1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 12, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #331 of 9,124
  I'm sure basic function for Android works, e.g. play/pause and mic. Only iDevices get the full function including back/fwd... volume?

If the device recognises the middle button the answer calls, pause etc, there's no reason it shouldnt be able to do a double press to go forward a track, triple to go back etc - that comes down to the music app being used I believe. It's usually just the volume buttons non ios devices have issues with. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #332 of 9,124
You basically just made an iem barnum statement, since I doubt many people say "I want soft bass, recessed mids and sibilant treble" XD What's your budget? It douns like you want a good all rounder, which case you're in a similar boat to me -U8 or U6. The U8 will be more bassy, but the bass *should* also be better quality than the U6 because it has 4 dedicated drivers doing it - although this could be confirmed by a comparison between the already existing V6S and V8's bass - which I'm unable to do, and no one has specifically compared yet. All I've read is the V8 has more bass. 

I am on the "Below Partere/TG334 Budget" since the partere and 334 does this for me , trust me I seen alot of people that says the reverse of what I said. , so I am looking at the U6 or the U8? I tried 1964 samplers before and I think the V3 is the best balance of them all in the sound from all of them. What do you think of the U4 sound? I am looking at either that or the U4 or the U6

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #333 of 9,124
I am on the "Below Partere/TG334 Budget" since the partere and 334 does this for me , trust me I seen alot of people that says the reverse of what I said. , so I am looking at the U6 or the U8? I tried 1964 samplers before and I think the V3 is the best balance of them all in the sound from all of them. What do you think of the U4 sound? I am looking at either that or the U4 or the U6

I've not heard any, but from what I've read the U6 sounds like the V6-Stages, which looks maybe closer to what you want. Depending on just how much extra bass the V8/U8s have (anyone?)

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #335 of 9,124
  I have 3 issues with the stretch goal (following my previous post, I only just actually read the thing).

"Life is on the go. Transform your 1964ADEL Earphones into a mobile phone headset by adding an inline 3-button microphone and volume control. This state-of-the-art accessory also gives you the added convenience of accepting calls and skipping tracks to find your favorite music without reaching for your pocket. Compatible only with iDevices."

1: It absolutely does not inspire confidence in their revolutionary new RealLoud technology when they say things like the above. We still don't know where the balance is between marketing language to sell the things, and actual science, and the jury's still out because we have no benchmark for this kind of thing really- which is fine.However, when the company that's selling that starts to call a VER STANDARD 3 button and mic setup "state of the art", that concerns me. It should just be a nice little feature, it is NOT 'state of the art' anything. At best they could argue their design is 'state of the art', but that's unnecessary. So unless this very very standard accessory has some extra tech to the thousands of other virtually identical wires that cooks you a roast dinner when you press the middle button, I would have personally avoided such nonsense. 
Sorry, I know that was a massive rant and got hooked up on just one phrase, but it really is the little things when we're spending this much money. 

2: Following my logic in the previous post, I'm pretty sure they could make a non idevice version with a single button at least and a mic, so at least anyone not using an idevice has the option to stop/start much and answer calls. Just a thought. 

3: Forgetting all of that, this is an audiophile product right? I mean, I don't know many people at ALL who are willing to dish out even half of these amounts for earphones. It seems strange and quite cynical to try and broaden the market by adding a ios accessory. I'm not saying no one will use it, or that you shouldn't get it obviously if you have an ios device - but it's sort of nice to have a company care 100% about the audio quality, and not give a crap about a mic cable - especially when it's an interchangeable cable iem anyway. I for one would much rather have had them offer the option of customisable colouring or something. 

Also, This is an already successful company, I'm not sure why it needs another batch of money that big just for a (not state of the art) wire accessory. 

Right, so after that rant I'd like to also add it is only that - a rant - I am still backing the U8s (might change to the U6 when I start getting some V6S/V8 comparisons from Ivabign ;P). 

As many of us agree on, don't buy it on the claims about ADEL. Buy it because you want something from 1964 at a "discount". 

