1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 12, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #316 of 9,124
Not a good goal, actually turns me off from the kickstarter.

Device compatibility with mic and volume wires is all messed up, better not to touch it unless you offer all the different formats needed, since they change often hard to do.

In short this stretch goal benefits a tiny small # of users and thus seems contrived and really turns me off to supporting at all.

Stretch goal should benefit as many supporters as possible. Colors, finishes, even options for cables but bebsure they are popular with the supporters, iPhone is not the majority of smartphones out there not for a long while and as I mentioned beyond iPhone it is hit or miss. Very mehhh and blah and :frowning2:

Hope you guys read this :wink:

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #317 of 9,124
I'm sure basic function for Android works, e.g. play/pause and mic. Only iDevices get the full function including back/fwd... volume?

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #319 of 9,124
Haven't seen any stretch goals yet..... Not on the project page and not in an update.

BTW, only iDevices would be a BUMMER

It's further down the project page.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #325 of 9,124
"Compatible only with iDevices"

iDon't understand why.

This is a question far more in thge realms of a forum like XDA Developers for a specific answer, but last I checked it's not actually the fault of the 3 button wire thing, or ADEL - the fault lies somewhere in the Android operating system OR hardware, from memory. However, on a 3 button setup with a microphone, pretty much every phone will be able to use the middle button to play/pause/answer calls, and the mic should work, as that's just an audio input. What doesn't work are the other two buttons (volume). So when it says 'ios only', that's *usually* not strictly true to the full extent. 
Mind you, if it doesnt work, don't hate me. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #326 of 9,124
I have 3 issues with the stretch goal (following my previous post, I only just actually read the thing).

"Life is on the go. Transform your 1964ADEL Earphones into a mobile phone headset by adding an inline 3-button microphone and volume control. This state-of-the-art accessory also gives you the added convenience of accepting calls and skipping tracks to find your favorite music without reaching for your pocket. Compatible only with iDevices."

1: It absolutely does not inspire confidence in their revolutionary new RealLoud technology when they say things like the above. We still don't know where the balance is between marketing language to sell the things, and actual science, and the jury's still out because we have no benchmark for this kind of thing really- which is fine.However, when the company that's selling that starts to call a VER STANDARD 3 button and mic setup "state of the art", that concerns me. It should just be a nice little feature, it is NOT 'state of the art' anything. At best they could argue their design is 'state of the art', but that's unnecessary. So unless this very very standard accessory has some extra tech to the thousands of other virtually identical wires that cooks you a roast dinner when you press the middle button, I would have personally avoided such nonsense. 
Sorry, I know that was a massive rant and got hooked up on just one phrase, but it really is the little things when we're spending this much money. 

2: Following my logic in the previous post, I'm pretty sure they could make a non idevice version with a single button at least and a mic, so at least anyone not using an idevice has the option to stop/start much and answer calls. Just a thought. 

3: Forgetting all of that, this is an audiophile product right? I mean, I don't know many people at ALL who are willing to dish out even half of these amounts for earphones. It seems strange and quite cynical to try and broaden the market by adding a ios accessory. I'm not saying no one will use it, or that you shouldn't get it obviously if you have an ios device - but it's sort of nice to have a company care 100% about the audio quality, and not give a crap about a mic cable - especially when it's an interchangeable cable iem anyway. I for one would much rather have had them offer the option of customisable colouring or something. 

Also, This is an already successful company, I'm not sure why it needs another batch of money that big just for a (not state of the art) wire accessory. 

Right, so after that rant I'd like to also add it is only that - a rant - I am still backing the U8s (might change to the U6 when I start getting some V6S/V8 comparisons from Ivabign ;P). 

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #327 of 9,124
  I have 3 issues with the stretch goal (following my previous post, I only just actually read the thing).

"Life is on the go. Transform your 1964ADEL Earphones into a mobile phone headset by adding an inline 3-button microphone and volume control. This state-of-the-art accessory also gives you the added convenience of accepting calls and skipping tracks to find your favorite music without reaching for your pocket. Compatible only with iDevices."

