1000 things you've learned from Head-Fi
Jan 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #91 of 457

Quote:
lies! all lies!
147. Ipod is obviously the choice to be the all end machine.

I assume you are joking! LOL!....................I was surprised at just how bad the iPod headphone jack and line out jacks were when I got a pair of good 'phones

Edit:
Hmmmm, maybe I should make that 148:
# 148:  I was surprised at just how bad the iPod headphone jack and line out jacks were when I got a pair of good 'phones

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #92 of 457

Quote:
I assume you are joking! LOL!....................I was surprised at just how bad the iPod headphone jack and line out jacks were when I got a pair of good 'phones

Edit:
Hmmmm, maybe I should make that 148:
# 148:  I was surprised at just how bad the iPod headphone jack and line out jacks were when I got a pair of good 'phones

You were using the wrong ipod. The iphone and ipod touch 4 sound great.

149. People on this site choose brand favorites more often then recommend the best option. (even i'm guilty of this)

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #93 of 457

Quote:
You were using the wrong ipod. The iphone and ipod touch 4 sound great.

149. People on this site choose brand favorites more often then recommend the best option. (even i'm guilty of this)

Read Rex's post again, he's obviously joking.
The iPod line out cannot possibly sound as good as running an iPod into a good DAC.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #94 of 457
150: Tubes (when glowing red and hot) make you look like a awesome Headfier. 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #95 of 457
151. People think that sound cards advertised as having "dedicated headphone amplifiers" must be inherently better than those that aren't advertised as such without actually considering the nature of the amplifier circuitry itself.

(What makes an amplifier circuit more suitable for headphones than others, anyway? Doesn't it also depend on what kind of headphones you're driving? I mean, no sound card was designed to drive Stax, for a start...)

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #97 of 457
153. A Sennheiser headphone , is what most newbie buy, when they have no clue of what to get.
154. For a newbie , trying to get an advice at head-fi , is just like "flying over a cuckoo's nest". Weird words, just like "warm", "cold, "analytical" , "smooth", "fast", ... No consensus tooo. Hey, just let's get a Sennheiser headphone , don't you see all the praise  ?
155. Outside Head-fi, the Beats Pro, are the best headphone ever ! You must dumb for buying something else !
156. The expression "audio nirvana" , is just like saying "LOL".  Words with a weak strength.
157. To be serious with music, you have to spend lot of cash. No matter how you enjoy cheap stuff.
mad.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #98 of 457
158. To be serious with audio equipment, you don't have to spend a lot of cash. To be taken seriously by other purchasers of audio equipment, you have to spend a lot of cash.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #99 of 457
158. It's very easy to convince people to buy good audio if you lend them some of your equipment.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #102 of 457
Just like Bank Of America, we're just not good with numbers ; Sorry 'bout ya wallet ;')

Quote:
159. Head-Fi is worse at counting than /b/.

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #103 of 457
160. Head-Fi meets are just as fun as hanging out with your regular friends, doing regular hobbies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back