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #336 of 9,124

Monkeys are certainly the closest animal model to humans but I think it would be unlikely that such an experiment will be done for a couple of reasons.  There are very few experimental monkey colonies left in the US. The cost of keeping a colony is prohibitive.  Assuming they have the same hearing mechanisms and loss due to sound as do humans, a study of comparative hearing loss over years would cost millions.  Getting a primate protocol approved is extremely difficult.  The lower the volume the longer the study would take and the more it would cost.  Thus, one would want to use high volumes to shorten the time frame which might be uncomfortable for the monkeys and that's unacceptable.  We already know that the louder the noise and/or the longer the exposure the greater the hearing loss. I think if you have good studies that show people will listen to music at lower volumes on ADELs than on conventional IEMs you have all the information you need to say they protect the ears IF people don't crank up the volume to levels that cause loss.  There is pretty good data on sound exposure and hearing loss on which OSHA sound exposure standards are set. A couple of well-done studies in good audiology journals that demonstrate people perceive equal loudness at lower volumes would nail it.  Ambrose has posted some data, he just needs to publish a peer-reviewed paper and/or have others in the field confirm it.  That would put them on very solid ground. As you can tell from my backing A12s, I buy their claim.

Don't mistake output volume being low with hearing protection. I can put in ear plugs and hear nothing from a set of cans driven at max volume and I wouldn't necessarily suffer hearing loss. 

All you know is a claim that's still unproven that ADEL makes x volume setting sound louder. That is it. Everything else is conjecture and hear say.

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #338 of 9,124
+1, I contributed based on the reputation of the company and their products. We have to realize this is not just a risk for the consumer but also a huge risk for the company. If the product does not deliver, the company will take a huge blow in my opinion. So I am confident (i hope) that they will deliver a product that will be consistent with their other products.

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #339 of 9,124
New Stretch Goal... that's a pretty big stretch, was hoping for a $300,000 stretch first.

$350,000 3-Button Microphone

Life is on the go. Transform your 1964ADEL Earphones into a mobile phone headset by adding an inline 3-button microphone and volume control. This state-of-the-art accessory also gives you the added convenience of accepting calls and skipping tracks to find your favorite music without reaching for your pocket. Compatible only with iDevices.

Very amusing stretch goal for a big asking at 1.75x of the original goal. "Looking forward" to their new unlocks...

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #340 of 9,124
I withdrew my pledge for a U6. Decided against it, not because I don't think it'll sound good, but because I just spent a motherload on a JH13 and will save the money I withdrew for the U6 to maybe buy a better DAP such as a DX90 or X5. And also probably that once I have my first custom, I will not want to go back to a universal :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #341 of 9,124
Got it, thanks!

Once again, as a Windows Mobile user I'd like to get some useful products too. Shouldn't be that hard ?!?

deadhorse.gif

nice to see another windows user.. I'll be happy if the include some good quality cables, did they say anything about the cable they are using?

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #342 of 9,124
  I withdrew my pledge for a U6. Decided against it, not because I don't think it'll sound good, but because I just spent a motherload on a JH13 and will save the money I withdrew for the U6 to maybe buy a better DAP such as a DX90 or X5. And also probably that once I have my first custom, I will not want to go back to a universal :)

Nice, think you'll love the JH13. They impressed me a lot the last time I auditioned them.

Anyway, I'm still on the fence with regard to the A10/12, but at least I'll get a better idea of how these flagships should sound like as I'm set to audition the lineup of V-series IEMs tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #343 of 9,124
Edited

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #344 of 9,124
I tried really, really, hard to stick to the U8 option.  Except I didn't, and I just changed it to A12.  I've never had CIEMs, the only decent IEMs I ever had were my Westone 4's!  I hope I'm not making a terrible mistake because I'm stuck with them if I am.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #345 of 9,124
I tried really, really, hard to stick to the U8 option.  Except I didn't, and I just changed it to A12.  I've never had CIEMs, the only decent IEMs I ever had were my Westone 4's!  I hope I'm not making a terrible mistake because I'm stuck with them if I am.

MSRP is $2000. If you don't like it then you can sell it, and hopefully minimize your losses.

It's from 1964 ears so I'm sure they'll do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back