1: It absolutely does not inspire confidence in their revolutionary new RealLoud technology when they say things like the above. We still don't know where the balance is between marketing language to sell the things, and actual science, and the jury's still out because we have no benchmark for this kind of thing really- which is fine.However, when the company that's selling that starts to call a VER STANDARD 3 button and mic setup "state of the art", that concerns me. It should just be a nice little feature, it is NOT 'state of the art' anything. At best they could argue their design is 'state of the art', but that's unnecessary. So unless this very very standard accessory has some extra tech to the thousands of other virtually identical wires that cooks you a roast dinner when you press the middle button, I would have personally avoided such nonsense. 
Sorry, I know that was a massive rant and got hooked up on just one phrase, but it really is the little things when we're spending this much money. 

2: Following my logic in the previous post, I'm pretty sure they could make a non idevice version with a single button at least and a mic, so at least anyone not using an idevice has the option to stop/start much and answer calls. Just a thought. 

3: Forgetting all of that, this is an audiophile product right? I mean, I don't know many people at ALL who are willing to dish out even half of these amounts for earphones. It seems strange and quite cynical to try and broaden the market by adding a ios accessory. I'm not saying no one will use it, or that you shouldn't get it obviously if you have an ios device - but it's sort of nice to have a company care 100% about the audio quality, and not give a crap about a mic cable - especially when it's an interchangeable cable iem anyway. I for one would much rather have had them offer the option of customisable colouring or something. 

Also, This is an already successful company, I'm not sure why it needs another batch of money that big just for a (not state of the art) wire accessory. 

Right, so after that rant I'd like to also add it is only that - a rant - I am still backing the U8s (might change to the U6 when I start getting some V6S/V8 comparisons from Ivabign ;P). 

1. Tyll wrote briefly on the ADEL tech before, you can google it. While he had his reservations, he also agreed with some of the points stated by Stephen. He mentioned he'll do his own testing later on but i think he forgot all about that :p

2. The cable mic will also work for android, but only the basic function, e.g. play/pause/answer + mic.

3. It is an audiophile product, but by going through Kickstarter they are also targeting general consumers. And understandably most of them would want a mic option too.
I know i myself would probably have that cable mic stored in a dusty cupboard somewhere...

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #328 of 9,124

1. Tyll wrote briefly on the ADEL tech before, you can google it. While he had his reservations, he also agreed with some of the points stated by Stephen. He mentioned he'll do his own testing later on but i think he forgot all about that :p

2. The cable mic will also work for android, but only the basic function, e.g. play/pause/answer + mic.

3. It is an audiophile product, but by going through Kickstarter they are also targeting general consumers. And understandably most of them would want a mic option too.
I know i myself would probably have that cable mic stored in a dusty cupboard somewhere...

1: I know - I'm not questioning or supporting the ADEL tech any more than anyone else here - I don't have enough knowledge. My point is, it doesn't inspire confidence in unknown tech when they're using unnecessary big flamboyant sales speak about tech we DO know about. 
2: I know, I said that in a previous post myself ;P
3: Fair point :D

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #329 of 9,124
I actually want to back this , since I want to see how good they are , but I dont actually know which one will suit my sound sig. If I like smooth treble and punchy bass and rather forward mid , which one of these should I choose?

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #330 of 9,124
I actually want to back this , since I want to see how good they are , but I dont actually know which one will suit my sound sig. If I like smooth treble and punchy bass and rather forward mid , which one of these should I choose?

You basically just made an iem barnum statement, since I doubt many people say "I want soft bass, recessed mids and sibilant treble" XD What's your budget? It douns like you want a good all rounder, which case you're in a similar boat to me -U8 or U6. The U8 will be more bassy, but the bass *should* also be better quality than the U6 because it has 4 dedicated drivers doing it - although this could be confirmed by a comparison between the already existing V6S and V8's bass - which I'm unable to do, and no one has specifically compared yet. All I've read is the V8 has more bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back