Instructions regarding the installation of USB DAC driver on the X3 1st gen
Apr 24, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #31 of 70
@bluenose63:
Thanks a lot, you're my saviour. I lost half a day trying to use this as a DAC. Then I stumbled upon your solution. So I registered right away just to give my feedback.
Like you I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit and just like you I had the same problem. The driver installation went fine after disabling the Driver Signature Verification but no sound.
Now I got it working thanks to your detailed post.
So it's a common issue I suppose.

May 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #33 of 70

I tried to disable driver signature verification....but my pc just shuts down automatically before i could choose the option ''7) Disable Driver Signature Verification''

anyone knows who to solve this?

May 18, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #34 of 70
To get to this option you have to click on enable restart or something like that.  My unit did not actually restart but then went to a menu where I could choose F7 or number 7.

There is a pretty good tutorial on this that somebody linked to earlier in this thread.

By following this step I was able to enable the X3 as a USB DAC for the PC.  Now I am just crossing my fingers that we can get a mode to reduce the power draw so it will work with IOS devices.

May 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #35 of 70
[COLOR=172232]

I tried to disable driver signature verification....but my pc just shuts down automatically before i could choose the option ''7) Disable Driver Signature Verification''

[/COLOR]

anyone knows who to solve this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM1MN8QZhnk

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #37 of 70
Всем привет! У меня такой вопрос. Я установил прошивку 3.0. Нужно ли устанавливать прошивку 2.05 для работы с ЦАП
Hello! I have a question. I installed the firmware 3.0. Do I need to install the firmware 2.05 to work with DAC

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 70
Я тут почитал темы. И как мне теперь установить прошивку 2.05 с функцией ЦАП, если я уже установил прошивку 3.0 на прошивку 1.0

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #41 of 70
I'm stumped in my attempt to set up the X3's DAC function.  I have FW 3.0 installed and set the mode from Storage to DAC.
I then connect to my Windows 7 PC.  The X3 shows a USB DAC screen with sliders on the bottom.  The computer doesn't seem to recognize that the X3 is plugged in-it doesn't show in Device Manager, My Computer nor does it trigger a dialog to search/install drivers for the device.
The PDF instructions mention an included TUSBAudio package, but I can not find it anywhere.
I would really appreciate some advice on solving this issue.
(I've searched for the driver on FiiO's site, but am finding their new website is a bit buggy.)
Thanks!!!

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #42 of 70
Привет Chaz1952. У меня раньше тоже были проблемы с установкой драйвера.У меня Windows XP.Могу скинуть драйвер.Но потом я отказался от этой идеи - использовать Fiio X3 как цап для компьютера.Приобрел усилитель для наушников.Качество воспроизведения намного лучше и удобнее.Напиши свой eMAIL.Пиши beat.boroda@rambler.ru поговорим.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #45 of 70
Is this driver for X5 as well?
I cant install the driver.

Switched to DAC mode, plugged into the back USB port on my computer ( Windows 8.1 ).
I saw the DAC screen on my X5 for a brief second.
But the driver installer stuck on the thing that says required device plugged in.
Replugging doesnt work neither.

Need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back