the APEX gave me about he same fatigue as normal IEMs. With ADEL, my tinnitus doesn't flare. The 64Audio U6 with ADEL is still my favourite IEM. I really wish the two companies didn't split - because now I have to look at a competitors product (Empire Ears) if I want to stick with ADEL.

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #7,663 of 9,124
I don't blame you at all but the marketing way of Asius by criticizing other brands. That article has been posted at the same day of NAMM Show. Why does Asius have to choose this day to post that article? Since I am not a scientist, I have no right to speak about effeciency of ADEL & APEX too much. Anyway, Why don't you tried both APEX & ADEL by yourself? 

If 64Audio exaggerated his APEX claim, 64Audio will face the advertising legal problem for sure.

You need to learn the facts before you post perhaps. Asius has a right to be more than critical. I'm actually surprised they have taken the higher road and not been more critical, and haven't looked at legal options. Again - try taking an APEX model apart. Acoustic damper - nothing more, nothing less. It has the same tuning - but not the same effect.

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #7,664 of 9,124
You need to learn the facts before you post perhaps. Asius has a right to be more than critical. I'm actually surprised they have taken the higher road and not been more critical, and haven't looked at legal options. Again - try taking an APEX model apart. Acoustic damper - nothing more, nothing less. It has the same tuning - but not the same effect.

The thing about learning the facts is that it's not that relatively available. When I was looking at U12, I thought APEX is newer and so better than ADEL. Only after really reading this thread, did I realize that that wasn't the case. Sure there's always your review but people interested are usually searching for the flagship at first

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #7,665 of 9,124

You made a lot of points. Thanks for you info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back