1 week review of Sony NW-ZX507 (NW-ZX500 Series)

ZX507 better than AK Kann Cube?

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #33 of 136
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #34 of 136
Im tempted to get a 507, how does it fair while running with more power hungry cans.
Ex: Beyer DT1990 Pro ?

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 136
Im tempted to get a 507, how does it fair while running with more power hungry cans.
Ex: Beyer DT1990 Pro ?

I sold my DT 1990 Pro unfortunately before trying that combination. However I wouldn't recommend those with the ZX507 because it's optimal power is provided from the Balanced 4.4mm output. 3.5mm only outputs 50mW+50mW on High Gain and may need an external amp to drive the 1990 Pros.

The 1990Pros worked well with the AK Kann Cube though on High Gain. Although i'd also recommend to check out the new Fiio M15 which apparently performs sonically better in almost all forms even against the WM1Z. And the M15s have a lot of power to drive any cans. It's about the same price as the Kann Cube.

I personally feel Sony DAPs work the best with its own kind but hardly challenging and fun for an audiophile seeking better each time :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #38 of 136
Thank you, I appreciate this...
Hi,
I ended up buying one of these - rapid charging - less than one hour to fully charge...

Anker Dual USB Wall Charger, PowerPort II 24W, Ultra-Compact Travel Charger with PowerIQ Technology and Foldable Plug

81l3ckVkGDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71MDjI91IwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #39 of 136
I wonder if I am better keep using ldac from my s9 to wm1z or go the proper route using zx-507 and spotify offeline.....

It sounds like zx-507 is really good...

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #40 of 136
the zx507 arrived today, and after getting used tot the bulk of the kann cube, im immediately shocked how small and light it is. yet sonically outdoes the kann cube (in some previous opinions of others). I have not yet to have a listen as its downloading music. But excited that such a small light device can have such performance of the cube.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #41 of 136
the zx507 arrived today, and after getting used tot the bulk of the kann cube, im immediately shocked how small and light it is. yet sonically outdoes the kann cube (in some previous opinions of others). I have not yet to have a listen as its downloading music. But excited that such a small light device can have such performance of the cube.
What headphones do you have on hand for the impression?

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #42 of 136
pairing with the campfire solaris. had a brief listen to one song, Looner by Black Moth, the zx507 sounds quite brighter and more engaging mids. the kann cube is more relaxed and a wider soundstage, very open sounding compaired.

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #44 of 136
So after a bit of time with the zx507 compared to the Kann cube; I'm no sonic genius, my previous set up was the ibasso dx200 and ie800s. I've found both having equal amounts of detail, but executed differently. The zx507 is in your face. The bass is tight, the mids excite you and the highs are very well there. I like that. Against the Kann cube everything sounds alot more relaxed. The detail is there, the soundstage lets you think about the music more. It is quite relaxed though, but also engaging. It's a different yet equal appreciation. I do love both players, it comes down to being bold or just being. And I have to hand it to the Kann cube, it will please everyone. I want excite, I prefer the Sony NW zx507. Because when I want a banging track, it plays it with alot of bang.

Feb 7, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #45 of 136
So after a bit of time with the zx507 compared to the Kann cube; I'm no sonic genius, my previous set up was the ibasso dx200 and ie800s. I've found both having equal amounts of detail, but executed differently. The zx507 is in your face. The bass is tight, the mids excite you and the highs are very well there. I like that. Against the Kann cube everything sounds alot more relaxed. The detail is there, the soundstage lets you think about the music more. It is quite relaxed though, but also engaging. It's a different yet equal appreciation. I do love both players, it comes down to being bold or just being. And I have to hand it to the Kann cube, it will please everyone. I want excite, I prefer the Sony NW zx507. Because when I want a banging track, it plays it with alot of bang.
Thanks for the impressions. Any issues driving headphones? The power output seems low on the 507.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back